Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Bonus Dicscs out already?!

<< < (2/2)

Ian Sane:
I went to my local EB today to inquire about when they were getting their bonus discs in.  Here's a paraphrased transcript of my conversation with one of the clerks.

Ian: "Hi I preordered Zelda for Gamecube a few weeks back and I've read reports of online retailers already shipping the bonus disc.  Do you have any idea when you guys are getting the discs in?"
Clerk: "Um, I think the bonus disc comes in March and the game comes in Aug... I mean April."
I then proceed to give him a look as if he had just took a sh!t on a crucifix.
Clerk: *noticable nervous*  "I, uh, might have the months mixed up.  Let me look it up."  *Looks stuff up*  "Uh, yeah, the bonus disc comes in LATE February [I give him a look] , maybe more like mid February, and the game comes in March.  We'll call you when it comes in."
Ian: "Thank you"

So basically the guy didn't know anything and after wasting five minutes of my time looking stuff up gave me the same "We don't know but we pretend we do" answer that I got when I preordered the game.  Why couldn't he have said "as far as I know we haven't heard anything from Nintendo about getting the bonus disc in early."  That takes two seconds and although the news is disappointing I at least don't leave the store thinking "what a dumbass".  And if you don't know the date a game comes out (and with a major title like Zelda you SHOULD know) look it up right away instead of pretending you know.

Stewpot:
I just received my bonus disk today!  Like other people, I was expecting to receive it on Wednesday.  I did not realize that there would be previews for other games, although on second thought, it makes sense for Nintendo to do that.  I have had trouble ordering games from EBgames before; this time, they came through.  OoT is one of my favorite games of all time and I am excited to play it once more.

Bloodworth:
Plenty of places to talk about this already.  You can continue this conversation in Talkback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version