Author Topic: Episode 96 - METHOD MEN  (Read 3172 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Episode 96 - METHOD MEN
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »

Method gaming is real.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/famicast/44054/episode-96-method-men

The Famicast is down a member this episode (RIP Sairus), but Danny, JC and Ty make things work and press on to bring you the latest and greatest from Japan.

Per usual, the show kicks off with New Business as the guys talk about Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (and discuss how Ty has a connection to the game), Axiom Verge, Yoshi’s Woolly World, GTA V, anime boob games and how method gaming is indeed real.

For this episode, the crew also tackle a heap of news ranging from the latest Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct, Pokémon Go revenue, all of the latest Switch related news and much more. Shortly after, JC presents us with some Switch related quotes from all over the industry. Is Reggie nearly as bad as JC thinks? You be the judge, jury and/or executioner.

As always, thanks for listening to the show! If you have any comments or questions, be sure to sound off in the Talkback below, hit us up on Twitter (@thefamicast) or send an email to famicast@nintendoworldreport.com. We hope your 2017 has gotten off to a great start! Let’s enjoy some vidja games!

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 96 - METHOD MEN
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »
Buying games out of your actual region on Xbox is not as easy Ty paints it to be.

Xbox accounts are actually not region-locked, they're COUNTRY locked. Depending on where you are you will have to resort to VPNs to even download your games, because download stalls on purpose on certain percentages if it discovers that you are from the wrong region or not eligible for the deal. There is a reason having a VPN for XBox 360 and One is such a lucrative market.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:44:52 AM »
Lolz, thank you for this gift. It will be brought up with Ty next episode!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:45:54 AM »
Yeah, no. I guess when I said "access" it was a little ambiguous. I've spent way too much time sperging out about XBox regions on prior episodes, so let me clarify. Effortpost incoming!

On old X360, -some- games are region locked (about half of all titles) and you'll need an account/console/IP for that region. If you want, say, a non-region locked game from a different region, here's what you gotta do:

Make an account for that region. This is easy, do it through your web browser first though. (You can at least "access" the store at this step, meaning, just looking)
Add funds to that account (gift card code, or a credit card, billing address will be a hurdle though) -or- a download code for the game
Download that ****. It won't stall your download if it's not a region locked game.

If the game you want IS region locked, you're gonna need to do that stuff plus have a console and IP address for that region.

Now, accounts aren't region locked, insofar that you can load your profile and play on any system from any country on any IP address. If you try to download games you've already bought when you move overseas or the monthly freebies on games with gold, it will stop you or not stop you on a per-game basis. My NA account is well loaded with achievements from regionlocked JP games!

Now, on XBONE games and apps, there are basically no restrictions (unless, of course, you're downloading reverse-compatible X360 games, then see above not even on X360 games). You don't need a console from a specific region or a certain IP address, you can download any and all **** that's been added to your account. I've downloaded like a hundred NA region games on my JP IP address, put in JP DLC codes on my US region account+console, bought a bunch of JP physical copies. The system simply does not give a ****. Puyo Puyo Tetris, the uh, sole JP XBone exclusive isn't on games on demand for some reason, so I can't test purchasing it, but I just accessed the JP store and downloaded a Japan-exclusive app (カラオケ@DAM) and it worked fine.

So yeah, X360 is half-region locked, XBONE is region free. Accounts are global, but the X360 games on them my not be.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:59:18 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:07:42 AM »
Add funds to that account (gift card code, or a credit card, billing address will be a hurdle though) -or- a download code for the game
I know from personal experience that Microsoft blocks payments from credit cards if it doesn't match account's country.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
Yeah, guess you'll just have to get a card off Amazon or whatever.

Also, since my last post, it occurred to me to actually do some region lock testing on X360 games on XBone, and it turns out XBone straight up bypasses X360 disc and IP lock as long as it's on the reverse compatibility list!

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 08:49:45 AM »
I pay for EU games with a JP credit card on an EU WiiU in JP.

I don't see the Switch changing that because it uses the same MyNintendo acc stuff innit.
It should (unless they randomly change something) just allow you to make multiple MyNintendo/eShop accs, and have them all come from the credit card of your choosing.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.