Author Topic: Amazing Deals!  (Read 1050055 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Amazing Deals for 3DS, DS & GBA
« Reply #2825 on: March 08, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »
Mario Golf: World Tour is available to pre-order at Amazon. You can get the game for $10 less than what the MSRP is by doing so.

http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Golf-World-Tour-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00CFR7UC2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1394301339&sr=1-1&keywords=mario+golf+world+tour
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Amazing Deals!
« Reply #2826 on: March 17, 2014, 08:23:55 PM »
Hopefully this is still good. It was last night at least.

F1 Race Stars on Wii U eShop is half price. It is now $15.00 for a limited time.

It's packed with content, and even without online it's worth it at that price.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
Select Atlus games are on sale in the NA 3DS eShop until 3/31:

Shin Megami Tensei IV (& DLC)  (now $30, reg $50)
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan  (now $20, reg $30)
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl  (now $20, reg $40)
Code of Princess  (now $20, reg $30)
Devil Survivor Overclocked (now $20, reg $30)
Soul Hackers  (now $20, reg $30)

https://www.facebook.com/AtlusUSA/posts/10152010310713339

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »
Darksiders 2 is on sale on the eShop. $20 until April 1.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 20, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
Nice deal for Darksiders 2. Shame it's a digital copy.

If I could track down a retail copy for less than $30 I'd be happy to buy. Haven't seen it drop in price, and availability has been pretty limited locally.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 21, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »
I'm sure it will eventually drop. $25 is my magical price for it physically.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 25, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »
Ubisoft Wii U e-Shop sale happening right now. Picked up Rayman Legends for a mere $27.99. Take that, you delaying bastards. You left more than $30 of my money on the table.

Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 25, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
Picked up Rayman Legends for a mere $27.99. Take that, you delaying bastards.
Pfffft. I got Rayman Legends for a whopping zero dollars on xbox last year when they messed up something in marketplace. That will teach them.

but then i still bought it full price for Wii U later
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 25, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »
Mario Kart 8 for 25 or $35 after coupons/points back at Kmart for SYWR (which is free):

$20 points back for pre-order
$5 points back for anything over $45.
$10 electronics code for anything at $60 (the code has to be applied manual and I can't get it to double stack like others not sure why).
----------------------------------------

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: March 25, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
Managed to get it to work--my order went in $64.80 - $35.60 (account credit) so $30 for MK8.  Blue shells for everyone :0.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 25, 2014, 11:45:23 PM »
Wow, that's a steal.  Had $5 in surprise points expiring tonight, so it was $55 before tax, with the $35 in points coming, which will definitely get used, maybe on Smash Bros. if they have another crazy deal like this, if not, on things I actually need.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 26, 2014, 02:27:37 AM »
Mario Kart 8 for 25 or $35 after coupons/points back at Kmart for SYWR (which is free):

$20 points back for pre-order
$5 points back for anything over $45.
$10 electronics code for anything at $60 (the code has to be applied manual and I can't get it to double stack like others not sure why).
----------------------------------------
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328960-k-mart-20-back-in-points-for-sywr-members-on-online-preorders-for-watch-dogs-mario-kart-8-and-destiny/

I've been trying to get this to work for the last 30+ minutes. The coupons will not apply even though it says they are applied and will show in the cart or at check out. my Total is $65.09 after tax

Where do I see the $20 back or the $5 back?
The $10 back is on the next purchase of $50 or more. Am I going to have to go in the store to do this?

Managed to get it to work--my order went in $64.80 - $35.60 (account credit) so $30 for MK8.  Blue shells for everyone :0.

So this applies after the purchase and you get it all back in credit to the SYW acct?

edit:  is this what I'm looking for? post purchase credits toward the next purchase?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:54:48 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2838 on: March 26, 2014, 06:17:47 AM »
I believe Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Sonic: Lost World will each be $10 off next week at Best Buy.

Offline ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 26, 2014, 08:57:11 AM »
Yeah it's looks right.  Store credit and you only get it once the game is shipped I believe.  Like Rise I usually just buy a bunch of common items just to make sure I use it up before forgetting about it.

