Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 930566 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
Someone once came up to me in person at an E3 in like, the early 2000s and told me I was a legend or something. Now look at me, I'm just a two-bit fraud

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2012, 11:26:40 AM »
God, I think I registered my first account in 2003 (I'm pretty sure I lurked before then) and then made this account in June 2004. Almost 8 years?! That's actually pretty depressing thinking about it haha.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2012, 09:49:38 PM »
I have been on for about three years.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »
Someone that's not me should make a shmup megathread. I've caught shmup fever again and would post in it a lot. Are there any shmup wizards on the forum?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2012, 05:58:37 AM »
I'm not very good at megathreads. I tend to make them and then be the only one who posts in them, like Maxi's My Little Pony thread except with soccer instead of ponies.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
maybe you should post about video games on a video games forum~

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »
We do have a General Chat section for all the things that aren't video games, that generally boils down to movies, tv shows and mobile phone OS showdowns. It's not my fault if the people here aren't cultured enough to appreciate anything beyond that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2012, 09:44:05 AM »
>cultured
>televised sports

nope

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »
If it was about soccer AND My Little Ponies there would be two of you in the megathread.

This does make me rather want to merge the two and see what comedy is built from the new timeline.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
Da. Da. Da. Da, another thread bites the dust.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
why did that nazi communist liberal republican lock that thread? gay allah save us

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
Trying to think if you missed any in there...maybe terrorist.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2012, 11:37:20 AM »
UncleBob is a cancer on these forums. Do we really want mods who will listen to complaints and address them?

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »
Clearly we need a person who's sense of Justice is the comedy option.

SUPER is missing our reptilian alien underground overlords.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
UncleBob is a cancer on these forums. Do we really want mods who will listen to complaints and address them?

I lol'd.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
Though I know I should be wary
Still I venture someplace scary
Ghostly haunting, I turn loose
Mod abuse
... mod abuse...
...MOD ABUSE!!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2012, 04:12:41 AM »
Why is that awful Stop Bitching thread like 30 pages now? What is it even about anymore?

edit: either someone pruned it down to 13 or I was hallucinating
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:21:05 AM by S-U-P-E-R »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »
You were hallucinating.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2012, 08:35:55 AM »
UncleBob's grandpa whittled a 13 page thread out of a larger, 30 page thread.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Now it's down to 6 pages, LOL.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
What was that about?
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2012, 01:15:06 AM »
What was that about?

That topic should have been funhoused.

there was some engrish thread...which mod deleted it?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2012, 01:43:31 AM »
Yeah, one of the purposes of the funhouse when I created it was to kidnap awful threads and turn funhouzers loose on them. Please, current mods, don't be shy about doing this. :faust:

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »
oh yeah, i noticed this thread shortly after making my "what was that about thread", havent been in the funhouse much do to ridiculous work schedule. However....

I copied and pasted the text of that post, into a notepad so i could actually read it before deciding to quote it and font size it up

Video movement photo games addiction is severe utilization of pc and movement photo video games that interferes with daily life. Instances abercrombie shop are actually reported by which consumers hold out compulsively, isolating on their own from family people and buddies or from other types of interpersonal contact, and concentrate almost totally on in-game triumphs instead of other existence events, and exhibit deficiency of imagination and mood swings. There is no formal diagnosis of movement photo online game addiction in present health care or psychological literature. Inclusion of it like a psychological problem have been proposed and rejected for the up coming edition from the Diagnostic and Statistical guide of psychological problems (DSM).

Video online game addiction is not bundled like a diagnosis in possibly the DSM or even the intercontinental Statistical Classification of illnesses and associated wellbeing Problems.
 However, some scholars propose the outcomes (or symptoms) of movement photo online game overuse may possibly be comparable to people people of other proposed psychological addictions. movement photo online game overuse may possibly be like compulsive gambling, an impulse look after disorder.

According to Griffiths "all addictions (whether substance or behavioural) are essentially about steady presents and reinforcement". Griffiths believed that addiction has 6 components: salience, mood modification, tolerance, withdrawal, conflict, and relapse. Some scholars propose that psycho-social dependence, if it occurs, may possibly revolve near to the intermittent reinforcements inside the online game furthermore to the should belong. Some scholars declare the fact that interpersonal dependence that may possibly arise from movement photo video games happens over the net in which gamers interact with other people furthermore to the associations "often take place to be extra astonishingly important for gamers than real-life relationships".possessing mentioned that that is not really a look at that is often accepted among the all scholars. In fact, among the one of the most normally utilized instruments for the measurement of the sort of addiction, the PVP Questionnaire (Problem movement photo online game actively playing Questionnaire; Tejeiro & Bersabe, 2002 was introduced like a quantitative measure, not like a diagnostic tool.
 In 2007, the American Psychiatric Association reviewed no issue whether or not movement photo online game addiction ought getting additional inside the brand new DSM getting released in 2012. The realization was that there is not adequate review or proof to conclude that movement photo online game addiction was a disorder.
 Public concern and formal study

