Author Topic: Comrades, let us rejoice, for we are young and free  (Read 2583 times)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Comrades, let us rejoice, for we are young and free
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »
http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk

I'm wearing my sex pistols shirt tomorrow.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Comrades, let us rejoice, for we are young and free
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
As someone from a working class Irish family, I can't say I'm particularly upset by this news... In fact, in order to celebrate I'm going to crack open a carton of milk.
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
Wow, its actually disgusting that anybody would be happy she is dead. Im not just saying that because she was a good leader of the UK, but also because she was a decent human being.

And the Irish need to learn to control the terrorism that they "unofficially" support (the Real IRA and the Provisional IRA).

Then again, I hope this was a joke thread.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:03:21 PM »
Wow, its actually disgusting that anybody would be happy she is dead. Im not just saying that because she was a good leader of the UK, but also because she was a decent human being.

And the Irish need to learn to control the terrorism that they "unofficially" support (the Real IRA and the Provisional IRA).

Then again, I hope this was a joke thread.

Hey man, I'm only being honest. I think she was a truly horrible person who destroyed whole communities, who through her intransigence set the Irish peace process back decades, effectively pushing both communities to their extremes, who let 10 political prisoners starve to death, and was instrumental in the creation of an unfettered market economy which bears a large proportion of the blame for the current economic crisis, a crisis which affects everyone, but in particular those working class communities that she irrevocably damaged in the first place.

Am I actually celebrating or happy that she's dead? Of course not. The 'celebrate with a milk' joke was a reference to this poorly written article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2305760/Margaret-Thatcher-dead-George-Galloway-leads-chorus-celebration-left.html). Do I, however, find it contemptible that people like you consider her a good leader and a decent human being? Absolutely.
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
I think the Irish committing terrorism (for a good 60 years before she even took office) is what set things back.

And letting prisoners starve to death, so? If she had forced them to eat, you would have people bitch (I see it even in 2013 with "civil rights" groups trying to claim that forcing prisoners on hunger strikes to eat somehow violates their rights). Also, the current problems in the UK is the result of more recent British politicians continuing to do austerity measures despite the evidence that austerity HURTS the economy and is what caused the recession in the first place. Thatcher was more about open markets, which is good. If anything, she helped keep the UK safe despite the terrorists in the IRA (which was unofficially supported by the Irish government).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
I completely agree that terrorism, by paramilitaries and the British and Irish governments, unleashed widespread trauma and agony.

The difference is that I'm pointing out the acts and policies of one individual. You, however, are attributing general acts of violence, performed by a minority, to a whole nationality.

I think the Irish committing terrorism (for a good 60 years before she even took office) is what set things back.

I don't know you very well, so I can't tell how knowledgeable you are about these issues or history. Based on the fact that you think 'Irish' is synonymous with 'terrorism' and the fact that in the situation of the Hunger Strikes you think Margaret Thatcher's alternative was to force feed them, I'm going to guess you know very little.

So for that reason, I'm not really comfortable discussing these issues with you.

To get back to the original point, though, I will say one last thing. Anyone who thinks Thatcher was a 'decent human being' is either too young to remember that time and is, therefore, naïve, or they are a very cruel person.
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
If a prisoner is choosing not to eat, your options are to either force them to eat or let them starve themselves.

And I dont see how anyone could consider her a cruel person, not without me getting even more against the rules on political discussion.

And I wasnt saying that terrorism ad being Irish are the same. I meant that most of the terrorism came from the Irish side (which is true).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
She's pretty much the British Equivelent to Nixon, Bush, and Reagan, but according to some sources worse.  But eh, id close this thread if i was a mod.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 04:24:31 PM »
But eh, id close this thread if i was a mod.

I would to.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 05:13:32 PM »
Hey guys, you know that ban on political discussion? That's not just for American politics.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent