Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157254 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2925 on: November 29, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »
This is my new favorite meme. Should have posted it yesterday. https://i.imgur.com/F73Bw4I.gifv
Also, Infinity War trailer is movie of the year.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 29, 2017, 10:33:01 PM »
Movie will gross 1 Billion dollars domestically.

at least 1 X-men/F4 character will be teased (I have been right every other time I've predicted this so hush)

Namor tease

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »
What is Cap wearing on his forearms?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: November 30, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »
Movie will gross 1 Billion dollars domestically.

That would be amazing. incredibly optimistic, but I'm hopeful.
I really think that despite the fact that Star Wars is still around, the MCU is actually this generations Star Wars.

at least 1 X-men/F4 character will be teased (I have been right every other time I've predicted this so hush)

Stan Lee did say that Marvel negotiated for F4 ever since last year. Something about Marvel giving TV rights for X-Men to Fox according to several rumors, all to be made moot should Disney buy 20th Century Fox.

Namor tease

That I could see happening. No one is quite sure what is up with rights to Namor though... not sure if it's the same as Hulk or not.

What is Cap wearing on his forearms?

"Get this man a Shield"

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: November 30, 2017, 03:23:42 AM »
Dear Nintendo, Marvel has proven repeatedly that a MetroidCU can work.

Go to them and make it happen already.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: November 30, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »
I've been kind of burned out on Marvel/comic book hero movies in general.  There's been such a steady stream of them, and for a while so many of them seemed fairly samey and with the disappointment that Age of Ultron was, that I'd been out of the loop for a bit.  I have watched a few recently.

Civil War was OK, felt a little bit too much like an Avengers movie that focused even more on the divisions within the Avengers, rather than a Captain America Movie.  Dr. Strange was a pleasant surprise and probably one of my favorite Marvel movies now.  Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was fun, but not as fun or lighthearted as the first one, which was a little disappointing, if unsurprising. 

Haven't seen Ant Man or Spiderman:Homecoming yet, and they don't truly interest me that much, despite Spiderman being one of my favorite Marvel characters (and one of the best things about Civil War). 

I'll be keeping tabs on Avengers: Infinity War, but I may very well be waiting for it to come out for rental before watching it, much like i'll be doing for the new Star Wars movie.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: November 30, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »
Civil War was pretty bad. The central conflict was barely touched upon to the point we really didn't know what their positions and motivations were nor did we know enough about the treaty is figure out what was so critical/objectionable. Not only that it was left unresolved and me asking what just happened?

The airport battle was just weak. It felt like a boring fighting game set in a near empty space while the players button mashed. It didn't advance the story or made the differences any clearer. We are fighting because they want to watch us fight. At least there wasn't a death pillar of light, or one I remember.

Dr. Strange had a pretty bad first half since it was yet another Origin story as if we needed more of those. The second half finally gets down to business. There is a lot of "Why would you do that?" throughout the movie where the contrivances are far too visible. Good ending.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: November 30, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
(high definition version of the trailer)
https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/avengers-infinity-war-2018/

You know what, the best thing about this trailer for IW, is that having seen the SDCC trailer and the leaked scenes, this trailer really is just a teaser. We haven't seen **** yet. the next trailer is gonna break the HYPE meter.

I do wonder though how many of these scenes aren't actually in or depicted as they actually will be in the final movie.

p.s.
Civil War was good. (Winter Soldier was still better though). The Airport battle was also dope.
Spider-man: Homecoming is debateably the best Spider-man movie yet (and definitely the best since SM1&2)
could be the Peter Parker/Spider-man movie you have been waiting for since we've been getting SM movies.
Dr. Strange was cool, visually it was awesome, but the movie as a whole could have been better.
GotG2 was also pretty good. If you like the first, you'll like the 2nd.
Thor: Ragnarok - this is MCU's best movie this year easily... best comicbook movie this year even. Go watch it.

Black Panther is gonna be crazy (or so I hope. it's such an important movie for many reasons. it needs to be badass)
Infinity War is gonna set some sort of record for something box office related. The trailer may have already broken the 24hr views record by a large margin as well too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:16:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 30, 2017, 11:44:00 PM »
So, is there only one Infinity war movie? Or does it go Avengers 3 then Infinity War?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 01, 2017, 12:04:20 AM »
Avengers 3 is Infinity War

Avengers 4 is still untitled to avoid spoilers.

edit:
and Infinity War is now officially the record holder for trailer with most views in first 24hrs.
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/936322211346046978

and by a rather large margin too....

Rank Video name Views (millions)* Release date Ref(s)
1. Avengers: Infinity War – Official Trailer 230.0 November 29, 2017 [1]
2. It – Official Teaser Trailer 197.0 March 29, 2017 [2]
3. The Fate of the Furious – Official Trailer 139.0 December 11, 2016 [2]
4. Thor: Ragnarok – Official Teaser Trailer 136.0 April 10, 2017 [3]
5. Beauty and the Beast – Official Trailer 127.6 November 14, 2016 [4]
6. Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Trailer (Official) 120.1 October 9, 2017 [5]
7. Fifty Shades Darker – Trailer (Official) 114.0 September 13, 2016 [6]
8. Incredibles 2 – Official Teaser Trailer 113.0 November 19, 2017 [7]
9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Trailer (Official) 112.0 October 19, 2015 [8]
10. Captain America: Civil War – Trailer #2 (Official) 94.7 March 10, 2016 [9]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:49:13 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 05, 2017, 01:13:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP4nGcTqBkg

Avengers Infinity War Trailer animated EMH style ;)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2937 on: December 05, 2017, 05:53:08 AM »
I really hope they do something crazy and big for Avengers 3/4 like rewriting the universe from the infinity stones.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Disney buying FOX - X-Men and F4 could be coming home for the holidays!!
« Reply #2938 on: December 05, 2017, 12:44:24 PM »
well... they could, and they might be excited to do it too
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

Summary of the deal:
Fox to sell 21st Century Fox to Disney (for $60B?) the Movie and TV division and all IP assets.
This DOES NOT include FOX News, FOX Sports nor the Fox Network Channel
this does include FX/FXX, National Geographic Channel, an additional 30% of Hulu (for a total of 60% share) and whatever stake Fox has in Sky over in the UK.

p.s. this deal could be announced next week, but it may still not be finalized till sometime late into next year depending on the details. So don't expect any immediate changes to anything from either side.

How this relates to this thread:
Marvel getting full control of everything X-Men and Fantastic 4 would mean that they may want to find a way to reboot X-Men into the fold sometime in 2020 and beyond.
It's been rumored and stated by Stan Lee that Marvel has F4 back since earlier this year. People have been speculating that F4 would be a Phase4 film and it would be pretty easy to incorporate into the MCU as is.
But getting the X-Men in whole changes everything is Marvel wants to use them in the MCU asap (2020 or beyond).

-Personally I think Marvel should keep 21st Century "Fox" studios and keep X-men separate from the MCU. but they should also reboot X-men to fit into the Deadpool continuity after Phoenix gets released.
-Keep everything and everyone involved w/ Deadpool and X-Force (depending on how that all turns out).
-Review the status of that Doom movie, and see if they can salvage that Writer/Director to work it into the MCU (I'm sure that Feige already has a plan for Doom on hand, since it's been rumored that Marvel had worked some sort of deal for F4 already)
-See how New Mutants turns out and see if it fits in the DP continuity or not
-Scrap that Gambit movie, since the X-men will be getting rebooted into DP continuity