One meta-analytic evaluation  of pathological gaming analyses concluded that about 3% of gamers may possibly come upon some indicators and symptoms of pathological gaming. The report noted troubles inside the area with defining and measuring pathological gaming and concluded that pathological gaming behaviors have been extra possible the product or help of underlying psychological wellbeing troubles instead of the inverse.
 A report with the Council On Science And neighborhood wellbeing for the AMA cited a 2005 enjoyment computer software Association survey of pc online game gamers and noted that gamers of MMORPGs have been extra possible to hold out for extra than two several hours every day time than other gamers. In its report, the Council utilized this two-hour-per-day restrict to define "gaming overuse", citing the American Academy of Pediatrics guideline of no extra than one to two several hours every day time of "screen time".  However, the ESA document cited inside the Council report does not include the two-hour-per-day data.
 In a 2005 Tom's movement photo games interview, Dr. Maressa Orzack approximated that 40% from the gamers of world of Warcraft (an MMORPG) have been addicted, but she do not show a supply for the estimate. She may possibly have derived the estimation away from your informal questionnaire managed by Nick Yee in the Daedalus Project, who notes that caution ought getting exercised when interpreting that data. Other critics have satirized the believed of MMORPG addiction, illustrating the fact that genre has built-in mechanisms for burning-out players, that is contrary for the idea of addiction.
 A 2006 lecture reported with the BBC indicated that 12% of polled over the net gamers reported in the lowest some addictive behaviours. The lecturer, Professor Mark Griffiths of Nottingham Trent University, stated in an extra BBC job interview that addicts are "few and much between."
 In 2007, Michael Cai, director of broadband and gaming for Parks Associates (a media/technology review and evaluation company), mentioned that "Video online game addiction is normally a especially serious situation in Asian nations which consist of China and Korea." last results of the 2006 questionnaire recommended that 2.4% of South Koreans aged 9 to 39 endure from online game addiction, with an extra 10.2% at danger of addiction.
 A 2007 Harris Interactive over the net poll of 1,187 United States youths aged 8–18 gathered thorough information on youth opinions about movement photo online game play. About 81% of youths stated which they carried out movement photo video games in the lowest the instant every month. Further, the common hold out time varied by age and sex, from eight several hours every month (responses from teen girls) to 14 several hours every month (responses by teen boys). "Tweens" (8–12-year-olds) fell inside the middle, with boys averaging 13 several hours every month of reported online game hold out and girls averaging 10. Harris concluded that 8.5% "can be classified as pathological or clinically 'addicted' to actively playing movement photo games", but do not clarify how this realization was reached.
 Since the American Psychological Association choice in 2007, analyses are actually carried out at Stanford college university of remedies associated to movement photo online game play. Researchers found proof that movement photo video games do have addictive characteristics. An MRI review found the fact that element from the mind that generates gratifying feelings is extra activated in grownup males than girls through movement photo online game play.
 The 2009 OSDUHS psychological wellbeing and Well-Being Report, with the center for Addiction and psychological wellbeing (CAMH) in Toronto, Ontario, showed almost 10% of 9,000 surveyed college students from Grades 7 to twelve get in the lowest 7 several hours every day time of "screen time". merely a tiny much more than 10% also reported possessing movement photo gaming troubles inside the earlier year. A latest write-up Pediatrics (journal) found a mild association in between seeing tv set or actively playing a movement photo online game and recognition problems in extra than 1,300 youthful children ages eight to 11 many years old. youthful children who carried out movement photo video games or watched tv set for extra compared to common two several hours every day time maximum, that is recommended with the American Academy of Pediatrics have been 1.5 - two instances extra possible to show indicators of recognition issues, the researchers found. However, the review was even more criticized in eLetters for the exact diary for failing to produce utilization of well-validated actions of recognition troubles or look after for other astonishingly important variables. A extra latest review producing utilization of the child tendencies Checklist and controlling for family people and psychological wellbeing variables, found no website link in between movement photo online game use and recognition problems. Also, a review in Pediatrics found problematic gaming behaviors getting much much less common, about 4%, and concluded that this sort of troubles have been the complete result of underlying psychological wellbeing troubles instead of something different to gaming.

again WTF is this Engrish?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2012, 02:40:22 AM »
Looks like bot pasted gibberish

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
I do impound most of the spambots here. The best is still the Hebrew one selling bulldozers.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report