Author Topic: Possible Details About Zelda Wii U Emerge?  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Details About Zelda Wii U Emerge?
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2016, 10:34:07 AM »
or a female Mario, ect,ect.

You cleary don't go out on Halloween night...
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »
As each year passes, I become less and less a fan of Nintendo. I honestly feel Nintendo is closer to becoming a third party developer than what any of us realize, even Nintendo, themselves. If it is true that one can play as a female Link, I will not buy the game, and I may just completely quit playing on Nintendo consoles.  No one wants a male Samus, or a female Mario, ect,ect.

All Nintendo does anymore is alienate its fans, make stupid gimmicky aspects to their consoles, that no one wants. Nintendo has no clue, period.

Why does the option to play a character as a different gender make you feel alienated?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline jayar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »
If people are interested in gender options, it's great that they get it, but I'm personally more interested in a Link character that is totally androgynous. I kind of thought it was heading in that direction. In most games the character is a child who's gender is not only unimportant, but difficult to distinguish, and in the games where the character is older, he's somewhat effeminate. I was kind of hoping in this game they'd take that a step further and just never imply a gender one way or the other. Still, a gender option is a step in the right direction for helping more gamers feel included, and not just female ones.

I think the real controversy we're missing here is the voice acting. Honestly, if it wasn't for text in video games, I may not have learned how to read. I think voice acting is losing something in the same way an audiobook isn't quite as stimulating for brain growth as an actual novel. I admired Nintendo for holding out on that, but perhaps this is progress. I'll just have to keep playing my Super Nintendo if I want to read a video game.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2016, 06:29:19 PM »
I don't mind if Link is female or male or if that makes it Prince Zelda instead of Princess. I'm more interested in the adventure and the puzzles. That's the game after all. And while Link's a nicely designed character, he has no personality other than his "HYAA" "HUH" and "WHAAA". I'm interested to hear the female version of those grunts.

And for those who care about gender, you realize Link is an elf right? For all you know Link is already a female and it's completely rational to think that Saria is a dude.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline John Kreese

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
And for those who care about gender, you realize Link is an elf right? For all you know Link is already a female and it's completely rational to think that Saria is a dude.
I can't figure out why everyone assumes that the characters in the Zelda universe are bound by the real world's standard gender structure. I can't use magic potions. I don't randomly find giant green crystals when I mow the grass. When I get sick or injured, I don't get better by picking up red heart-shaped blobs., I've never seen a game at the county fair where you get prizes for throwing powerful explosives into jars. So why do we assume that Hylians have normal genitals, or have genitals at all?

The fact that some dudes can't deal with the possibility of an optional female protagonist in a game that heavily features a species of characters that eats fucking rocks just goes to show what a bunch of sheltered, juvenile shitheels some gamers are. Here's a tip: if this story really gets your goat, you need to go the **** outside and talk to actual people about actual things. Now.
This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.