Author Topic: Sega To Release Genesis Classics Collection This Winter  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Sega To Release Genesis Classics Collection This Winter
« on: September 18, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »

Not to be confused with another set of releases that starts... Thursday.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/48400/sega-to-release-genesis-classics-collection-this-winter

Sega is releasing a selection of their classic titles on Switch this winter.

A Switch version of the Sega Genesis Classics collection will release worldwide this winter, containing more than 50 games with rewind functions, Joy-Con co-op, and online multiplayer where applicable.

This collection should not be confused with the Sega Ages collection of retro re-releases that are slated to start releasing this week; the Ages are not necessarily limited to Genesis games, and in the case of Space Harrier II the Ages version will be based on the original arcade version.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Sega To Release Genesis Classics Collection This Winter
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
Yesssssss I didn't think this was gonna make it over due to the Ages series. This will be a good grab for me since I've not had a Genesis for a long time.

I hear it's missing two games from the other releases of it though, the two Wonder Boy games. A bit of a bummer, but oh well, at least it's releasing.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
It's a good selection of games (even if they've been released many times before), though I am surprised that Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles are not included. I'm tempted to get it, but when I bought the Xbox 360 version I ended up only playing like 5 or 6 of the games for more than a few minutes.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 07:07:55 PM »
Aside the Space Harrier 2 release being based off of the superior arcade version, is there any reason to buy the Sega Ages releases over the collection since the collection seems to have co-op/online included?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 09:56:15 PM »
The Sega Ages aren't limited to Genesis things (Phantasy Star, Virtua Racing's arcade version) and more importantly, M2 are the best in the business at giving options for classic games.

I don't value online play very highly, though.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.