Community Forums > Movies & TV

SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)

<< < (118/124) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
well, final episode comes out tonight at midnight, so may be a good time to binge watch, and then watch a breakdown to explain all the things you didn't catch or understand.

First 2 episodes were cool, then the last few kinda lost me.
Actress that plays Kamala is perfectly fine, but the show itself, and what is happening in it, have just lost me, once they tried to explain the origin of the power.

I'm really hoping the final episode brings it all together and ends on a good note, and then we can just catch up with her again in The Marvels, whenever that comes out.

and if they do a Season 2.... just stick a little more closely to the day to day teenage life of Kamala (Highschool, Conventions/hobbies, home life) and her neighborhood heroisms.

BlackNMild2k1:
Ms Marvel ended on a high note. which is good, because I was worried it wasn't gonna stick the landing after that rocky middle.

Episodes 1,2, and 6 were all decently good, and pretty fun.

Kamala is officially a MUTANT and her bangle is apparently a Nega Band, which is "confirmed" by the fact that she swapped places with Captain Marvel, who appeared suddenly in her bedroom.

Show would've been so much better had they just ditched most of clandestine and Noor dimension stuff, and just focused on Kamala being a teen in highschool, with popularity and boy problems, dealing with her powers, in her NJ/Muslim community, and then having to cope with the M word. They could've woven all the India history and other stuff into the story still, but the episodes focusing on it were dull and confusing.

nickmitch:
I watched Thor recently. This one finally got me back in theatres. It was good! Could be my favorite of the Thor movies. I'll keep spoilers light since I'm not sure if anyone other than BnM has seen it.

Overall, it's pretty consistently funny. I really liked the characterization of Thor they're running with. Also, Jane's new abilities with Molijnir were really cool. I'm glad they didn't just go with having the hammer be fixed, and the explanation for how she can wield it was really good.

The ending wasn't what I expected. I thought Jane's Mighty Thor would be the Thor going forward. (I haven't caught up with their actor contract news, I just assumed we were moving on from the original cast.)

I really liked the setup for the next Thor. When the trailers showed that other gods existed, I was hoping they'd introduce a character that they eventually got around to showing in the mid-credits scene.

BlackNMild2k1:
Natalie Portman said she was down to come back again and play Jane/Mighty Thor, but I guess she would have to be cameoing from Valhalla.

And Janes use of Mjolnir I thought was one of the best parts. Where Thor might circle the hammer around the room to hit enemies along the way, Mighty Thor was using all the pieces to take out multiple enemies all at once. And then when she also used it to snare all the Necro Sword pieces and then basically nullified them with a dose of Lightning while being held between the pieces of a reformed Mjolnir was a another good Mighty Thor moment.

Also I heard there was more scenes with the Gods, a bunch of extra footage of Gorr killing Gods, and more Mighty Thor scenes as well, but Marvel just mandated that the movie be no more than 2hrs long. Maybe they'll release an extended cut on home release, as long as none of the extras break canon.

nickmitch:
The shotgun blasts with sort of a yo-yo-ing effect were so cool to see on screen. It helped make Jane's Thore feel like her own iteration of the character and not just a copypasta. And having that tie into the ending was a good moment.

I wonder if they can bring her back from Valhalla or possibly pull in a variant from the multiverse. There's precedent for resurrection in the comics, and we know their souls are somewhere.

I'd be down to see an extended cut of the movie. I felt the film had an "about right" runtime. There was quite a bit of plot, and I didn't feel like anything took too much time. I would've liked to spend more time in the god city, though. As an aside, I really had to pee by the end of it, so any more scenes might've hurt the experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version