Poll

Who should become Race Leader and get the power to be Vote Tiebreaker?

Pokepal148
0 (0%)
Khushrenada
3 (30%)
BeautifulShy
4 (40%)
Lolmonade
0 (0%)
MASB
0 (0%)
Nickmitch
1 (10%)
NWR_Insanolord
0 (0%)
Stevey
0 (0%)
Stratos
0 (0%)
Mr. Bungle
0 (0%)
Shyguy
0 (0%)
Mop It Up
0 (0%)
Backwards Flying Dragons
1 (10%)
Lucario
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: December 09, 2019, 11:33:15 AM

Author Topic: Mafia 83: F-Zero Strapped for Crash! [DAY 1]  (Read 10214 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 83: F-Zero Strapped for Crash! [DAY 1]
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
So Nickmitch? Why aren't you voting for BeautifulShy since she started your bandwagon? Either way, that vote against you was mostly a joke because BeautifulShy seems to be really eager to cast shade over pointless day 1 votes.

My vote against Lucario was mostly a continuation of the weird off and on rivalry we seem to have. Voting on day 1 seemed to work really well for the town last game so I figured I'd live a bit dangerously and do that again.

My vote for Nickmitch was to see how BeautifulShy would react and possibly get a reaction out of Nickmitch as well if he logged in before I came back to change it. BeautifulShy seems really eager to throw shade at me but she doesn't seem to want to commit to actually voting for me so I'm going to help her out a bit even though this probably means I'll be dead at the end of the day, not that I have anything to lose.

vote BeautifulShy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 11:41:08 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »
Votes aren't pointless. Especially Day 1 votes. There have been many games where the townies have voted for a Mafia member or even the Godfather in the first day.  Now am I claiming that you are the Godfather. No not really but your vote stood out to me on Lucario and I wanted to have a more active day 1 than there has been in games past.  Nickmitch has this habit of missing the first day so a vote in their direction I felt was needed to get them in the game sooner since there is some roles that become inactive after the 1st day. 

Still I think Nickmitch has given me a good enough reason not to vote for them. Question is who am I going to vote for now?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
New poll update shows that me and Khushrenada are tied with 2 votes for the Race Leader on who is going to break the tie.

This seems odd to me because Khushrenada has said he is going to miss most of the 1st day with overtime at his job so people voting for him to be the Race Leader is kinda forcing him to make an uninformed decision with the tie if that comes about.   As for me I haven't asked for anyone to vote for me in the poll so does that mean people trust me with the tie break or is this a way to seem like I have more support than I actually have.

Full disclosure I haven't voted in the poll yet because I am not sure on who should get the tie break yet. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2019, 07:09:10 PM »
Vote tally

pokepal-2
BeautifulShy-1
Mop it up-1
Stratos-1
MASB-2

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:53:18 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »
Going to throw a vote out for MASB because they haven't been active and I feel that the mafia just needs to let us fight amongst ourselves and sit back and win the game.

unVote MASB
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:45:59 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2019, 10:58:25 PM »
This seems odd to me because Khushrenada has said he is going to miss most of the 1st day with overtime at his job so people voting for him to be the Race Leader is kinda forcing him to make an uninformed decision with the tie if that comes about. 

I just voted for myself and suddenly find myself in the lead. I guess people realized I could still check in on the thread and read the posts made in it even if I can't be too active. That and the fact that I've clearly made a case of how truly innocent I am in this game. Thanks other racers. If you voted for me, send me a pm so that I know to not select your name in case you are a player who ends up in a tie vote at the end of the day. I want to make sure I return the favor and keep players who are willing to help me by helping you. Help me help you.

Although, I suppose we could also have a tie for the tiebreaker role. Then we'd have to have a Discord poll to break the tie for the forum poll to break the tie for the day's vote. That could be fun too. However, if you don't want to go through that scenario then please help me help you be helping me stay as race leader.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 11:02:24 PM »
Vote BeautifulShy. There can be only one Race Leader.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 11:02:49 PM »
I forgot I didn't pick a character, so I'll do that now. I'll be playing as a Tube Slider.
(box shot)
I vaguely remember hearing about this game, including on here. I think this came out before F-Zero GX and so people were interested in it tiding them over and scratching that futuristic racer itch. I was mildly curious about it meself but I never got around to buying it at any point, so I have no idea if it's any good, but it at least sounds like a novel concept.

I've never actually played it myself, I picked it mostly because it's a running joke on Radio Free Nintendo.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 01:22:50 AM »
Should I vote for Insanolord?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2019, 01:42:36 AM »
Myself and BeautifulShy have reached something of an understanding so I'm going to change my vote again because that's always a good look on day 1.

Vote MASB

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 01:47:27 AM »
It's really up to you ShyGuy . I, personally,  am not sensing Mafia vibes off of Insanolord.  I could be mistaken though.

Any other suggestions for a vote everyone? 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2019, 02:37:30 AM »
Forgive my late arrival. Only just got back from Roy Batty's memorial service. Touching. A true prince among androids! And I see the discrimination against living synthetic lifeforms continues! Two votes against me! Why? Because I'm a fashionable dresser? Because of those unfounded rumors that I won the Grand Prix due to illegal spoiler modifications? Let's not give weight to AI-generated news, people!

In self-defense, I'll vote BeautifulShy for now. That pokepal would join her, is a deep cut. Is not being a patron of NUR (Nintendo Universe Report) for the next month affected his perspective?

Being the first day of the races, it's hard to get a true feeling on anyone, but I'm wondering about Lucario. He seems to have fallen in with bad company. Keeps talking about blue shells and lightning bolts. Plus, he keeps styling my mustache to look like his!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 03:25:41 AM by MASB »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2019, 02:49:40 AM »
I am curious as to who has voted for me in the poll. I feel like I could reach out to them and maybe connect and get something going this game if they message me.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2019, 03:25:38 AM »
Currently we are at:

BeautifulShy - 2
MASB - 2
Pokepal - 2
Mop it up - 1

(I don't think Mop it up's Stratos vote should count since it is jumbled and doesn't actually say Vote So-and-so.)

With BeautifulShy currently ahead in the Race Leader poll, if the tie holds then she will probably save herself and remove Pokepal or MASB with MASB being more likely since that is who she is voting for. Of course, pokepal could break that tie by voting BeautifulShy thereby making her the leader in the day's vote and a tiebreak unnecessary. Or, MASB could change his vote to pokepal148 and put him back in the lead thereby making the tiebreak role unnecessary. Guess we'll see who blinks first and how it all plays out. Of course, if I was Race Leader, I'd probably save MASB and Pokepal in the tie situation so there's an additional wrinkle for you all.

At this point, I doubt I'll be up in time before the day closes so I don't think there will be a change in my vote. I do agree with the sentiment that most of the players who actually are threats of mafia and killer are laying low in this day thread and it is just townie players being targeted today. It seems too late to change this day's vote to another target when there are a lot of other tempting targets out there. Insanolord, Stevey, lolmonade, Mr. Bungle, ShyGuy. But maybe I'll be surprised and when I check in tomorrow and see a diffferent target was chosen and somehow three feuding townies put aside their differences and realized they could work together to make themselves safe instead of targeting other to put themselves in danger of being eliminated on the first day vote. Just don't make the target Mop it up as she will probably be eliminated by both the Mafia and Killer during the night anyways as is now the custom for these games.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2019, 03:51:35 AM »
Currently we are at:

BeautifulShy - 2
MASB - 2
Pokepal - 2
Mop it up - 1

(I don't think Mop it up's Stratos vote should count since it is jumbled and doesn't actually say Vote So-and-so.)