and then on a separate but related note:
- use some Fox assets to wriggle Spider-man in whole away from Sony (Alien, Predator, etc etc... The Simpsons if necessary)
- use Fox Assets to get Universal to release whatever rights they have to The Hulk and Namor (Alien, Predator, The Simpsons, etc etc) - Maybe giving NBC/Universal/Comcast the full rights to The Simpsons will also get them to release the rights to all Marvel IP East of the Mississippi line for amusement parks as well. (they can keep what they have for now, but in 10 years, once they've had time to plan and build and rebrand, they have to make the switch)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:52:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 05, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
As far as Hulk’s rights, I believe Universal merely has right-to-first-refusal in terms of distribution. Marvel can include Hulk in team ups like The Avengers or Thor: Ragnarok (since they aren’t “Hulk” movies) without stepping on any toes. It can even produce a new “solo” Hulk film; Universal just gets dibs on distributing. With how much money Marvel movies rake in, no way Universal turns that down. I doubt that has anything to do with why we haven’t seen a solo Hulk film in almost a decade. It seems more like Marvel just didn’t want to make it.

I can see Marvel “trading” IPs it’d receive from Fox for full rights to Spider-Man. Then, it can shut down Sony’s awful plans for a non-MCU Spider-verse.

No way Marvel wouldn’t reboot X-Men. It can probably get away with including Deadpool in the MCU and passing off the really minor connections to the X-Men movies as breaking the fourth wall. Semi-related: I really hope whomever is in charge keeps the title “Untitled Deadpool Sequel.” And if this deal goes through, there definitely needs to be a joke about how Cable sounds just like Thanos assuming there isn’t one already.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: December 05, 2017, 02:34:53 PM »
I agree in that I they keep the X-Men and MCU separate to a point.  But I would dearly love to see Hugh Jackman make an appearance as Wolverine.  He has said that he'd love to bring the character into the MCU, so although he's done with the character, I reckon he'd be willing to do it one more time if he gets the opportunity with Marvel.  If nothing else he could hand the mantle of Wolverine to whomever the cast in the role after making an epic entrance and some awesome scenes. And it would be the perfect opportunity to finally have him in a version of the yellow and blue.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Disney buying FOX - X-Men and F4 could be coming home for the holidays!!
« Reply #2941 on: December 05, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
I'm aware of the distribution deal for Hulk, but no one is exactly sure what the deal is with Namor.
Marvel ain't making a solo Hulk because they don't want to split profits with Universal for nothing when they can just team him up with someone else. Universal has nothing to lose at this point by not giving in.... so it's all Marvel can do. I can only assume it's the same issue with Namor, as Feige said no one can make the movie but them, but it's more complicated that that as there are several hands in the cookie jar. (paraphrased of course)

as far as getting X-Men into the MCU... I don't have a good story for it outside of maybe putting together a few different theories I've heard from elsewhere.
- Kree experimented on humans 100's of years ago, leaving a number of the population w/ the Inhuman DNA. Over time the Inhuman DNA has mutated in some humans, and they began showing abilities w/o ever going through terrigenesis
- experiments on more individuals using the infinity stone as shown on Scarlet and Quicksilver, but no results produced until the 2 mentioned above. But what wasn't known is that Scarlet and Quick both had that Inhuman mutated X-gene and that's why they unlocked abilities.
- Now that Thanos unleashed the power of the stones across the planet, this activated the mutated X-gene all across the world and mutants start appearing all over.
- Fury already had an off the record off the books secret black site set up for individuals showing these special abilities called the X-Mansion where they could monitor, study and train these individuals to control and use their abilities. Due to the extreme sensitivity of program and the unpredictable nature of some of the abilities being manifested, it was important that no one know about them, or attempt to involve them in any conflicts till deemed ready and absolutely necessary (especially since most of them have been there since and/or are children).

I don't know if any of that would work, or maybe they just run 2 separate universes run by 2 separeate studios (Marvel Studios for the MCU and 21st Century for the DP/X Universe), and in the future, some dimensional rift allows for fun crossovers in the future.

