Author Topic: 3DS XL should I buy it from best buy or Walmart  (Read 14222 times)

3DS XL should I buy it from best buy or Walmart
« on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »
Hey so I'm having a dilemma as to where I should purchase my 3DS XL system, I want a protection plan with it but the one at best buy is a bit expensive and the one at Walmart isn't. I'm not a big Walmart fan like I use to be so of I get the system without the protection plan will I still get the 12 month warranty also I looked at Best Buy and they have free shipping but it's standerd shipping so that's extra waiting for me which bothers me a little but waiting is a part of life. Which is better Walmart or Bestbuy.
Nintendo Freak_Master Panda

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS XL should I buy it from best buy or Walmart
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:41:45 AM »
How about Amazon? You don't have to pay sales tax on there.
is your sanity...

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
Well amazon doesn't have it and bestbuy you don't have to pay tax if the shipping is free Walmart and target on the other hand probably are.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »
Okay, I looked and I guess you are right... it seems Amazon doesn't have it at the moment. I'm sure they will get it eventually, though. As for whether you should get it at Walmart or Bestbuy, I have no opinion one way or the other, although I will say I don't really like how Bestbuy tries to push their warranties on people. Maybe that's a good thing to have if the system breaks down, but I dunno... in my experience warranties are usually a waste of money.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
How about Amazon? You don't have to pay sales tax on there.

You do if your state charges for online sales (which a few already do and more plan to).

BB has never been that bad to me with warranties, an employee just asks (would you like to buy an extended warranty on ____?", I say "no", and she proceeds to take my money for the purchase). I would go with Best Buy to get the Reward Zone points.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
Sewell my older bro just preordered from some site I think it was called cost captain or something like that the shipping is free and so is the tax he only had to pay $169 for it pretty sweet deal if you ask me lol

Brought a 3ds XL now it's pending :(
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »
My bro pre ordered a 3ds XL for me on cost captain.com and it says Pending should I be worried anyway he called the bank last night so there was 253 dollars in the bank. What should he or I do :(

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
I never heard of that cost captain website. If your brother knows its secure and trusts it, that's fine, but I wouldn't recommend giving credit card numbers to just some random site you know nothing about. Bad things can happen from that.
is your sanity...

Offline Neifirst

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
Newegg.com offers both 3DS XL models for pre-order and you don't have to pay sales tax in most states.  They also offer free shipping.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
Who gives a crap where you buy it? Get it where you can get it cheapest...extended warranties are a joke. You get a year manufacturer warranty anyway.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
Has anyone considered getting an extended warranty from SquareTrade? They have a pretty good reputation with regards to computer warranties, and a 3 year warranty for a DS looks to cost about $30 ($45 with accidental damage protection). I think worse comes to worse if they can't fix it, they refund you or something, almost like an insurance policy?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
Has anyone considered getting an extended warranty from SquareTrade? They have a pretty good reputation with regards to computer warranties, and a 3 year warranty for a DS looks to cost about $30 ($45 with accidental damage protection). I think worse comes to worse if they can't fix it, they refund you or something, almost like an insurance policy?

Has anyone ever really had to take advantage of that offer?   I don't know....I've only had to deal with NOA once, and they very quickly fixed a broken R1 button on my DSI XL, for free, which was amazing because A) it broke because I dropped it onto a hardwood floor and B)  I wasn't even the original owner -- I bought it used off of Amazon, and luckily the idiot never registered in with Club Nintendo.

Newegg.com offers both 3DS XL models for pre-order and you don't have to pay sales tax in most states.  They also offer free shipping.

Except in California, where Newegg's central office is located 10 minutes away from my closest King Taco location.   

My bro pre ordered a 3ds XL for me on cost captain.com and it says Pending should I be worried anyway he called the bank last night so there was 253 dollars in the bank. What should he or I do :(

That's a good question, because I've been looking at Cost Captain for a while now.   I usually buy my stuff from Amazon, but I don't think they'll be selling the 3DS XL -- in fact they don't sell any Nintendo consoles directly.  They used to, hell I bought my 3DS through them, but I heard a rumor that they had a couple's quarrel with Nintendo and now they're not talking to each other. 

Now this may sound entitled and spoiled, but I don't want to pay sales tax OR shipping on my 3DS XL if I can avoid it.   Sales tax and shipping in Cali can easily end up being $30, and hell, that's the price of a retail game on sale. 

Cost Captain is offering both free shipping and no sales tax for me, and I've been thinking of ordering from them, but to be honest, the site looks super shady.  They've got hundreds of ratings on a site called resellerratings.com, but all the reviews are from users who've only written 1 review, and they're all in broken/misspelled English.  Hmmm.....

The only information I can find on them is from an obscure forum thread on the G4TV.com website from 2008, and apparently, the people in that thread had an alright experience.   No heiresses from Nigeria there.

I'm still very hesitant, though....has anyone here ever bought something from them?
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »
Best Buy.

Any choice or Walmart is always the choice that isn't Walmart.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Rubber Band AI

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
I've worked at both Best Buy and Wal-Mart (thank God those days are over) - I'd go with Best Buy. It has the better program and you can apply the purchase to your Reward Zone and get a coupon down the line that will offset the price difference a bit. But I stress - get Reward Zone and join the Gamers Club while you're at it. Better rewards.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »
I gotta update this thing right out of the box? Wtf?
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control