Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 930943 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
If you make me laugh, that's a +1
if not, that's a paddlin'

I like those odds. Unfortunately, liking those odds is also a paddlin'. And what was I thinking paddlin' the school canoe? :(
That's a +1 AND a paddlin'
And stop starin' at muh sandals
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
People have complained about the lack of editig ability in TalkBack, but because of what we saw it's not really an option to let you modify your posts. Therefore, I'm proposing that users in TalkBack will be allowed to edit all posts except their own.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
I have to admit, when Ty's account posted the new Famicast I just about lost it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I recall when he did 33 he was somehow able to do it without having a post appear on his profile somehow but it seems to have been fixed.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Well, so much for mod transparency I mean wtf happened.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
There was never any promise or agreement of more transparency in moderation.  It was discussed, but no verdict or decision was made.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
More transparency is always better. There shouldn't even be a discussion.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Really?

Because you're the one who threw a fit when I was transparent with your personal message.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
lucariofan was just banned for seemingly no reason whatsoever
Quote from: Crimm on RFN
THERE IS SOMETHING TO EXPLAIN!!!
Edit: ok it was explained,

Speaking of which Johnny seems to have descended from the heavens to sit with us sinners, I wonder why?

- Did he suffer an embarrassing loss in the last MTG tournament?
- Did the old drum circle get disbanded?
- Did he not get a ticket to Bonaroo?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Wrong, I was upset because you, against my permission, actually posted the messages. Saying what the messages were was sufficient for transparency. Its not like you're going to lie.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Wrong, I was upset because you, against my permission, actually posted the messages. Saying what the messages were was sufficient for transparency. Its not like you're going to lie.
I actually looked at the rules and they mentioned nothing against the disclosure of PM's, if you wish to be taken seriously you should probably go to the feedback forum and bitch there.

That said according to the rules, by posting on NWR
Quote from: the rules, long version
You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your messages, and that you will indemnify and hold harmless Nintendo World Report, FuseTalk (the forum software manufacturer) and their agents and employees with respect to any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your message(s).

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Just because it's a rule doesn't mean it's a good one.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Just because it's a rule doesn't mean it's a good one.
Don't look at me the only law I live by is Tucker's Law

that said there are better places to complain if you want him to even pretend to take you seriously on this whole thing.

But are you seriously still mad about a pm that was posted 6 months ago while said pm is 3 years old, dude move on.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Oh, so you're okay so long as I don't post a personal message then...?

Because there was something that occurred recently that I really, really thought about bringing to the attention of the forum in an effort to be transparent and to let them judge, but was afraid it would hurt your feelings.  If you're okay with it, since there are no personal messages involved, then I'll go ahead and do it.  I think it'd be interesting for folks to see some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
I like video games!
Gouge away.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I like video games!
Oh yeah? Well I have some PMs here I can use to prove that you don't like video games. :smug:

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
*looks down at the ground and kicks the dirt culpably
Gouge away.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
What did the dirt do to you?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
You'll have to really dig deep to uncover the truth.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile

Oh, so you're okay so long as I don't post a personal message then...?

Because there was something that occurred recently that I really, really thought about bringing to the attention of the forum in an effort to be transparent and to let them judge, but was afraid it would hurt your feelings.  If you're okay with it, since there are no personal messages involved, then I'll go ahead and do it.  I think it'd be interesting for folks to see some of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

If you want to do it, then do it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
With your permission, of course.

Before I start, let me remind everyone of my oft-stated personal policy regarding moderation.  Outside of spam and posts that blatantly violate the rules, I don't typically moderate posts unless they're reported.

With that said - someone made a post.  I initially presumed to to be 100% in jest, but can see how it might be taken the wrong way...

Have you met oblivion? Being himself is the worst thing he could ever do. Be caterkiller.

This post was then reported to the moderation team...
Reported by Oblivion on April 13, 2014, 12:34:24 PM. They left the following message:
"* Don't be a jerk!"

Because I could see how this might be considered a rude comment, I deleted the reply as you wished.

Then, about a week later, I get a report from another forum member on this post made by you...
Use imgur you fucking scrub.

I really, really wanted to give you a pointed moderation for this - simply because you *just* complained about people being a jerk to you - but I didn't.  I'm sure you would have complained and it wasn't worth the drama.

But, since we're back in drama-mode anyway (because someone thought it'd be fun to spam personal message boxes - which would get someone a perma-ban on a lot of forums), I might as well bring it all out in the open.

This is the kind of **** I deal with.  There have been two other posters who would constantly do this as well - report anyone who said anything slightly negative about them, but then say the rudest things about everyone else on this forum... then, throw a fit whenever they'd get called out for doing it.

Do I expect you to be nothing but sunshine and roses to everyone on this forum?  Not at all.  Hell, there are forum members who have said worse than the stuff you say... some directly to me.  Some in the last 24 hours.  But here's the deal - if you're going to spew nastiness and hatred, you simply cannot complain about it when someone reflects it right back at you.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Funny, have I ever thrown a fit for me getting moderated for something like that? I'm pretty sure it happened two days ago on the Tomodachi thread and I didn't throw a fit. You should have deleted the post and given me the infraction. If I throw a fit, then reprimand me. Simple as that.

I did not throw a fit with Brandogg. I did what I was suppose to do: report it. If I do the same thing, then that person needs to report it. Which they did. The person who failed to do what they were supposed to do, is you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Funny, have I ever thrown a fit for me getting moderated for something like that?
I'd answer this, but you have barred me from posting your personal messages on the forum.

I did not throw a fit with Brandogg. I did what I was suppose to do: report it.
Actually, you did, in my opinion both throw a fit and fail to do what you're supposed to do.

You wrote an angry little jab back at Brandogg for his comment, then reported the post.  The rules state (and this is common on most forums) that if someone is breaking the rules, don't reply, don't quote, don't engage - simply report the post.  You had to both get your jab in *and* report his post.

The person who failed to do what they were supposed to do, is you.
Curious, what would you have had me do?  With regards to both Brandogg's post and your own post?  Step by step, in detail.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
If I remember correctly, it wasn't an angry jab. I asked him not to do it.