Community Forums > Movies & TV

Khushrenada's Annual Oscar Thread Tradition. 2015 style!

(1/6) > >>

Khushrenada:
So, even though some of these films have been commented on in the movie rating thread, I still like to separate some of the Oscar discussion into it's own beast as usual. (Frankly, I think we should just have a movie subforum and then just create threads for different movies. It would be so nice to look back on other discussions and thoughts by title instead of trying to navigate through that mega thread to find older comments but enough about that Nobel Peace Prize winning dream and back on target).

Despite not being a particularly strong year for movies, (I thought 2013 was a rather good year) the list of nominated films is decent enough for what came out. And unlike some past years, I don't really loath any of the movies nominated ala Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or Beasts of the Southern Wild. However, I do like certain movies of others and I find it interesting to see how I and others would rank the movies that have been selected. My ranking this year would be as follows:

8. The Imitation Game
7. The Theory of Everything
6. Birdman
5. American Sniper
4. Boyhood
3. The Grand Budapest Hotel
2. Selma
1. Whiplash

Even now, when I look at this list, I'm not sure if I agree with that order or not. These movies all offer unique experiences and techniques and caused different trains of thoughts on watching and reflecting on them that it's hard to say this experience is better than this experience.

However, I'll attempt to break it down over some more posts in the next few days. For now, I just thought I'd try and get the ball rolling on this.

Nile Boogie Returns:
I don't know if I'm part of the problem or not but I have seen ZERO movies on that list. I hardly go to the movies as it is but if I did go only American Sniper would I have gone see.  I may like or even love some of these films once they hit DvD but I think regular movies should be nominated as well.   

NWR_insanolord:
I haven't seen any of them either, but the last time I actually went to a movie in a theater was 2009. Just not a huge fan of the format, and especially anyone who makes forum threads about it.

Shaymin:
5. The Legend of Hercules
4. Transformers: Age of Extinction
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2. Left Behind
1. Saving Christmas

ShyGuy:
Nightcrawler needs to be on the list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version