Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 930831 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1125 on: December 30, 2013, 09:10:17 AM »
If I can't act my age, at least you all can do so.

Can you clarify this statement?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1126 on: December 30, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »
Ha ha ha, now I see why TJ Spyke would get so mad. You all basically goaded him into acting like he did. If you all had left him alone after he was banned, nothing else would have happened. I was planning on coming back after my banning and just letting all that old stuff die.

But nope, the NWR mentality never fails and someone decided to goad me into an argument over something that has no relevance. Which, if I remember correctly, is the reason I got banned: I was goaded by something I had previously done, I got extremely angry, and said some things that I shouldn't have said.

This is exactly the same thing you guys did to TJ for a long time, and I'm sure it's going to end the same way for me. So I ask that you cut that **** out and drop it. If I can't act my age, at least you all can do so.
Yet again, you can dish out the obnoxiousness but can't take any in return. If you're going to make a snide remark you'd better be sure you've got the details right or you're just opening yourself up for retaliation.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 30, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
LADIES PLEASE.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 30, 2013, 10:34:40 AM »
Granted some of his questions have created some decent discussion but my point still stands.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:47 PM »
Granted some of his questions have created some decent discussion but my point still stands.

And what exactly did he ask to bring this back up?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
Ha ha ha, now I see why TJ Spyke would get so mad. You all basically goaded him into acting like he did. If you all had left him alone after he was banned, nothing else would have happened. I was planning on coming back after my banning and just letting all that old stuff die.

But nope, the NWR mentality never fails and someone decided to goad me into an argument over something that has no relevance. Which, if I remember correctly, is the reason I got banned: I was goaded by something I had previously done, I got extremely angry, and said some things that I shouldn't have said.

This is exactly the same thing you guys did to TJ for a long time, and I'm sure it's going to end the same way for me. So I ask that you cut that **** out and drop it. If I can't act my age, at least you all can do so.

For the most part, I'm with you. However, if you are going to comment about someone in a negative manner, even sarcastically, be prepared for them to respond back in defense of themselves.

Awhile ago, maybe I was tired or just unusually annoyed more than normal about Azeke posting about how great W101 was because someone didn't give it the same respect he gives it in their post and it just irked me because it seemed to be happening a lot lately. There is a lot of repetitive behaviour and discussion on this forum. Anyways, I just posted that I thought he was overdoing it and to please tone it down or stop. I tried to keep it civil and polite as there was nothing wrong he was doing in posting about it and frankly, maybe I was the only one to feel that way so I wasn't about to act like I spoke for everyone. It was just to convey how I was viewing things. Plus, he's been one of them more recent and prolific posters and I'm not interested in getting into a feud with other posters that care about this site.

After I posted it, I got 4 smites added to my score which I thought might happen since it was one of the more, shall we say, argumentative posts I'd made in awhile. You can smite my score but you can not smite my spirit or change my opinion! Of course, azeke did respond since my post was addressed to him. He basically said that the game was too good to not talk about and he wasn't going to stop and that I hated fun. Now, I could have responded back to that last part but why? Where would such a discussion go anyways? It's not like it was a major forum issue. I brought forth my opinion and said my piece on the matter. He said his piece and gave his response which is his right to do so. I saw no need to go further than that and left the matter alone.

You can ask people to cut it out but, in all honesty, it is a natural feeling to respond back to someone if they criticize you. You call it goading which it may be at times but if you say something negative about a person, that person will then want to reply back with something more negative about you in order to make them look better and you worse. It happens everywhere in life. My secret is that I let them. If someone wants to accuse me of some negative traits and behavior, they can go ahead. I do it because if they are right, then I can't really argue the point and if they are wrong, I believe I will show this to be the case by behaving as I always behave and the unwavering belief that my actions will speak louder than my words.

Thus, my tip and the point of this post is this. If you are going to criticize someone, no matter how right you may be, expect them to respond back. If they do respond back, remember that they are only doing so because you pointed something out about them so it is only fair they have a chance at rebuttal. After the rebuttal, it is probably best to say nothing at all unless there is something that really, really needs clarification. Finally, if others join in the conversation in defense of the other poster, then you could consider it as your rebuttal to that person and respond to those comments if you wish. However, I would consider it evidence that my opinion does not have majority support and therefore there is no point in continuing further discussion or trying to defend it. That was TJ's problem mainly. He'd offer his thoughts. If others disagreed or really proved it wrong, he'd still continue on arguing and defending it. If he just let it drop having made his say once on the matter, then he most likely wouldn't have gotten so many people's ire.

Still, I applaud your desire to let the past remain the past and move forward. Best of luck.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 31, 2013, 07:12:16 AM »
Thus, my tip and the point of this post is this. If you are going to criticize someone, no matter how right you may be, expect them to respond back.

Ding, ding!  We have a winnar! :D

And for my previous post in this thread (just in case someone thinks I'm trying to stir the pot), I'm just wondering if Oblivion can't act his age because "we", the evil forum overlords, won't allow it or if he really cannot act his age.  The comment he made wasn't clear on that front.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 31, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
I was admitting that, at least on this forum, I cannot act my age. But at the very least, you don't need to drop to my level.

Of course, you're just going to rebuttal that with some clever comeback or quote.

Thanks for the words of consideration, Khush.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 31, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »
Okay.  That's what I was wondering.  You cannot act your age, but you expect everyone else to act their age.  Seems reasonable enough.

