Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 932653 times)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I'd change my avatar to reflect the magic brewing at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario, but I don't feel like dealing with ShyGuy giving me **** over it again. Therefore, I'll just say GO TRIBE!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Congrats, you're up 4-1 in game 7.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Looks like someone new has come to join the fire in that talkback thread :D

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Sorry adrock, I think I won the YouTube video response thing in that thread.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
No, you didn't. I planned a longer response here about how your video was too long and how it doesn't work because it's an actual scene rather than something that acts as a reaction to the article, but really, this is what I want to say to you:

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I glanced at the birthday list and saw that today was Bill Aurion's birthday. There are a lot of people who have left these forums for whom I would say "good riddance," but we've also lost some people who have really been missed.

At the same time, it's striking how many people are still here after all these years. I started coming here regularly in the summer of 2007, seven goddamned years ago, and there are still a good number of regulars here who were here long before that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
I glanced at the birthday list and saw that today was Bill Aurion's birthday. There are a lot of people who have left these forums for whom I would say "good riddance," but we've also lost some people who have really been missed.

At the same time, it's striking how many people are still here after all these years. I started coming here regularly in the summer of 2007, seven goddamned years ago, and there are still a good number of regulars here who were here long before that.
So how long before us relative youngins can sit in our rocking chairs on the porch and reminisce about the "better days" of foruming?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Bow to my seniority!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I just skimmed through Bill's Game Over thread and came across these two gems.
I aspire to one day be a good enough poster that people would care if I left.
Maybe one day, insano. Maybe one day...
I used to root for Ian Sane too. But then he said that Mario's voice detracts from Mario games. And now he is dead to me.

It's been over five years since that that thread started and while I admittedly haven't always thought this way, what I've learned is when I notice a thread on the verge of clusterfuckery, it's infinitely easier to decide, "Nope," and either click the back button or post a reply to the thread ignoring the instigator and hope everyone ignores them too thus potentially saving the thread.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
It's been over five years since that that thread started and while I admittedly haven't always thought this way, what I've learned is when I notice a thread on the verge of clusterfuckery, it's infinitely easier to decide, "Nope," and either click the back button or post a reply to the thread ignoring the instigator and hope everyone ignores them too thus potentially saving the thread.

I do the former more than I should...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I think I'll credit myself with saving the Mario Kart 8 review thread and turning it into something worthwhile. Not so fun fact. If you look at my first post in that thread on page 2, you'll see that was my intention all along when I asked people to list their favorite Mario Karts. Khushrenada: Forum Thread Control Master. One of these days, one of these self appointed nicknames of mine will stick. You'll see. It's all part of my long-term forum strategy.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
except it was I who turned that thread around. The derail is a classic staple of the NWR forums.

I don't think I read any post in that thread though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
This is why I don't even go to the main page anymore, and haven't for years.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I do wonder what will happen eventually. Will we grow old together while posting about the glory days of Nintendo? What will happen if someone dies? Will we hold a digital memorial service? Name a board in the user's name? Will NWR cease to exist some day and the users go create a fan board that is a ghost of this boards former glory?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I put in my will that on the day I die, my closest loved one is to come onto this forum and report my death to the other members, just so you don't all think 30+ years from now that I've suddenly forgot about all of you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Instead of the "Battle of the Cowl" we will have the "Battle of the Funhouse" to determine who should get the Funhouse named after them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Adrock, I have no idea what thread that's from or remember making that post, but knowing me, I was being facetious. I also don't know if that being called a "gem" is praise or ridicule...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
You know - the think I'd like to point out from the Mario Kart thread that some folks elsewhere seem to miss...

So many active members of this forum (pre-review, of course) went into that thread and defended this site against the accusations of lying about the review to try and create "clickbate".  They spoke against the idea that this site somehow "owed" Nintendo a higher score to either inflate the Metacritic score or to help Nintendo sell systems.

Members of this site who have butted heads over some of the most trivial and stupid things - all stood up and said "these folks coming in here are full of crap."

The outcry over that thread can be summed up in one post and the complete lack of a reply from that post...

Why is it a bad review? Start by answering that question.

Somehow, the fact that so many different members of this forum were able to come forward and tell these folks "Hey... you're being unreasonable" has been interpreted as "Yeah, that NWR place is full of staffers who just attack everyone." (mind you, the staff was being pretty darn friendly, considering what some of the folks coming here were accusing them of.  It was a a few forum members who went a little overboard (including one that had some posts deleted and was reprimanded for what he posted).

Oh well, those more "mature" folks can just stick to their corner of the internet where they're really friendly and positive by spending the majority of their posts bitching about how everyone else on the internet is wrong/stupid/pathetic...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
You're the man now, dawg.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Every time I see the whole "NWR junior ranger" tag on unclebob I think of that ranger guy from those old yogi bear cartoons.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central

I lurked for the longest time before getting an account. I don't know why I waited so long.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Members of this site who have butted heads over some of the most trivial and stupid things - all stood up and said "these folks coming in here are full of crap."
Yeah, it was a pretty interesting sight to see. Though I think the reviews could have been a bit more informative, I don't have any issue with the criticisms raised in them, and the things people were saying about them in comments were embarrassing.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Every time I see the whole "NWR junior ranger" tag on unclebob I think of that ranger guy from those old yogi bear cartoons.
Bob=yogi=pinic baskets=food=fat!!
Your're calling bob fat!
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
You're calling Yogi Bear fat!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Maybe... ::)
Made you look ****.