Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

F-Zero

<< < (33/34) > >>

ThePerm:

--- Quote from: ThePerm on February 01, 2003, 06:41:06 PM ---I cant wait to play F-zero...the rip roaring speed...the music...i wanna play this in an arcade...as if i were in the cockpit of Captain Falco's car.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I agree younger self. We really need a new F-Zero on the Switch or the next Switch.

pokepal148:

--- Quote from: Termin8Anakin on July 28, 2003, 03:39:34 AM ---Quote: IanSane
-----------------------------------------------------------
Focused on SINGLE PLAYER?! WHAT?! This is a RACING game. Multiplayer is argueably the most important thing. I've got to say I'm pretty damn disappointed that not only is there no LAN but that the reason for it is absolutely ridiculous.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not actually that disappointed by it
*runs*

*shouts from safe distance*

I don't have anyone to race against in F-Zero X. I brought F-Zero X over to a friend's 18th last year, and they fell of Mute City 1 at the jump, and I was like -___________-
If F-Zero GX is 10 times faster with more detailed graphics, I'm on my own, cause no one will verse me.
The only people I can only really play with are Mario and Infernal, but I don't really see them every week......

*runs back, hoping it's safe*

--- End quote ---
Well now we don't have any F-Zero games. I hope you're happy.

King of Twitch:

--- Quote from: ThePerm on February 10, 2022, 11:18:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: ThePerm on February 01, 2003, 06:41:06 PM ---I cant wait to play F-zero...the rip roaring speed...the music...i wanna play this in an arcade...as if i were in the cockpit of Captain Falco's car.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I agree younger self. We really need a new F-Zero on the Switch or the next Switch.

--- End quote ---

:'(

Khushrenada:
Whenever I see the MK8 sales numbers, it makes me so angry. That should be F-Zero with those sales numbers. MK8 stole from F-Zero and has been profiting off that theft ever since. MK8 stole F-Zero’s anti-gravity racing. It stole the Mute City and Big Blue locations and music. Heck, it even stole Captain Falcon’s F-Zero machine, the Blue Falcon. Bloody Mario driving around with it on Mute City acting like it’s all part of the Mushroom Kingdom and always has been. Does Captain Falcon at least get to race in MK8 with all this IP theft going on? Nope! The door’s slammed shut on at least just him, out of all the potential F-Zero racers, to get some kind of inclusion in the game. Meanwhile, some Inklings who don’t have any race tracks at all in the game are included as racers. The level of disrespect to F-Zero is nigh unforgivable. Really hoping the good Captain can find some way to hack into the MK8 scene and Falcon Punch all these crooks to show them what anti-gravity racing is all about.

Mop it up:
I've never cared for F-Zero, but one thing I did like was the X-Cup in F-Zero X. While it never generated tracks better than the designed ones, it was still good for a laugh not knowing exactly what to expect, especially if it created a sharp turn after a jump that caused all the CPUs to careen off the track. I'd be curious to see how this mode could be improved with modern hardware; with the ever-growing trend of procedural generation these days, I guess this game was a bit ahead of its time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version