Author Topic: Goodbye my beloved Wiimote Wii will miss U  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Pantburster

• Score: -15
    • View Profile
Goodbye my beloved Wiimote Wii will miss U
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
 Question: If you were an XBOX or PS3 gamer would the Wii U tempt you away from your chosen console?
  Answer: Erm no, why should it, it's no more powerful than what i have and its graphics and space marine shooters and not mario i wan't.

Question: If you are a Wii gamer then i assume it is the next generation motion controls that drew you to Wii(and the obvious IP's i accept that) So you want a Wii U?
  Answer: Erm Yea and no, Yea 'cos i like Mario,Zelda  etc BUT no on the other hand because I love my Wii's next gen controller and iv'e just seen what it is capable of with the Skyward Sword game! also being into Nintendos games the HD isn't a massive issue.

I'm concerned the Wiimote is much like the Gamecube controller that went before, compatable with the new hardware but never really to be taken too seriously again! and the replacement? An Ipad'alike tablet form dual analog controller! NOT for me at all!!! It seems Nintendo are playing it safe. Even tho it looks like a new idea it isn't. It is simply everything that is popular roled into one and this jack of all trades master of none worries me!!!

Please don't let this woeful controller replace our now perfect motion plus wiimotes

Another worry is just who are they trying to sell to? PS360 gamers won't want it? and as for the rest of us? who knows if they force this controller on us?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye my beloved Wiimote Wii will miss U
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »
PS3/360 Gamers do want it. It's a second screen in the palm of your hand for goodness sakes.  Playing with two screens or being able to walk away from your TV and still play is huge.

I think the real question is, will PS3/360 gamers buy a Wii U to play games that are coming to their systems as well?

And we'll have to wait and see if Nintendo drops support for the Wiimote+; as in, will it be in the Wii U box?

My guess is yes it will.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:30:05 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
PS3/360 Gamers do want it. It's a second screen in the palm of your hand for goodness sakes.  Playing with two screens or being able to walk away from your TV and still play is huge.

I think the real question is, will PS3/360 gamers buy a Wii U to play games that are coming to their systems as well?

And we'll have to wait and see if Nintendo drops support for the Wiimote+; as in, will it be in the Wii U box?

My guess is yes it will.
I be surprised if Nintendo is not going to make a push to not have any classic Wiimotes out by the time the WiiU is out.  So if you are using a Wiimote it will be the newer one.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »
I'm also concerned that Nintendo could be abandoning everything they've built with the Wii, but right now there are too many unknowns to determine if that's the case. It probably isn't worth worrying about until they reveal more information. And actual games.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 05:43:09 AM »
**** post. Great username. Please stick around, Pantburster. If not I'll get a mod to change your username so I can have it instead.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:47:33 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »
The difference between the Gamecube controller and Wiimote is the Gamecube controller was never required to play multiplayer games on the Wii.  Nintendo has made it very clear that you'll need to use Wiimotes to play multiplayer games on the Wii U since the controller will be very expensive and the system won't be able to handle four Wii U controllers at the same time.

Since the Wiimote will still be an important part of the Wii U, it's not going anywhere.  I'd imagine a good number of Nintendo games will still be made to be controlled with it since it'll be something most Wii U owners will still have.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
**** post. Great username. Please stick around, Pantburster. If not I'll get a mod to change your username so I can have it instead.

It doesn't work that way. I tried to change ShyGuy's name to TJ Spyke after I'd changed his name to something else, but it still wouldn't let me do it. The original account name is locked forever. I could change your name to something similar, though. Pantburster69, perhaps.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 01:55:34 AM »
It doesn't work that way. I tried to change ShyGuy's name to TJ Spyke after I'd changed his name to something else, but it still wouldn't let me do it. The original account name is locked forever. I could change your name to something similar, though. Pantburster69, perhaps.

Somebody could do it, but they'd have to write a SQL command to do it.

As for the OP, I still fully expect the WiiU to have a significant advantage over current generation hardware. With Epic Studios on board as advisors, and that Epic is pushing their next gen engine to be ready for the next machines, I'm not counting the WiiU out until the form is finalized next E3.

Anyone who is willing to write off ideas before experiencing them is more likely a troll who loves to live under bridges.

Offline Pantburster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 04:12:24 AM »
The difference between the Gamecube controller and Wiimote is the Gamecube controller was never required to play multiplayer games on the Wii.  Nintendo has made it very clear that you'll need to use Wiimotes to play multiplayer games on the Wii U since the controller will be very expensive and the system won't be able to handle four Wii U controllers at the same time.

Since the Wiimote will still be an important part of the Wii U, it's not going anywhere.  I'd imagine a good number of Nintendo games will still be made to be controlled with it since it'll be something most Wii U owners will still have.

Excellent comment i actually feel a bit happier about the issue now, let's hope even single player games get a Wiimote lookin. I think my hatred of playing first person games on dual analog contollers fuelled this post.

As for stealing my name! If you google Pantburster you will see that i have been active under this name for years on lots of games and ladders and forums etc. I would hunt you down and pimp slap you in front of your biatch!

Offline Pantburster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 04:41:49 AM »

Excellent comment i actually feel a bit happier about the issue now, let's hope even single player games get a Wiimote lookin. I think my hatred of playing first person games on dual analog contollers fuelled this post.

As for stealing my name! If you google Pantburster you will see that i have been active under this name for years on lots of games and ladders and forums etc. I would hunt you down and pimp slap you in front of your biatch!

Somebody could do it, but they'd have to write a SQL command to do it.

As for the OP, I still fully expect the WiiU to have a significant advantage over current generation hardware. With Epic Studios on board as advisors, and that Epic is pushing their next gen engine to be ready for the next machines, I'm not counting the WiiU out until the form is finalized next E3.

Anyone who is willing to write off ideas before experiencing them is more likely a troll who loves to live under bridges.

I'm not writing anything off fully but i am concerned about the main controller and the reasons behind it choice. If you think back to the reasons given for the introduction of the wiimote then you will remember that it was noted that dual analog controllers were too complicated and less button usage would be an advantage. This along with a  1 to 1 motion/poiting device innovation would be a revolution in gaming. Back to the Wii U, a dual analog? i don't get it thats all?

I'm not writing the Wii U off i'm just not completely happy with the reasoning given what information is available.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
I share the concern about how comfortable the Wii U tablet will be. Am I really going to be able to hold the thing with one hand while using my other hand to trace something out on the screen, and still have the hand holding the thing properly access the buttons and stick? I am getting up there in years, I'll be nearing the edge of 40 by the time its released, and I don't handle changing habits nearly as well as I did 15 years ago. But if the system is capable and some great games come out, I'll invest the time it'll take to get used to it.

Offline FloY

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 01:04:05 AM »

this is what i hope.. because i need wiimote for FPS games like metroid prime and call of duty!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »

Haha definitely have to take it now!
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »
The Wii U will be more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, current reports say it will be like 1.5x as powerful as the PS3.

Ceric, they already have tried to retire the original Wii Remote. The Wii comes bundled with the Wii Remote Plus and they only sell the Wii Remote Plus.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20