Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (2/596) > >>

nickmitch:
I would've preferred if the NBA just said, "That's the third time he hit someone in the nuts; he's getting suspended".  That roundabout **** they pulled was entirely unneeded.

Curry played like an idiot to foul out.  You can call BS on 3 of the fouls, but why is he guarding that close with 5 fouls?  What are you doing, Steph??

But, at the end of the day, Warriors lost Game 7 at home.  They didn't deserve it.

Soren:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on August 06, 2016, 05:47:16 PM ---But, at the end of the day, Warriors lost Game 7 at home.  They didn't deserve it.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. For a team that has had so much misery it's nice to get to talk about them blowing something that's actually meaningful just a year removed from winning a championship.

I'm wary of saying the T'Wolves are going to be fun to watch because I said the same last year and well...

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on August 06, 2016, 05:47:16 PM ---I would've preferred if the NBA just said, "That's the third time he hit someone in the nuts; he's getting suspended".  That roundabout **** they pulled was entirely unneeded.

Curry played like an idiot to foul out.  You can call BS on 3 of the fouls, but why is he guarding that close with 5 fouls?  What are you doing, Steph??

But, at the end of the day, Warriors lost Game 7 at home.  They didn't deserve it.

--- End quote ---

Except he didn't hit anyone in the nuts the "3rd" time. Lebron wasn't aware of the swipe until he was showed the video after the game, and thats when the team started crying about it publicly to the press. That's when the NBA went behind the scenes and changed the calls to upgrade them. it was total BS.

Curry's foul out was equal parts BS and stupidity. but the BS was quite obvious, especially because of the Ref that was calling all of it.

But yes, Game 7 was called pretty fairly, and there was no excuse as to why they lost other than the Cavs just wanted it more (and that Barnes and Ezeli both sucked ass in the times they were needed the most).

I'm not mad at Lebron for exploting a possible moment to gain advantage, I'm more upset with the NBA for fixing meddling with the game in the first place, and then being so damn obvious with it.

Soren:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on August 06, 2016, 06:08:56 PM ---(and that Barnes and Ezeli both sucked ass in the times they were needed the most).

--- End quote ---

This cannot be emphasized more. Barnes wilted under the pressure to the point where he routinely passed up open jumpers and the ones he did take were painfully off the mark. Which betrays the fact that he had at least showed up on previous playoff series. This put more pressure on Iggy who was injured and Livingston who can really only give you 20 minutes at most on any given night.

Ezeli was more egregious. That Varejao played nearly as many minutes as he did during Game 7 shows how much Kerr had lost confidence in him.

BlackNMild2k1:
Ezeli missed the first 2 dunks in the game... he needed to be benched immediately.
That was the 4 pts they lost by right there. Barnes was just consistently bad since post All-Star break, and he shouldn't have been getting the playtime he was.

for Ezeli to have been put back in the game in the last minutes of the game, and setup to be exploited by LBJ was just bad coaching on Kerr's part.

Not that none of the blame fell on Curry, but, even with Curry's turn-overs, Ezeli and Barnes were just liabilities that cost them game 7. (period)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version