Author Topic: Super Mario Sunshine Review Room  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Garnia

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Mario Sunshine Review Room
« on: August 10, 2003, 02:09:34 PM »
 Gameplay: 95%

This game can keep me amused for hours! So what if it is the same playing style as Mario 64 and so what if there is less levels. The levels are huge and have lots to within them. But not everything is fun, missions such as most of the red coin levels can be tedious and some missions are ridiculously easy and short such as the mission on Gelato Beach where all you have to do is fight a giant caterpillar, you fight it immeadiately as soon as you start the level! The mini stages and the short platforming levels are super fun, they could make a great game just out of those! The new gadget named "Fludd" is very fun to use, you can shoot up in the air like a rocket, hover in the air, squirt water regularly or even use the hydro nozel which when used in water acts similar to a jet ski, sadly the hydro nozel and rocket nozel are used rarely, especially the hydro nozel. The addition of adding Yoshi into the mix is nice, but he also doesn't have to be used all that often!

Graphics: 93%

The graphics in this game are marvelous, especially the water! If you are to slide into paint Mario will even be covered in paint until you wash it off. Character models appear to be kind of bland and look better from far away, they could have been better, or adleast I think so! The areas on this game look amazing and I describe them as jumping into a painting!

Sound: 95%

The sound on this game is great! The tunes fit in well, the game comes with Dolby Prologic! And you can hear the characters voices over the music as well which is a plus! But Peache's voice as usual can get very tedious!

Replay Value: 93%

The replay value on this awsome game is great! There are tons of blue coins for you collect after beating the final boss and it is just amazingly fun to replay missions and just fool around. Trying to find all the secrets will keep you amused for a while!

Overal: 94%

-Get this game if your craving a solid adventure and platformer game!
-Don't get this game if you hated Super Mario 64!
-If you are a searious collector of Nintendo games and love previous mario games, then get this! Or else it will haunt you in your sleap until you get it!

Final Coment:

-I adore this game and I personaly like it more than Super Mario 64!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Super Mario Sunshine Review Room
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 06:47:03 PM »
I basically agree with that review.  I just had to say that I thought it was humorous that you mention jumping through paintings, since that's what you did in Mario 64.  If you meant it that way, clever.  If not, funny

What you call the hydro nozel is actually the turbo nozzle, though Yes, for me it's just incredibly fun to run around Delfino Plaza, jumping around and messing with flood.  If I had to give this a percentage score, it'd probably be 93.5%.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 07:33:14 AM »
I disagree with both of ya I just think it was too easy, and too short. The storyilne was a piece of sh!t, and they added this stupid twist that Peach was Junior Bowser's mother....as if that would be possible...  
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 04:13:51 PM »
Too easy? Too short? You're just talking about the main game, right? Try getting all the blue coins, then come back and tell me it's too easy or too short.

And storyline was enver a strong part of Mario- in fact, it's never really been a part at all. Bowser kidnaps the princess, you save her. It's really just an excuse to jump on things.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 05:00:24 AM »
I did get all the blue coins. It WAS easy. I must admit that I used a FAQ guide though, because I didn't want to spend another 20 hours trying to find all the blue coins when they could simply be given to me.
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 10:55:29 AM »
I have 114 Shine sprites, and cannot find the rest worth poop.  Hey.  I'm going to go find a walkthrough.  Later!
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 04:45:41 PM »

I did get all the blue coins. It WAS easy. I must admit that I used a FAQ guide though, because I didn't want to spend another 20 hours trying to find all the blue coins when they could simply be given to me.
It was easy because you read where to go whenever you took a step, that's not easy, that's cheating.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 04:50:37 PM »
It's not cheating, but it's a LOT easier. I got all 100 hidden packages in GTA3 in a single day because I had a list of where they all were. In SM64 I got every single star on my own sans FAQs and it wasn't easy. Sunshine's considerably harder with all the weird placements of the blue coins, not to mention the secret shines.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 11:01:19 AM »
I have 117 now.  Yay.

Offline GCNMasterX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 05:31:57 PM »
Graphics: 10

Nice graphics! Way better than Super Mario 64s..The water looks simply amazing and the effects are awesome.

Sound: 9

Tropical music..I luv Steel Drumms!! But it does get kinda annoying when you're at a part where you have to focus...Fits the game though.

Gameplay: 7

Meh. This is the 2nd to worst part. The story is alright, but they'd better get a new voice for Bowser, because that sounded like he was a fruitcake. The Water Pack is pretty cool, and the creative puzzles are a plus.

Lasting Appeal: 5

Ugh. This game didnt last very long. You'll have fun playing it a first time, but boy, you'll stop playing right after that. It gets boring.

Overall: 8
Who loves Vanilla Coke?? I love vanilla coke!

Currently listening to:  Twisted Method, Staind, Adema, Disturbed

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2003, 10:54:46 PM »
The blue coins were lame.  A few well-hidden secrets are nice, but there must be 40-50 Shines that you get solely with blue coins! That's just rediculous.  It's as if the only reason Nintendo put them in was so people would think it's as long as SM64.  Still, great game (I inevitably waste time simply jumping around in the main hub - it's like one big crazy super-powered playground.