Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 925672 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Perhaps I used the word "angry" to liberally.  Snide?  Pissy?  Passive Aggressive?  Take your pick.

The person who failed to do what they were supposed to do, is you.
Curious, what would you have had me do?  With regards to both Brandogg's post and your own post?  Step by step, in detail.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
If you two would kindly find a room to settle this whole thing that would be much appreciated,

If I remember correctly, it wasn't an angry jab...
That's what he said.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Perhaps I used the word "angry" to liberally.  Snide?  Pissy?  Passive Aggressive?  Take your pick.

The person who failed to do what they were supposed to do, is you.
Curious, what would you have had me do?  With regards to both Brandogg's post and your own post?  Step by step, in detail.

I already answered this, man. Do what you did already with Brandogg, and that you should have done the same with mine.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
You didn't really say what you thought I should do with Brandogg - but you did say I should have deleted your post and given you an official warning.

Are you saying that the two posts should have been handled the same - deletion and official warning?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
You both should take it to PM, and feel free to keep it private too. No need for transparency on this one.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Wow, I can't believe this is necessary, but I'm sorry Oblivion. I think it's pretty obvious that I was joking (especially with the "be caterkiller" part), but my bad. I suppose you were thrown off by my stellar track record of thoughtful and serious posts, so, thank you?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
You both should take it to PM, and feel free to keep it private too. No need for transparency on this one.

You can't win for losing.  Either people scream for transparency or tell you keep it private. :D

To respond to your PM, Oblivion, I have to say I disagree.  On one hand, I have a poster with a spotless moderation record who made a post that virtually everyone but you knew was a friendly joke.  On the other hand, I have a poster with a history of moderations and multiple bannings who posted an angry outburst that he flat out admits he knows was wrong.  Those two things aren't equal in any fashion.

Then, to add fuel to the fire, the individual who reported your post did exactly what they were supposed to - reported it and moved on.  You not only reported the post, but chose to engage the poster - something which is clearly stated as a no-no in the rules.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:29:52 AM by UncleBob »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Then, alright. You're the mod, it's your decision. You asked for my opinion. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Next time, don't moderate his post if you think what he did wasn't wrong.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
People need to post links to the other threads being talked about for those of us who are not in the know.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
For historical context, Oblivion had (has) a thread about having a date, where someone suggest "be yourself" to which I replied "Have you met oblivion? Being himself is the worst thing he could ever do. Be caterkiller." Some of us got the joke, some of us thought it was serious.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Then, alright. You're the mod, it's your decision. You asked for my opinion. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Next time, don't moderate his post if you think what he did wasn't wrong.

The world isn't black and white - there are shades of grey in between.  It's up to us to determine where on the scale stuff lies.  The decisions aren't about "right" or "wrong" - it's about trying to take the best action based off the available information one has at the time.  In this case, that involved dealing with someone who I think means well, but has trouble playing with others and doesn't deal well with others when they don't agree with him and do what he wants - which is all a part of determining the best course of action to take.  I could have banned you - and some folks think I should have - but that negates the entire "means well" part of things.  In spite of your occasional outburst, you do add something to the forum and as long as we can keep those outbursts under control, things can go pretty smoothly.

In Brandogg's case, his comment was so minor and slight, it really wasn't even worth deleting - and had it been anyone else, it probably would have never come up.  But, again, we get to this part where we handle you with kid gloves to keep you from being a disruption.  Maybe we shouldn't. You, yourself, stated you're unable to act your age... so, do you want us to treat you like an adult going forward?

In Lucario's case, he was activity in the process of causing harm via SPAM.  It's a pretty cut-and-dry situation and, instead of even trying to politely ask for details, a few folks flew off the handle with rumors and accusations regarding why he was banned.

All in the day in the life of...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Lucarioboy was spamming members? I thought that was what his thread was for? Or was this more insidious spam?

For the record, I think you've done a fine job moderating, UncleBob.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
do you want us to treat you like an adult going forward?

Yes, for god's sake, yes. Anything to move on with this conversation. Treat me like everyone else.

But sorry, I don't regret reporting that post. It's text. Not speech. Don't call me a child if I didn't "get the joke".

Lucarioboy was spamming members? I thought that was what his thread was for? Or was this more insidious spam?

He was apparently spamming Unclebob's inbox with spam, so he was tempbanned for three days.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

I know he sent multiple repeat messages to my inbox, minutes apart (which, indirectly, also sent e-mails, which alerted my phone...) regarding a topic that I had *already* stated I had nothing to do with.  He threatened to do it to another member of the forum, but I don't know if he carried through with that threat.

Regardless, I did lift his ban early.  Hopefully, I don't regret it.  I have a feeling I will.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Is Unclebob going philosophical on us?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
John Locke, Tom Payne, Socrates, UncleBob.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I was about to say that i was starting to like u bob... then i read the last comments :P:
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

So we ADMIT opinions can be wrong?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

So we ADMIT opinions can be wrong?

They always are unless they are the same as mine.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Is oblivion just bitching at unclebob for the sake of bitching at unclebob? I'm confused...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Is oblivion just bitching at unclebob for the sake of bitching at unclebob? I'm confused...

Are you new 'round here? :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Are you kidding me? Yes, I'm fucking bitching at him answering HIS questions. I never wanted to go down this road in the first place. Holy ****, you wonder why I always get angry and defensive so easily? Look right at Pokepal's post.

Hell, I even did what BnM suggested and moved it to a PM with both Brandogg and Unclebob, yet he continued it on here. Yet, once again, I'm the "child" and the one who keeps "bitching".

This is just high school all over again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:22:07 AM by Oblivion »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I'm never checking this thread again.... is it possible to put a thread on the ignore list?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Hell, I even did what BnM suggested and moved it to a PM with both Brandogg and Unclebob, yet he continued it on here. Yet, once again, I'm the "child" and the one who keeps "bitching".

This is just high school all over again.
That's kind of what this thread is supposed to be for, I appreciate you taking it to the PM box but that doesn't mean we can't make fun of what has already been posted.

Hey unclebob, I'm curious if you were to remove that old 'unclebob/oblivion lovefest' thing from my megathread and put all of you and oblivion's arguments in there I'm curious as to how long that thread would get.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
This thread is for passive aggressive shots at other users, not regular aggressive ones.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent