Community Forums > Movies & TV

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)

<< < (2/936) > >>

Plugabugz:
I'm really hoping that at one point we get a totally original property in the cinematic universe.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Plugabugz on November 08, 2013, 03:11:16 AM ---I'm really hoping that at one point we get a totally original property in the cinematic universe.

--- End quote ---

You mean a character that wasn't previously in the comics?

Wouldn't Agents of SHIELD technically fit that bill?

Plugabugz:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on November 08, 2013, 03:42:22 AM ---Wouldn't Agents of SHIELD technically fit that bill?

--- End quote ---

Technically, but what we're getting is a bunch of one-shot enemies and characters. I want one to go from AOS, into the netflix series (maybe?), and evolve into a phase 3 movie of its own.

shingi_70:

--- Quote from: Plugabugz on November 08, 2013, 09:32:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on November 08, 2013, 03:42:22 AM ---Wouldn't Agents of SHIELD technically fit that bill?

--- End quote ---

Technically, but what we're getting is a bunch of one-shot enemies and characters. I want one to go from AOS, into the netflix series (maybe?), and evolve into a phase 3 movie of its own.

--- End quote ---

The closet thing your going to get to that is the One shots dude. You may get a mini series with new charcaters based around frontline as a replacment for the daily planet though.

I mean if I see an Orginal IP get on the screen before Cap Marvel i'm going to punch someone in the face.

In other new ABC is already working on another Marvel series which probably's going to be the Agent Carter series that was tossed around. I'm down for weekly Peggy Carter but something in the past would be better off being a netflix series.

Also the Netflix deal charcaters were never going to get their own films doing to lack of popularity.

So I haven't seen Thor yet but read the spoilers. When is oay to take about the film?

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Plugabugz on November 08, 2013, 09:32:40 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think there is too much Marvel lore to really make something new up for a major role when they have dozens of other characters that fans will recognize that will also fit in perfectly with a few small alterations to motive, association and origins.

I'm just hoping that the new Netflix series are able to take a page from AoS, but insert it in the book from Arrow and put it on a shelf for a mature audience. The new shows need to tell their story, keep the filler to a minimum, add small moments of humor, but ultimately have a goal they are trying to reach at a pace that keeps things interesting.

One thing Arrow did that helped it alot was add the history of how we got to this point in the flashback mode inbetween bits of where we are now. Telling the bits of the past while they are relevant to the events of the future really helped the show keep things moving by not focusing on the past for too long and only selecting out the most interesting parts of the origin story for bite size consumption.

Now who do we think is up for casting of the lead roles?
Who do you think would be a good Daredevil? Luke Cage? Iron Fist? Jessica Jones?

--- Quote from: shingi_70 on November 08, 2013, 11:06:55 AM ---In other new ABC is already working on another Marvel series which probably's going to be the Agent Carter series that was tossed around. I'm down for weekly Peggy Carter but something in the past would be better off being a netflix series.
--- End quote ---
Agent Carter is already up in the OP, they said they were working on it, and the lead pretty much confirmed it without actually saying yes we are developing it right now.

--- Quote ---So I haven't seen Thor yet but read the spoilers. When is oay to take about the film?

--- End quote ---

As long as you spoiler you spoilers, go ahead and post about it. I plan on watching it this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version