Author Topic: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Game Over.  (Read 17568 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 4.
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2021, 03:02:24 PM »
Oh, I understand. I've got the same issue! But it's worth it when done correctly and safely like you mention.

So, maybe you've got a few peanuts left in the bottom of a bag or a few walnuts left in a tin or there's just a favorite nut you like and have plenty of, well, take 'em and put 'em in a dry pan on medium to low heat to warm them up a bit and toast. They'll add another wonderful element and texture to the salad you're making. Just keep your eye on them!

Luigi Dude! What phrase will Jamie throw in now?

Just clank it up any old way
You know that makes sense
And just whack it up the jacksy
Not trying to be chef-y here
Oh ho ho ho! Yes! That’s what I’m talkin’ about!
They'll be eating it and saying, "Oh! What is that??"
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »
Not trying to be chef-y here so everything looks good to me.  I'll just be sitting in the corner trying to finish more Switch games by the end of deadline December since it doesn't look like there's any problems we need to worry about with this salad.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2021, 01:33:29 PM »
Is Overcooked! the official game series for chefs everywhere? I'm more of a Feed Mii, man myself. The idea that muh specially prepared meals enable warriors to defeat tha monstas in the bayous is most gratifying!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2021, 01:41:41 PM »
I've always been more of a Mario Party 4 - Order Up! chef, myself.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2021, 01:45:23 PM »
Thanks Luigi Dude. That sounds like a safe idea. And it's true. We're not trying to be fancy here.

I know some of you may be thinking, oh, do I really need to bother with warming up the nuts? But trust me. It makes a big difference in flavor. Try it. I promise you that you're going to love it. We can also make this a warm salad too. We could add some meat to it. Maybe you've got a bit of steak left, or a bit of a chicken breast. It could ham. Well, you can take some of that, chop it up and warm it up in the pan and then add that!

What do you think, AJBungle? You're a big fan on meat:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2021, 01:47:16 PM »
I've always been more of a Mario Party 4 - Order Up! chef, myself.

I think Super Mario Party: Sizzling Steaks is overtaking that now!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2021, 02:21:30 PM »
I love salads because of how easy they are to make and how creative we can be with them. Check out my interview with Matt Bennett of Raw Intuition to see how to make the perfect 5-star salad https://youtu.be/E1razNdKvS4. In the video you will see the importance of raw foods in our diet. Processed and cooked foods are tasty, but they often loose the essential nutrients and enzymes that we need to be healthy and you know that makes sense.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
(Someone keeps trying to hijack my show.... )

That looks super tasty alright. (And super safe) Happy days.

I guess I could have mentioned adding something like bacon as well when discussing adding meats but moving on. Maybe you've got a bit of bread lying around. A couple slices of rye bread or the end of a baguette. Perhaps a bit of sourdough. Take that bread and chop it into cubes. Then put it on a pan and into the oven at 180 celsius or 350 farenheit to let it toast up and make your own croutons for the salad.

TOPHATANT123, what line should Jamie throw in now?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »
Now we have the croutons we better Just clank it up any old way.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2021, 07:59:13 PM »
That's right. They don't have to be perfectly shaped. In fact, even if you just tear the bread into bite size chunks that would work too. What good advice.

Now let's talk dressing the salad. One of the easiest dressings you can make is taking some olive oil and vinegar which can be red or white and mixing them together. These ingredients are like best mates when it comes to salads.

Perhaps Order.RSS has something he'd like to say and weigh in on with:

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2021, 06:30:03 AM »
Still feeling festive about this salad. Oh ho ho ho! Yes! That’s what I’m talkin’ about!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »
In fact, Order.RSS was so excited about salad, he jumped in so that he could start tossing it except he was just a bit too overeager.

Bits of salad went everywhere causing a huge mess in the kitchen. "Sorry! I'll clean it up," Order.RSS assured everyone. Only with wet lettuce leaves everywhere, he ended up sliding all over the kitchen knocking things over.

This resulted in a bunch of water making contact with the electrical equipment filming the cooking which resulted in a big explosion. All sorts of kitchen equipment and utensils that Order.RSS had knocked over were then blasted into him resulting in significant injury.

And then later the ambulance that took him to the hospital also blew up to give us a good old explosion pic and completely confirm Order.RSS has been blasted out of the game.

This means that TOPHATANT123 will be selecting the next bomb word and that Order.RSS did not find a winning combination for himself when it came to the player rotation and phrase selection.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2021, 06:36:43 PM »
Dang my salad really got tossed there.  :(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 5.
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2021, 11:55:53 PM »
Round 5 has arrived.

Another great method for using up ingredients is a Rosti. Now, a lot of people aren't too familiar with this potato dish but let's change all that. First things first, whack your oven on to 180 degrees or 350 farenheit then get yourself some potatoes and carrots. It doesn't matter what kind of potatoes. Maris Piper, Yukon Gold, Red Jacket. Whatever you have on hand and three carrots. Again, they can be regular orange or purple or white. Don't be afraid to use the different colors of the rainbow for this.

