Author Topic: 1080: Avalanche  (Read 4433 times)

Offline Biohazard

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
1080: Avalanche
« on: February 14, 2003, 05:34:34 AM »
This is one of the few games Im looking foward to this year (sides Sonic Zelda and RE4) this game has great promise!  I also don't like how people say this game looks like ass...which it doesn't.anywho.Im really feeling 1080 and it looks like it's going to be a great game to play by yourself or with friends!

Opinions, Comments, Questions refer to this thread for: 1080
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline Icons by Size

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 06:16:41 AM »
meh
Deftones own.

Offline Reverse_Gecko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 06:49:59 AM »
You knows its gonna be sweet. But it's lower priority than fzero.
------------------------------------------
GCN games I own: Metroid Prime, Sonic Adventure 2, Timesplitters 2, Waverace, Luigis Mansion, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Rogue Leader, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil, Res

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 07:21:46 AM »
I'll wait and see how it plays. The only thing I liked about the original was the soundtrack, anyway...

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 08:20:11 AM »
This seems like one of those games that everyone whines about for months about "sucking" or "looking boring" and all of a sudden, it comes out way later, and it's just completely fun and even graphically impressive after more work and tweaking.  I'm just getting that feeling about it.

So, let's officially say this is going to suck so we can really have a great time.  Haha...

(PS--I am not directing my comments towards anyone in particular--it just a negativity I've sensed around the title for a long time.  Phew.  Well, it might apply to someone who merely says "meh" in their post replies, which always gets on my nerves.  But then again it might not apply, so don't get all mad at me!)      ;-)  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 10:25:04 AM »
This is by the makers of Wave Race, is it not? If it is then thats all i need to know about it to justify my purchase, the avalanches look awesome too. I hope the snow is as big a part of 1080: Avalanche as water is in Wave Race: Blue Storm. This game is certainly on my most wanted list.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 11:33:02 AM »
Mario, I'm glad you liked Wave Race on GCN.  I thought it was a great game, and easily the most underrated of the launch titles (or was it near-launch?  I can't remember, suddenly).  I find that it's a pretty hard game, too, sometimes.  I'm not really sure what people expected, but it's a fun game with fine graphics and plenty of interesting game mechanics.  I don't know, maybe more people liked it than I think!

Anyway, I think 1080 has plenty of potential.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2003, 03:09:36 PM »
"So, let's officially say this is going to suck so we can really have a great time. Haha..."

I hope 1080 sucks ass!

Anyway I agree with Sean this is gonna be a great game and should lead casuals straight to the GNC...Im working on Getting my friends with RE 4.  The claim it's comming to PS2 and Xbox but alas...with 1080 and if it looks better then the Wind Waker video then'll that'll be fine "Gameplay before Graphics".

Suk.
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 03:43:53 PM »

I hope the snow is as big a part of 1080: Avalanche as water is in Wave Race: Blue Storm. This game is certainly on my most wanted list.

If it is, expect a lot of complaints on gameplay. i think a lot of the lower review scores on Wave Race were due to the physics. They're a major step away from those of the original, or of similar games like Splashdown, which i think drove a lot of people away.

i wouldn't say it looks bad, just disappointing. You could excuse Wave Race: Blue Storm running at 30fps because it was a first gen game, but not 1080. i understand NST picked up where Left Field left off, but it seems all they've managed to do is solidify the framerate.  
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 05:28:39 PM »
From what I saw on the Zelda Bonus Disk, it looks good. Of course I’d have to see how it plays. As for the snow, it plays a big part in the game. Escaping from avalanches, using avalanches on opponents (to get them stuck or slow them down), etc.  
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
RE:1080: Avalanche
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 06:33:43 AM »
This game is shaping up to be a must buy.

Cube Europe is reporting that NOE confirmed that 8 players can play on LAN.

Back in July, IGN got to play the latest version

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: 1080: Avalanche
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 09:29:42 AM »

Give me some snow BABY!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.