Author Topic: (Opinion) Pokemon ORAS: the Primal Reversion of the Pokemon Series.  (Read 4277 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
When Pokemon X and Y came out I was overjoyed. It felt like the Pokemon series had finally modernized itself with things like the full 3D battles, 3D overworld, and more minor things like the introduction of Super Training to finally fix the E.V. training mechanic. The fact that it feels like there are enough Pokemon in the game to actually make completing your pokedex with one game somewhat possible.

But to me one of the biggest changes was the Trainer Customization mechanic. It's something I'd hoped Pokemon as a series would incorporate in the near future and I felt that while X and Y's customization options were limited that the represented a solid start to a feature that I was looking forward to seeing in future games in the series. When Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were announced I became curious about how it would be incorporated. I saw no reason to use the word 'if' because I honestly saw no reason that gamefreak wouldn't include the feature.

"In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we're focusing on adventuring elements, so we don't have the actual free customization of the trainer, but you'll see the items you use throughout the game visually represented; for example, when you're underwater, you'll have this little mouthpiece that lets you breathe. So there's some cool stuff for how your trainer changes clothes and puts on accessories throughout the game." -Junichi Masuda

While his response isn't quite as bad as a certain other responses to similar omissions (*cough* Ubisoft) he does fail to provide an adequate reason for the exclusion. I mean the game runs on the same engine as X/Y and stuff like that so it should be easy to just port the stuff from that game and be done with it but apparently character customization has gone the way of the Battle Frontier.

Oh and remember how HG/SS went out of their way to include stuff from Crystal and all that and they even put the Battle Frontier from Platinum where Crystal had it's battle tower? No such luck here.

Oh and they didn't even bother to patch X and Y with the new megas so if you want to battle me and I don't have ORAS then you'll have to leave your Mega Swampert behind because, in what I suspect is Gamefreak taking another page from Ubisoft's Playbook, they're probably too busy working on next year's Pokemon Game to fix the compatibility issues that this years Pokemon game has with X/Y.

Seriously, I was willing to put up with this kind of stuff on the DS because patching DS games isn't exactly something that happens ever but on the 3DS Gamefreak has no excuse. There is no reason why there isn't a patch for X/Y to support the new Mega's and the fact that there isn't one is unacceptable.

I was very excited for ORAS when they were first announced but as is, if I ever do get the game, it's going to be 'used' at Gamestop. I find this kind of behavior unbelieveable on Gamefreak's part and if this is how they are going to treat the series then they can go along without my money.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/there-is-no-plan-to-patch-pokemon-x-and-y-with-the-new-mega-evolutions-from#.VHKnneHnZDs
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:18:17 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: (Opinion) Pokemon ORAS: the Primal Reversion of the Pokemon Series.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
This isn't a review! You don't even have a copy of the game. This is an opinion and it should be in the Handheld section of the forums. You've been around here long enough and should know better. For shame, Pokepal148, for shame.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: (Opinion) Pokemon ORAS: the Primal Reversion of the Pokemon Series.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »
Yeah you can just openly bitch out GameFreak in pretty much any thread. That'd what I'd do.

Playing Alpha Sapphire myself, I'm not too bothered by the lack of the details you mentioned but the lack of patching for X and Y is gross and makes me vomit.

It's probably time for Nintendo to make Pokémon a 'platform' the way many PC games are going.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.