Author Topic: Max and the Magic Marker Coming to DS  (Read 1063 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Max and the Magic Marker Coming to DS
« on: August 16, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

Touch screen-enhanced port of WiiWare title to launch this holiday.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27471

Puzzle-platformer Max and the Magic Marker will be coming to the DS later this year from Easy Interactive.

The game, which was released on WiiWare in March of 2010, has you playing as a young boy named Max who discovers a marker with magical powers. This marker, now controlled with the DS stylus, is used to draw items on-screen to help the player traverse the 15 levels in the game.

The game is scheduled to release this holiday season.

Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Max and the Magic Marker Coming to DS
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
Was this a good game on Wiiware, and will it be good on DS?  Because I tried it on IOS when it was 99cents, and I found it was horrible.  Granted, I only played it for 10 minutes, which (ugh...) to be honest, was typical when I actually still bought IOS apps.

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Podings

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:13 AM »
It's good on Wii. Though as most will know, the IR of the Wii Remote isn't at its very best when used for drawing. It works, though, and it's quite a challenge. It will frequently have you feel pretty darn smart for solving problems in new ways.

I think the game could be even more fun on DS with stylus control. Plus, they can go from a 40MB limit to 400MB or more, so maybe there will be some surprises in there, to go along with a supposedly higher retail price.
I'm the love child of an NES and a C64.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »
I think the stylus makes a better input for this game. I tired out the demo on the Wii but didn't care too much but with the Stylus I might like it more.