Author Topic: SNES-GC Controller Adapter  (Read 1957 times)

Offline raptorspike

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
SNES-GC Controller Adapter
« on: May 31, 2005, 08:11:24 AM »
Now, no one please rip me for not knowing the technical aspects of this. But would it be possible to make an adapter to use a SNES controller on the GC. I was thinking this because I really don't to buy another controller, especially one where I would have to wait for it to arrive.  

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:SNES-GC Controller Adapter
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 08:19:24 AM »
you could make an adapter for snes to gc  controller useage, but it probably would't be worth the time, since it shouldn't work on most games anyway.  Most GC games are analog, and all SNES games are digital.  Not to mention the SNES pad is missing a Z- button, but does have a select button.  Where is is really lacking is the fact that it doesn't have either of the analog stick, which means you wouldn't be able to control you character or the camera.

I would mention the digital click on the shoulder button but.............. no one uses that anyway.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: SNES-GC Controller Adapter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 08:28:21 AM »
I suggest instead you buy the Hori digital controller which you can buy online.  I think I bought mine from Play-Asia.com.  They work great and you wouldn't have to fiddle with any electronics or anything.

I bought a SNES-to-USB converter from lik-sang (I think).  I believe there are USB-to-Cube converters so you might be able to double up on the converters but I've never tried it so I have no idea if it works.  There's also a PS2-to-Cube converter and there might be a SNES-to-PS2 converter so again you could try doubling up.  

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 11:34:52 AM »
Why would you want to?  
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 03:39:35 PM »
The hori digital pad looks cool, but the button placement is still gcn style. Perhaps that's the reason?>
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 04:26:15 PM »
How about an import store in america that would carry it?

That'd be nice.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
RE:SNES-GC Controller Adapter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 04:51:53 PM »
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 07:14:20 PM »
The Hori Digital Controller is *spectacular*.  I highly reccomend it if you're looking for an SNES-style controller for your GCN.

You might check your local Game Crazy store and see if they have one in stock/can order one.  I ordered my from Play Asia and got it in a little over a week...  you want one of these and you know it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.