Let's check in with our favorite number two man, Insanolord, to get his take on this dish:

All you lovely people at home
I’m always burning me nuts

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2021, 12:21:17 PM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2021, 04:14:39 PM »
That's absolutely right. This is a traybake so it's not about trying to be fancy here.

We're just going to take this veg and grate it up in the food processor or you could do it by hand with a box grater. Once our potatoes and carrots are grated you then want to pour it all out into a bowl and get a good big pinch of salt. Add it to the bowl and then with your hands just get in there and mix up that grated veg together giving it some good squeezes with your hand to help drain out some of the excess moisture.

What phrase should be thrown in now, Mop it up?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2021, 05:48:52 PM »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2021, 11:09:38 PM »
Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Mop it up is clearly a fan of a good rosti!

So, after about 5 minutes, take a large a bowl and put in a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of pepper. Then handful by handful, pick up some of the grated veg and give it a good hard squeeze to get rid of the salty liquid that the excess moisture will have created and then add it to the bowl. After all the veg has been added give it all a good toss so it gets coated with the oil and pepper. Then you want to put that veg into a large baking tray that's also been oiled up and then toss it all into the oven.

What do you think about this so far, BeautifulShy?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2021, 11:55:23 PM »
To be honest I never had Rosti.   Yes it seems similar to hash browns but from research it is different.

That being said I am not very fancy with my hash browns but since this is a bit more refined I would add some parsnip and chives with some sour cream.

https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/potato-parsnip-rosti

They'll be eating it and saying, "Oh! What is that??
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2021, 02:03:37 AM »
Absolutely. Instead of the same old, same old, you can make a rosti and get people excited at the table. I mean, you put this down in front of them and who wouldn't want to tuck in and try it. Happy days.

Now that veg rosti we've got in the oven. Think of that as your base. And on that base, you can put all manner of toppings. For instance, other vegetables. Now, what you might want to do is make a dressing for those vegetables. So, get some dijon mustard, some extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in a bowl. Get a lemon and cut it in half and then squeeze a half to add the juice to that bowl. I think I recall someone mentioning to squeeze the juice through your fingers to catch any pips. Then mix it together. Now we can use this dressing for other vegetables we may want to add like peas or spinach or broccoli. If you want to create a salad and use this dressing with it to then put on top you could do that. Whatever suits your fancy.

What do you have to say about that MASB?

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2022, 03:06:43 PM »
Whew-eee! Nothin' like New Year's Eve in the bayou! Mayhaps I partook a bit too much in the red wine drinkin'! Now that I'm all here again, I think the salad is shaping up fine. I'd add a side dish to use the salad dressing on, like Purple Peruvian fingerling potatoes! You can use Ruby Crescent if that's available as well. Jus' cut the bottom of the potatoes so they stand upright. Scoop out the good stuff and cook it with sausage, green unywawns and garlic. Add some creamy brie at the end and pipe it back into the potatoe shells! That's good eatin'!

I think you could even add another salad dressing. A nice hot red pepper sauce to contrast with the citrus Boss Khushrenada has created. Use both and taste the sensations! To make the hot red pepper sauce just use some hot pepper jelly, a roasted red pepper and just a pinch (or two!) of cayenne pepper. Put it in a blender and just clank it up any old way.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2022, 03:31:14 PM »
That's.. that's great, yeah. I think someone on crew may want to start locking up the wine as we seem to getting off topic on the rosti but thanks for sharing.

So, getting back to the rosti, another thing that we could add that you might not think of at first is eggs. So, get some water and warm it up to a simmer. Add a quick splash of vinegar and then crack in a few eggs to poach them. Once poached, get them out with a slotted spoon and set aside in a warm place. It's best to do this just before bringing the rosti out of the oven so that the eggs are sitting too long and cooling down.

Luigi Dude, what's your take on what we've been doing so far?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2022, 04:02:00 PM »
It's New Years Day and I'm coked out of my mind.  It's time to reveal my terrible secret.  I'm a disgusting pervert that has sex with food when it comes out the oven.  That's how I'm always burning me nuts.

You better call security right now because when that rosti is done, you're going to have a major problem on your hands.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2022, 10:29:35 PM »
Everyone's reaction to this confession:

Well, duly noted. Let's get Luigi Dude out of the kitchen for the rest of this segment. The rosti will be safe but the general public not so much.....

Anyways, now that we've got the rosti out of the oven, we can add our dressed vegetables and we can add our eggs. If you've got cheese, you could add that now. I like to take some feta and just crumble a bit over the top. Maybe you've got some other types on hand that you could use. Another thing that could be added is meat. Maybe you've got some ground beef or a bit of leftover goose maybe a calf liver. Get that warmed up or cooked to be added.

What meat suggestions do you have to complete the dish, AJBungle?  8) As Round 5 goes the distance, what phrase would you like to add to finish this recipe?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2022, 01:20:14 AM »
I am not picturing the Mario Bros the same LuigiDude.  Thanks really...
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.