Author Topic: Fatal Frame 4 Receiving First Localization As Mask Of The Lunar Eclipse In Early 2023  (Read 834 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Only fifteen years after the fact.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61517/fatal-frame-4-receiving-first-localization-as-mask-of-the-lunar-eclipse-in-early-2023

Western players are about to experience a lost Wii horror title.

The fifth Fatal Frame game, which was released as a Japanese Wii exclusive in 2008, will be localized for the first time as Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse in early 2023. Koei Tecmo will be the publisher for the release as it is multiplatform, even though Nintendo did have some ownership of the property at the time of its release.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Lets hope they finally fixed the bugs in it.  One of the reasons Fatal Frame 4 was never localized is because the game had lots of nasty bugs that apparently Tecmo Koei refuse to fix.  Now even if they did, Reggie and NOA at the time would have still refused to bring it over, but NOE would have taken it since they did localize the remake of Fatal Frame 2 that came out several years later.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
This was my favorite announcement of the direct. Really looking forward to this. Hopefully there is a retail version.