Author Topic: So basically the mods only do their jobs when people make fun of them?  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Nice one, Uncleboob. You're my favorite mod on the forums. <3

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: So basically the mods only do their jobs when people make fun of them?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »
Hey. At least out of all the people I contacted, he was willing to say something. I respect that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »
Nice one, Uncleboob. You're my favorite mod on the forums. <3

I think your moderation history reflects otherwise.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
Nah, what about you talking about Uncleboob? I love it when you giving me a warning for calling someone a moron.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:04:40 PM »
Careful man. Doing my anarchy thread where I posted the opposite of rules, there were two that I left alone and just made an editorial on. This was one of them:

* You may not pointlessly criticise the website and its staff. Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged, but if you're just going to post "NWR sucks" in a thread and leave, don't bother.

Of course, there is also this rule which I guess I'm breaking:

*Last but not least, do not accuse another user of breaking the rules within a thread. Instead simply make use of the "Report to Moderator" feature of the forums.

But I'm no snitch.

Admittedly, I was feeling a bit frustrated as I had tried to do things via the proper legal channels and was just getting nothing. I asked politely in private messages. I made a thread for it in the proper forum. And was getting nothing for 3 days since I sent out my first private message. It is like when you are waiting for service at a counter and the staff member behind it is doing something and is clearly aware you are that but doesn't acknowledge you or say anything to you. They ignore do thier own thing for like 10 minutes. That's just a frustrating feeling. So, when BlacknMild2k1 made the post about going wild, I had a burst of inspiration of how to channel that frustration and maybe finally get some kind of a reaction.

Thus, I framed my protest in the idea that there were no mods and with them gone, there would be no one to enforce the rules. With no rules enforced, people could do the opposite and so I made the opposite rule post. Personally, I think when reading through it, you realize how beneficial a lot of the rules are. I didn't want the post to be overly harsh or critical but rather still comedic although maybe a bit more pointed than normal. Looking on it again this morning, I think I came close but there are a couple instances where I think my frustration came out stronger. But this "change" to the rule of posting NSFW images still cracks me up:

Try to use images that would be really cool to show others at school, work, and to impress your grandma. Find out if she really has seen it all.

Then again, maybe my sense of humor is a bit warped. Really, maybe the worst thing about that post is it worked and the staff started to tell me something even if it was a non-comittal answer. Even if someone had posted a sorry, really busy right now to talk about it and it will have to be dealt with later, I'd have been fine with that since at least I wasn't left wondering what was going on. That's a retail 101 of always acknowledge the customer. It's because it will go a long way in keeping them calm and patient.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »
Careful man. Doing my anarchy thread where I posted the opposite of rules, there were two that I left alone and just made an editorial on. This was one of them:

* You may not pointlessly criticise the website and its staff. Constructive criticism is welcomed and encouraged, but if you're just going to post "NWR sucks" in a thread and leave, don't bother.

Of course, there is also this rule which I guess I'm breaking:

*Last but not least, do not accuse another user of breaking the rules within a thread. Instead simply make use of the "Report to Moderator" feature of the forums.

But I'm no snitch.

Admittedly, I was feeling a bit frustrated as I had tried to do things via the proper legal channels and was just getting nothing. I asked politely in private messages. I made a thread for it in the proper forum. And was getting nothing for 3 days since I sent out my first private message. It is like when you are waiting for service at a counter and the staff member behind it is doing something and is clearly aware you are that but doesn't acknowledge you or say anything to you. They ignore do thier own thing for like 10 minutes. That's just a frustrating feeling. So, when BlacknMild2k1 made the post about going wild, I had a burst of inspiration of how to channel that frustration and maybe finally get some kind of a reaction.

Thus, I framed my protest in the idea that there were no mods and with them gone, there would be no one to enforce the rules. With no rules enforced, people could do the opposite and so I made the opposite rule post. Personally, I think when reading through it, you realize how beneficial a lot of the rules are. I didn't want the post to be overly harsh or critical but rather still comedic although maybe a bit more pointed than normal. Looking on it again this morning, I think I came close but there are a couple instances where I think my frustration came out stronger. But this "change" to the rule of posting NSFW images still cracks me up:

Try to use images that would be really cool to show others at school, work, and to impress your grandma. Find out if she really has seen it all.

Then again, maybe my sense of humor is a bit warped. Really, maybe the worst thing about that post is it worked and the staff started to tell me something even if it was a non-comittal answer. Even if someone had posted a sorry, really busy right now to talk about it and it will have to be dealt with later, I'd have been fine with that since at least I wasn't left wondering what was going on. That's a retail 101 of always acknowledge the customer. It's because it will go a long way in keeping them calm and patient.
If you'd have made it clear it was a parody that thread would have been awesome

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:40 AM »
How was it not clear it was parody.  It was on the parody subforum...and was hilarious. 

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 12:08:51 AM »
Apparently it wasn't and unclebob was worried that a non stickied thread in a subforum called the never ending engine of stupidity promoting racist avatars and no account security would be seen as confusing to new users.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:24 AM »
Heh. Well, I think any thread or post where someone asserts that these are the rules or allowed practices on the forum will automatically shut down. I guess I could have edited the first line to not say rules of the NWR forums or put rules in brackets but I don't think either of that would have changed it due to the fact that I was still saying this was stuff allowed even if obviously in jest and I gave it a title that wouldn't make it seem like a real declaration of rules like, say, S-U-P-E-R. Really when you look at the rules, there are a lot of things that are sort of up to the judgement of moderators which I don't really mind. It allows some leeway and on matters depending on people handle themselves. Of course, sometimes that may lead to different verdicts but no system of justice is perfect.

Plus he didn't have to lock it. He could have just deleted the post outright. So, maybe he saw some humor with it as well. Since you've stated it was funny, even if he didn't, at least he let the joke stay available for viewing. There's always positives.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 01:08:52 AM »
Your MOM'S a positive.

I dunno...just because I can.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 01:11:02 AM »
I am cry.