Community Forums > Movies & TV

IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)

<< < (929/936) > >>

ThePerm:
I don't envy the position Ryan Coogler is in. It's in a similar position that JJ Abrams was in following The Last Jedi. I hope it's really good and he doesn't get a lot of backlash and hate when it comes out because this show must move on.

BlackNMild2k1:
The previous portion leading up to Endgame was The Infinity Saga

We are now in the Multiverse Saga, of which Loki, WandaVision, Spider-Man: NWH, and Doctor Strange: MoM have all directly interacted with.

The phases are shorter mostly because we don't have to wait for all the movies to expand the plot and characters leading up to the next big event. It may seem a little aimless, but this is the breather period where a bunch of new pieces are being added to the board, and thanks to D+, their being added very quickly.

Off the top of my head, for those that haven't kept up with the shows, tons of new characters and their current situations include:

From Loki:
Female (and many other) Loki,
Kang (variant xx1 aka The One Who Remains)
the unleashing of the "Multiverse" with the death of Kang

From WandaVision:
Monica Rambeau aka Spectrum
Agatha Harnkess
White Vision
Wanda's Kids
Wanda's dip into the Darkhold

From Falcon and the Winter Soldier:
New Super Soldier that's Not Captain America
Falcon is NOW the new Captain America
The Original Super Soldier and his son
and the new Falcon

Hawkeye:
Kate Bishop
Echo
Kingpin
The Sword Master

From Moonknight:
Moon Knight (and his multiple personalities)
Konshu (and other Egyption Gods + the Afterlife)

Ms Marvel:
Ms Marvel, her genetic makeup, and her setup for The Marvels
the other guy with powers from "The Noor"
the other Dimension "The Noor"

What If!?
- First appearances of Supreme Strange, Zombies, Captain Carter, and others....

Upcoming on She Hulk:
She Hulk
Titania
Daredevil in Costume
countless other cameos (Wrecking Crew, Frogman, and potentially Johnny Blaze?)

Can't say every moment of every show has been amazing, or even entertaining, but I can see how fatigue may be setting in... in part because of the frequency of the content, but more so because the quality. Although She-Hulk looks to hopefully be the funnest of them so far.

Stratos:
Yeah its just getting to be a lot with the drop in consistency and quality. I adored No Way Home, liked Moon Knight, What If was fun, and Dr Strange was mostly enjoyable. Its more the bait-and-switches that have put me off (Quick Silver tease in WandaVision).

She Hulk does look like fun, but I'm just going to be a little more selective about which shows I go out of my way to see or worry about potential spoilers.

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on July 27, 2022, 01:05:54 PM ---We are not in the Multiverse Saga, of which Loki, WandaVision, Spider-Man: NWH, and Doctor Strange: MoM have all directly interacted with.

--- End quote ---

How is this not part of Phase 4/Multiverse Saga? 1-3 was Infinity, 4-6 are Multiverse from what I read from the latest reveal.

BlackNMild2k1:
Typo.

*We are NOW in the Multiverse saga.
edited the original post to correct.

nickmitch:
The phases are definitely shorter and no longer punctuated with Avengers movies. I do think that Thunderbolts will be the "Avengers" of Phase 5, but not having a team-up movie in Phase 4 feels weird. It seems like this would've been the place for Thunderbolts with maybe a Young Avengers movie at the end of Phase 5. I think it feels directionless because there isn't really a team just yet, and it's unclear who will put that team together and why with everyone off doing their own thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version