You still had an $1.30 left in your account :0.  Gold

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 26, 2014, 01:00:03 PM »
I ended up buying it last night. I've only ever used the SYW thing in person at the store, so I was confused at to whether I was supposed to be getting money off this purchase or money banked for my next purchase. Turns out to be the latter of the two.

I also used that $1.30 in credit so that nearly half of it wasn't at risk of expiring.
Whatever I buy next will be more than half off though, so that's cool too. will probably be Watch Dogs... to bad I can't pre-order that separately for Wii U as well and bank even more money back.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 01, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »
Heads up all Canadian Gamers. (Don't know if this applies to U.S.A. folks). I was in Staples and they are selling Pokémon X and Y for 19.96 each. They are clearing them out in another sign of the gaming market shrinkage. Price is listed on their website also but you can not order them off the site. You can only hope your local store still has a copy. I was able to pickup the last copy of Y in my city and got 1 of the remaining copies of X as well. (Yes, I bought both even though I'll never touch them in years. At least, Pokémon games keep a high re-sale value.) Obviously, supplies are limited.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 01, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »
What the mop is Staples doing selling videogames?! I had no idea. Anyways, I checked the Staples site and didn't see them listed, so that probably isn't going on here.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 02, 2014, 12:55:38 AM »
It was part of the Wii boom. Videogames were suddenly big business and everybody wanted a piece. HMV started selling videogames, Sears actually started stocking them in their stores, Staples carried a small selection, Shopper's Drug Mart (Not sure if that is in the states) also got into the arena. But then, in the end years like 2012 and so on, when Wii was no longer selling like gangbusters and mobile gaming took the casual crowd, now these stores are shrinking back on their inventory or not even carrying it at all. HMV got rid of all their gaming stock. Sears seems to be doing the same.

I don't know why Staples is still trying to carry games although, when I stopped in today, they are really cutting back on the support of it. It was only two shelves worth of gaming space. I learned to start checking Staples for games when I went in one day and found out they were selling some and not only that, they had just marked down Pokémon Black and White to 18 something dollars and were clearing them out. Unfortunately, I missed out at that time but that experience taught me to always keep my eye on Staples. They eventually keep discounting titles to clear out remaining stock they have on it so I've gotten some pretty great deals on fairly new games. I don't get their business strategy but I'm on board for that part of it.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2844 on: April 02, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
I got Mario and Sonic 2014, Wii Party U and the best Call of Duty experience on a recent console (WiiU BLOPS 2) for $70 combined recently from Staples.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: April 02, 2014, 09:31:16 AM »
Target is having a Buy Two Get One Free sale from 04/06/2014 to 04/12/2014. It spans all hardware.

I was thinking about picking up Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Final Fantasy X, but I don't have a third game I really want. There's Bravely Default possibly. If I hadn't already completed A Link Between Worlds, that would be my choice. Lords of Shadow 2 will likely have a complete collection including DLC and other such extras in the future so I want to wait for that. I may just wait until Mario Kart 8 comes out and hit the next such sale. They pop up every so often.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: April 02, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
Shoppers Drug Mart still carries a healthy selection of games, hardware and accessories for all Nintendo Sony and MS platforms, never discounted though. But if you are a points collector, you can clean up. I got my 3DS XL from Shoppers for free a little over a month ago. As such, I was able to also get Pokeymans Y from Club Nintendo for free.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: April 02, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »
Interesting. I like to get my gas from Superstore since you then get coupons of about $2.00 to use in the store which are valid for a couple months. After two months or so, I've usually got enough to give me about $15.00 off a purchase which I use on a game. Last time, I lucked out and they had a sale for Pikmin 3 at $35.00. With the sale and my coupons, I got the game for about $20.00 brand new. That was great. If I had a Superstore debit or Visa card, I could get double the amount back. Maybe I should look into that after all with Wii U games being so pricey.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:57 PM »
I was thinking about picking up Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Final Fantasy X, but I don't have a third game I really want.
If you can't think of three games you want, then why not get DKCTF for $10 off at Best Buy or Amazon?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »
Getting three games is a better deal. I'm not in any rush; I'll want three games eventually though I am leaning towards Bravely Default if Target has it on Sunday.