I'm curious, Oblivion.  Why is it that you feel you "can't" (your word) act your age on "this forum"?  I know you consider yourself to be a "Jerk" ... and, presumably that "loveable jerk" that we should all just sigh and move on when you're being jerkish...  but we don't know you outside of these forums (well, most of us don't.  I suppose there might be someone on here that does...).  Why not just... try being nice to folks?  Or, at least, try not being flat out rude. Your first day back, you make a snide, unprovoked attack on another member for no other reason than you disagreed with his opinion on two games.  He was thoughtful enough of this forum to spend the time writing up a few paragraphs under the belief that the rest of the forum might have some interest in his opinion.  He detailed things he didn't like about the games (instead of just a "this game sucked because it sucked.") and shared this with us.

Then, for virtually no reason, nine days later, you blasted him with a snide remark against him personally for no reason - other than you disagreed with his opinion, which you didn't even bother to expand upon that (like "You don't like games that X?  I LOVE games that X!")

Out of respect for your request to let the past stay where it is, I won't dig up pre-ban examples, but this is a common trait I see from you.  Then, when folks respond back in a similar manner, you overreact and turn it up to 11.  Then, you wonder why everyone just avoids your sandbox.

I'll tell you the same thing I've told others (maybe even you?) before.  It's not that we don't want you here.  If we didn't, there's an easy fix.  It actually takes more effort to create a temp ban than a perma-ban.  We do want you here.  We just tire of the snippy comment-snippy reply-long, overblown everyone suck and 'the man' is out to get me drama cycle that comes up every so often.  But we do want you here.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Your first day back, you make a snide, unprovoked attack on another member for no other reason than you disagreed with his opinion on two games.  He was thoughtful enough of this forum to spend the time writing up a few paragraphs under the belief that the rest of the forum might have some interest in his opinion.  He detailed things he didn't like about the games (instead of just a "this game sucked because it sucked.") and shared this with us.

Then, for virtually no reason, nine days later, you blasted him with a snide remark against him personally for no reason - other than you disagreed with his opinion, which you didn't even bother to expand upon that (like "You don't like games that X?  I LOVE games that X!")

Can you do some quoting here? This sounds like you're talking about the same event to me, even though you said it was nine days later. I'm just confused.

Nah, I don't want you to view me as a lovable jerk and I certainly don't view myself as that. In fact, when I call myself a jerk, I am doing it only in context of this forum. In almost any other place away from keyboard and on the internet, I don't act like this. Don't ask me why, I can't provide an answer.

We just tire of the snippy comment-snippy reply-long, overblown everyone suck and 'the man' is out to get me drama cycle that comes up every so often.  But we do want you here.

If that is directed towards what I said about TJ in response earlier, I completely disagree about what you view that as. I honestly believe that you all should have left him alone and things would not have ended the same way. I am not saying the man is out to get me. I'm saying the people that goaded TJ into being who he was is partly to blame. Everyone does not suck. Actually, most of the people on these forums are cool people, with different background providing different viewpoints. I won't pretend there aren't a few people I don't like, but that's life.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Can you do some quoting here? This sounds like you're talking about the same event to me, even though you said it was nine days later. I'm just confused.

Sorry - I was talking about the same event, I just phrased it all poorly.  The first line was a synopsis.  The rest was what happened (from my POV).  The "nine days later" was in reference to the fact that it was nine days after MagicCow posted his reviews, you made your reply.

Nah, I don't want you to view me as a lovable jerk and I certainly don't view myself as that. In fact, when I call myself a jerk, I am doing it only in context of this forum. In almost any other place away from keyboard and on the internet, I don't act like this. Don't ask me why, I can't provide an answer.

Ah.  I just remembered seeing your FaceBook ID listed in your profile.

Maybe you should try a less angry avatar? :D

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile

Sorry - I was talking about the same event, I just phrased it all poorly.  The first line was a synopsis.  The rest was what happened (from my POV).  The "nine days later" was in reference to the fact that it was nine days after MagicCow posted his reviews, you made your reply.

That's because I was banned and needed to catch up.

Maybe you should try a less angry avatar? :D

Man, you are having me on the floor right now. You don't know what that profile picture is, do you?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Angry Kirby?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
Oh! I thought you were talking about my Facebook profile picture.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
No, no... I didn't actually go to your Facebook page - just saw the name listed. ;)

I'm not a creepy stalker.  Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
a creepy stalker

Did someone ask for me?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
But seriously, I can be outside your window in 10 minutes if you need me.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
My window or UncleBob's window? :P

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Both if I'm not mistaken....

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Both if I'm not mistaken....

Correct. But for an extra fee, I can also be waiting for you in your bedroom.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Your pic says no but your eyes say yes, yes, YES! I can see you smiling at the idea from the hidden webcams I installed in your house. I've also booked a doctors appointment for you this Tuesday at 10 AM. I noticed a mark on your back and think you should get it looked at by a doctor. I want to make sure you are good and healthy because I care about you and everyone else on these forums.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I've finally figured it out. Khush works for the NSA. He's paid to be on this site and he gets a bonus for the number of posts he makes. Either that or he is trying to get into the NSA and is trying to prove his worth to them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:43 PM »
So who wants to make bets on how long oblivion's thread will last before the mods decide to seal it up for good, 8-)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39:59 AM »
It's getting easier and easier to avoid this site.
black fairy tales are better at sports