Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*

<< < (1693/1702) > >>

ThePerm:
So, at this point Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a launch title for the next hardware isn't it?  If it comes out at all.

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: ThePerm on October 13, 2021, 03:30:09 AM ---So, at this point Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a launch title for the next hardware isn't it?  If it comes out at all.

--- End quote ---

The game rebooted development end of 2018 which is only 3 years ago.  New hardware isn't coming out until at least late 2023 so there's still plenty of time to hit the Switch.  Worst case scenario is it ends up being cross-gen like Breath of the Wild.

ThePerm:
You think late 2023? Switch came out on March 3rd. I'm not sure Nintendo cares about releasing everything in the Winter anymore.

because Switch has been out for 4 years I think branding is now a sort of issue. The Wii was very popular, but had dropped off tremendously by the last years. When Wii U came out there was brand confusion as everyone thought it was an addon and not a system itself.

NWR_insanolord:
Nintendo wasn't in a position of strength when the Switch launched. The Wii U had been dead for a while at that point and they needed to replace it as soon as possible. The Switch is still going strong, and barring a sudden drop off Nintendo should be able to launch its successor on their own terms. All things being equal I think they would prefer to launch new hardware in the holiday window.

ThePerm:
There is also the Golden week holiday in Japan. April 29-May 5th.

March 3 was when Switch Launched. (Friday)
March 4 was when Playstation 2 Launched  (Saturday)
February 26 was when 3ds Launched. (Saturday)

If Nintendo follows the same strategy they did in 2016-2017 they can just repeat it. Announce it in October 20, 2022 and release it on March 3, 2023. Which, would be the 6th year anniversary of Switch.

NES(Famicom) and SNES -  7 years, 4 months, 6 days
SNES and N64 - 5 years, 7 months, 2 days
N64 and GCN -  5 years, 2 months, 22 days
GCN and Wii -  5 years, 2 months, 5 days
Wii and Wii U -  5 years, 11 months, 30 days
Wii U and Switch -  4 years, 3 months, 13 days

Switch release through today - 4 years, 7 months, 11 days

November 2022 is 5 years 8 months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page