I personally prefer the 2 studio 2 universe approach.
3-4 MCU movies a year, and 1-2 X-verse movies a year, all at that Marvel Studios level of quality of course. Maybe bring back Joss to be the Feige of the X-Verse if he's up for it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: December 05, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
Ok, So does that mean Predator could be a bounty hunter in a Star Wars movie?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: December 05, 2017, 04:32:19 PM »
Yes... and Aliens too.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: December 05, 2017, 04:52:12 PM »
So... Young Thanos movie?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
Who knew Disney would end up owning everything...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2946 on: December 05, 2017, 10:02:08 PM »
Who knew Disney would end up owning everything...

It kinda makes sense.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: December 06, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
and whatever stake Fox has in Sky over in the UK.

Fox owns about 40% of Sky (and had recently tried to buy up the remainder, twice).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »
and whatever stake Fox has in Sky over in the UK.

Fox owns about 40% of Sky (and had recently tried to buy up the remainder, twice).

Yes, this deal is a HUGE deal, as it's reported that the deal also includes the Fox Regional Sports channels as well. Which would give the ESPN+ a major boost controlling a majority of national sports coverage at a local level.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/938465334452826112

then there is also this:

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/938433170915168262

I'm sure we will eventually make a separate thread for all this Disney Fox Buyout talk, but for now, my main interest in this news is directly related to Marvel IP acquisitions.
(and for some of you, this means Disney/Lucasfilm getting the distribution rights back to ANH - people hoping for a remastered unaltered Original Trilogy now that Disney would have 100% of control and profits)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:36:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: December 06, 2017, 03:25:53 PM »
ok, so I've kinda put toghether how I think X-Men could be rebooted into the MCU prior to Avengers4 (B4), but not really shown until post Avengers4 (A4)

It really sucks that Perlmutter and Loeb rushed out Inhumans to the TV side, probably knowing that this Fox deal was in the works and likely to happen. Knowing Perlmutter really wanted Inhumans to happen, he had to happen before X-men made them irrelevant.

I haven't watched Inhumans, and I imagine most people interested in the MCU haven't either, so I imagine the only retconning needing to happen would be on the TV side of things. But I have no idea how they explained the Inhuman society or how everything works with them in the Inhumans show, only from what was shown on AoS, sooooo......

Based on AoS, The Kree came to Earth thousands of years ago and experimented on Humans, leaving dormant DNA which could be activated through Terrigenesis to unlock a transformation/mutation. This DNA has obviously been passed down through generations and generations of humans... some occasionally either "mutating" or having found by the Inhuman population and added to that secret society (as shown in AoS).

In Civil War Witch and Quick were both experimented on and had their "mutation" unlocked.
How their powers are possible are never actually explained in the movies if I remember correctly.

The TV explanation can be that Witch and Quick are were "inhumans" who had their mutations unlocked in an alternative way, which doesn't trigger the cocoon of terrigenesis. Everyone that didn't go through the traditional terrigenesis is considered a "mutant".

During Infinity War, Thanos triggers a world wide reaction that triggers "mutant" Inhuman DNA, and now children are being born with obvious mutations (such as mutants like Nightcrawler), others are having what feels like terrible sickness/disease as their bodies change or mutate, since going into the cocoon usually sedates and protects the body while the changes are made.

I don't know exactly how you bring Prof X and the X-Mansion into this, but perhaps he was an extremely wealthy Psychologist and Philanthropist who was already "mutated" and had in secret been hiding away "inhumans" and now "mutants" as they were being discovered (just like SHIELD and HYDRA were also trying to do on AoS) in his giant remote mansion. He kept them hidden away where he could protect them, while also study them while they came to grips with their new looks and/or abilities. As he gained their trust and helped them nurture their abilities, they would become known as the X-Men soon to be sent out on covert training missions.

I wanna say that this was done with full knowledge from Fury, and it's where he disappeared to all these years. Helping Xavier setup this wayward home for the gifted providing them with tech and intel and other such resources completely off the books and records from anything related to SHIELD.

But I think that makes it a nice transition into the MCU as I assume it'll exist post Avengers 4.
What do you guys think?

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/938473088387354624
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:35:08 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »