Author Topic: So... who's into Orta?  (Read 7074 times)

Offline Nik Jam

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« on: January 31, 2003, 04:15:24 PM »
(w00t, a first post that has a purpose!)

Got it yesterday. Still trying to beat Chapter 1.. hehe I suck  
Nik Jam - I don't know. You tell me.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 01:15:35 PM »
I've never been that great at this series, but it will atleast carry me over through February. Worst comes to worst, there is always Gamefaqs.

Offline ShanD

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 01:26:08 PM »
Orta is among the games that makes me really want an Xbox, but I don't have the cash to lay down for one.
hay guyzz wuts goin on in dis sig

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 11:19:59 AM »
*raises hand*

I love that game

One of the best on-rails shooters I've ever played. I never played the old ones though... wish I did... oh well... guess I'll just beat the game and play the original Panzer Dragoon for the time being.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 06:07:00 AM »
The storyline is great, the graphics are good. The only problem I found was the ease of the game, even in normal, and the ease of opening up the extras. It took only two day of playing for my brother and sister to open up the pandora's box 100%.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 01:37:18 PM »
I hate to ask for spoilers, but how does the story even work? didn't they kind of end the dragon saga in AZEL? It must be a prequel then, yes?

anyway, it looks great.. makes me wish I had the money to spend on an XBox. But if it's too easy then I can wait.. is there a hard mode like there was in the first game? Konami was good enough to put one in Harmony of Dissonance, we can only hope Smilebit would do the same.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 05:10:50 PM »
Accually no.

Spoilers

You see at the end of each game the dragon dies after the "eternal" part of itself leaves. Before it dies it always has a baby. And Orta is the daughter of the two main characters in Saga. So the time lines goes as follows.

Panzer Dragoon 2: (This covers the begining of the evil empire so its the first of the series and done as a prequel. Another telling sign is you first find the dragon in a space ship.)
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Orta

And it leaves an opening for a sequel.

End of Spoliers

Hopefully that clears it up for you.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline spartus

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 01:53:46 PM »

Originally posted by: Sir Kero
anyway, it looks great.. makes me wish I had the money to spend on an XBox. But if it's too easy then I can wait.. is there a hard mode like there was in the first game?

There's three different modes. "Easy", "Normal" & "Hard". Pretty cool. I have played and beaten all three. It's a good game.  

The only thing that I don't like about the game is you can only save one game at a time. Say your playing on "Hard" mode, on Chapter 9 and your friend (or someone) start's a game in "Easy" mode gets to Chapter 3 and saves it. Good-bye to your game.

Oh well. There's alot of sub/mini games to unlock. After 5 hours of play you unlock "Panzer Dragoon" from the Saturn. It's worth the $50.  
My systems: Jaguar/Jaguar CD, Saturn, 3DO, N64, Dreamcast, Genesis, NES, SNES, GameCube, PS2, Xbox.

Offline Ozzyfreak

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 08:15:47 PM »

I really enjoy Orta too. I'm still trying to beat it on normal.
 Just wondering, but does anyone know how to unlock the box game extra?
It's been illuding me for a while now.  

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 08:23:52 PM »
All I know is the more you beat, the more you get.  I am a Panzer fan big time.  I believe it redifines the "shooting" game in alot of way, and they are all good too.  And there is a sequel for questioners on that fact, at the end of the games it says that "While this legend has ended, a new one prepares to unfold.  Love the bad guy by the way, such a cool character design, that and i love the place Orta follows him to, i believe it is the most visually stunning game, not for its realism, but just the whole fantastic world they present to us.  I almost cried at how cool the "Floating Island Creature" was.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Scizor666

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 12:02:29 PM »
I rented it a few weeks back ... beautiful graphics, the best being Episode 2 imo.

Anyway ... I thought that the game was way too short and I didn't feel that shelling out my $50 was worth it ... great rental though, but the ending wasn't as good or nearly as long as I thought that it would be. Hard as hell game btw, especially in the later levels.  

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 05:54:27 PM »
Thanks Paladin, but actually that still leaves some big questions..

beware of spoilers, any of you who may actually play Panzer Dragoon Saga

Azel saga was intended to end the Panzer Dragoon series and begin a new storyline. I haven't played through the game myself, but I've been lead to believe the eternal part (or soul if you will) of the dragons had attained its goal, and left for good. Doesn't that mean the new dragon has no soul (not the same one at least)?

my bro just pointed out another problem..
Main characters in Azel Saga:
#1:  Male human.  Sucked out of normal time-space.
#2:  "Female" ROBOT!!!  Shown in epilogue some months after the end of the game, clearly not pregnant.
As if you're going to hunt down a used saturn and (possibly) the most coveted SS game world over. pshh

so uh.. I must have missed something, because.. I'm still confused!

thanks anyway ^_^;

So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2003, 01:07:39 PM »
Agh, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Rent it, its short, easy and.... its.... gagh, you dont fly it flys for you and you shoot! And since it locks on theres virtually no talent needed, i cant believe I wasted money onb this!
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline David G

• View Profile
So... who's into Orta?
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2003, 10:52:27 AM »
I rented it and it was pretty easy.  Might be worth buying to some, but definately a gotta rent game.