Author Topic: Mystic Heros Review  (Read 2612 times)

Offline greenwisher

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Mystic Heros Review
« on: July 11, 2003, 07:44:18 PM »
visiting the local game shop i've been thinking about this title for awhile. It went on sale for $19, and I decided to give it a go. Here's the quick and dirty:

Story: Very strange translation of a asian foke story.

Game play/type: This game is similar to action/hack 'n slash games. It has very little depth, but does this well.

(-) the annoying:
I read the reviews on a few sites and they all said this game suffered from some major problems namely poor voice acting and bad translation of the main storyline. I have to agree. Don't buy this game for the storyline. It's crap. Also the constant battles can get tiresome.

(+) Gaming goodness:
This game also has some really tight aspects too.
I like the gameplay it's crazy and fun. Very fast, with a lot of button pushing.
There are so many enemies on the screen at one time, yet the game never slows down...very impressive.
The graphics are ok.
The mulitplayer/co-op is alright but nothing to get too excited over.

Overall:
Make sure this is the type of game/gameplay you like. If so give it a shot. It's challenging and can be fun. the later levels are tough and can take a long time to work through. Please remember this game's strenght is it's game play. Don't buy it for the storyline.  
...you can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes, you just might find... you get what you need...  

Offline Gup

• View Profile
Mystic Heros Review
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 03:37:29 PM »
I bought it for gameplay or to be more precise, multiplayer. Not disappointed.
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline vroenis

• View Profile
RE:Mystic Heros Review
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 05:40:41 PM »
except there are only five multiplayer areas or so for each mode - i expected more, like the whole story available in multiplater - that would have made it worth it.
yes it was enjoyable, but the battles get so monotonous.
australia, the land of the cubeless pagans.
games
abstraction