Author Topic: Best of the Wii: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition  (Read 2405 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Best of the Wii: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
« on: October 05, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

A selection of the best things.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/32015

Surprise! Our list of best Wii games concludes with the honorable inclusion of Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, a great port of an already superb game.

Hear Zach, Neal, and Tyler discuss the thrills, chills, and... Benny Hills... of one of the Wii's best!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Best of the Wii: Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
So I have an almost 6 year-old save file on the Gamecube version of this game. Listening to this podcast is getting me antsy to go back to it.

Question: Is the Wii version clearly superior in the gameplay than the Gamecube version? Or will I get the same enjoyment from either version?
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
The wii version is the best version of the game overall.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »
Question: Is the Wii version clearly superior in the gameplay than the Gamecube version? Or will I get the same enjoyment from either version?

Personally, I would rather play the Wii version. Basic gameplay didn't really change that much, but the pointer controls are very smooth and accurate. That might make the game easier, as you can quickly pop off round after round with precise targeting, but RE4 is all about empowerment anyway. If you really want, it supports GameCube controllers anyway - although I believe the way to get it to work is undocumented except through the internet. Other little touches (like the reload motion and use of Wii Remote speaker) are nice additions, and the extra play mode that wasn't included with the GameCube release is worth experiencing.

To me the Wii version is definitely the best available, and is easily worth the $10-20 asking price you often see it sell for.

However...

If you already have the game ready to go on GameCube, and if you don't mind the more traditional dual-analog controls, and if you don't care about the extra content available on the Wii version, then go ahead and play what you already own. RE4 on GameCube is still an awesome game and should be just as enjoyable. (Plus you'll never know what you are missing out on anyway.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 04:22:57 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Pantburster

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 04:11:38 AM »
Evidence that the Wiimote/nunchuck beats the gamepad

Wii version of resident Evil 4 best out of all the platforms!

begs the question...

Why ditch it for an analog ipad thingy(WiiU)

and before anyone suggests that the Wiimote will still get supported on WiiU then i'm
more than willing to take bets it will be for no more than 6 months(in WiiU specific games).

An HD Wii a year back would of been spot on!

Offline toshironikko

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
I got the GC the Wii and the HD PS3 versions of this game - the Wii is def the best to play it on - most noticably in the minigame part where you are trying to get the bottle caps - and one last note - you can shoot the dog at the beginning and it will free it from the trap