Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Soul Calibur 2 Controls

<< < (3/3)

aoi tsuki:
There's a 100% chance that they'll let you configure the buttons to whatever configuration you like. Practically every fighter since Street Fighter II on SNES has done this.

And yes, if you want total control of your game, get an arcade stick. Getting the X-arcade is tempting for me, but i've got an arcade-quality Saturn stick that's been with me for a while, and i can't justify a $100 stick just for one game, even if it is Soul Calibur II.

Hemmorrhoid:
Actually arcade sticks arent always the best for everyone. I prefer moving my arms/hand less while playing, a controller is just enough. Like some others, if the GCN standard pad doesnt work for me, which I doubt, ill get the Hori Snes GCN pad.

aoi tsuki:
What i meant was that if you intend to play a fighter using the original buttons (and not combos like Punch + Kick), an arcade stick is the way to go. There's some button combinations that are almost impossible to pull of reliably.  This is true on basically every control pad because your right thumb is doing the same job that your entire right hand would be if you had a stick. Peforming a move that requires you to hit B and X is practically impossible without hitting A.

dalmation10k:
With SC on the DC I just rested the controller on my knee, and used 3 fingers to press the buttons rather than my thumb.
I'll do the same with the GC controller. No problem.

Mike C:

Originally posted by: Hemmorrhoid
Actually arcade sticks arent always the best for everyone. I prefer moving my arms/hand less while playing, a controller is just enough. Like some others, if the GCN standard pad doesnt work for me, which I doubt, ill get the Hori Snes GCN pad.
--- End quote ---

Totally agree, I much prefer the normal pad to arcade sticks.  Soul Caliber 2 better have customoisable controls tho

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version