With BeautifulShy currently ahead in the Race Leader poll, if the tie holds then she will probably save herself and remove Pokepal or MASB with MASB being more likely since that is who she is voting for. Of course, pokepal could break that tie by voting BeautifulShy thereby making her the leader in the day's vote and a tiebreak unnecessary. Or, MASB could change his vote to pokepal148 and put him back in the lead thereby making the tiebreak role unnecessary. Guess we'll see who blinks first and how it all plays out. Of course, if I was Race Leader, I'd probably save MASB and Pokepal in the tie situation so there's an additional wrinkle for you all.

At this point, I doubt I'll be up in time before the day closes so I don't think there will be a change in my vote. I do agree with the sentiment that most of the players who actually are threats of mafia and killer are laying low in this day thread and it is just townie players being targeted today. It seems too late to change this day's vote to another target when there are a lot of other tempting targets out there. Insanolord, Stevey, lolmonade, Mr. Bungle, ShyGuy. But maybe I'll be surprised and when I check in tomorrow and see a diffferent target was chosen and somehow three feuding townies put aside their differences and realized they could work together to make themselves safe instead of targeting other to put themselves in danger of being eliminated on the first day vote. Just don't make the target Mop it up as she will probably be eliminated by both the Mafia and Killer during the night anyways as is now the custom for these games.
I love reading these posts. 

Only wrinkle that has a hole in it is in the event of a tie the Race Leader has to choose someone in the tie vote and if they don't then a random number generator will be used to choose between the players tied so someone is going to be voted out one way or another.  I would prefer some form of choice in the matter.   In choosing to vote for me Khushrenada you are forcing a 3 way tie and making one of the 3 townie players you claim that should work together and put aside our differences to go down in the vote one way or another. It is a false choice you are giving us because you won't remove your vote on me.

If this tie holds then I am leaning towards choosing MASB over pokepal because I trust pokepal a little bit more this game.  I could also choose to vote myself out and that may be fun if I happen to be the Risky Driver.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 09:50:51 AM »
This is bugging the hell out of me. I was totally expecting some sort of activity during the night with folks votes being changed. Though no change on a few different players votes. No added vote which make me think my vote is going to a townie or I voted for a mafia member and they are just letting them die. Question is which is it? 

I think I have to stay with my vote for MASB because there is only a hour and a half or so and I don't really see players changing their votes once again for someone else. Folks also haven't given me worthwhile suggestions which means they don't have a viable option for a vote to switch our votes to.  Hopefully things will be more clear during the next day.   

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »
I won't be around for the last hour. In terms of voting, I don't seem to have much choice given the circumstances. A tie seems to mean the end for me. Vote pokepal148. I don't know if his vote against me is firm or if he's just following BeautifulShy's lead at the moment.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
Vote tally
Pokepal-3
MASB-1
Mop it up-1
Stratos-1

I have no choice but to change my vote to Mop it up.  pokepal if you want to vote along side me that would be appreciated.

unVote Mop it up

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:36:00 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »
If pokepal turns up to be anything other then Mafia I am going to be pissed off. 
Nickmitch, Lucario and MASB this is on your head if he isn't Mafia.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2019, 10:54:37 AM »
How many votes have changed now? I can't keep track of all this! This is turning into a real race war.

Vote Mop it Up

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »
Vote tally

Mop it up-3
Pokepal-3
Stratos-1
BeautifulShy-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 11:02:28 AM »
Vote Pokepal148

Looks like I have no choice but to do this since the heat's on me for some reason.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:37:59 AM by Mop it up »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »
Day ends in 15 minutes.

Current vote tally:
Pokepal-4
Mop it up-3
BeautifulShy-1
MASB-1
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 11:41:28 AM by Steefosaurus »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 11:14:06 AM »
Race Leader poll

4 for BeautifulShy
3 for Khushrenada
1 for Nickmitch
1 for Backwards Flying Dragon aka thatguy
1 for Lucario

Vote tally
pokepal-4
Mop it up-3
BeautifulShy-1

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 11:20:40 AM »
Can we have some time to resolve this vote Steefousaurus?
Alexis, she/her/Miss