Author Topic: METROID PRIME 2  (Read 96047 times)

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
METROID PRIME 2
« on: September 11, 2003, 07:33:25 AM »
Yes they are making a sequel to metroid prime, my question is, what is the release date, and what is the game about, anyone know?
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 07:41:58 AM »
Release Date: Late 2004

Story: Most likely a direct sequel that involves the X-parasite from Metroid Fusion
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Sirmorphix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 08:53:01 AM »
I just really, really, really don't want her to wear that suit from Fusion.  I'd much prefer that awesome black power armor she has at the end of Prime (whatever it's called, I can't remember... I think it's Phazon armor or something to that extent).
---
Electronic Arts Canada
---

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 08:58:59 AM »
It's the Phazon Suit, and yes I agree. I don't like the Fusion Suit.

If you have seen the third 100% ending, then you see a replica of Samus coming out of what is left of Metroid Prime. I believe a Phazon-induced replica of Samus will run around causing havoc.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 09:03:08 AM »
i remember miyamoto saying that we would be playing it next year- we will probably see a playable form at e3 next year
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
RE: METROID PRIME 2
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 11:32:15 AM »
Well I for one totally sure that its not a sequel to Fusion. If it was wouldn't Samus have been wearing the fusion suit in the trailor Nintendo showed at E3, the one where she flipped into an open space and this Phantom thing showed up outta now where, knocked Samus on the ground, and then jumped on her and began to suck her energy and turned whole and thats where it ended.

now what I'm thinking is that after Samus beat the Metriod Prime boss she left but it wasn't dead, and when Samus left the thing got up and needed to suck energy to become whole again and after a while it finds Samus, sucks her energy till shes almost dead and becomes whole but it was still weak. So it ran away to amass more power while Samus recovered from the attack, you probably lose your suits and stuff during this attack and have to go find them before you can fight the final boss. but you know what i would like to see, I want to meet up with another bounty hunter or maybe a whole group of them and they could be you enemies during the game and you have to kill all of them. This would also open up multiplayer.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 01:19:05 PM »
This may be a dumb assumption, but wouldn't Metroid Prime 2 be the sequel to. . . Metroid Prime?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 07:42:40 PM »
well that's its tentative name, it could change to Metroid __: killing in the name of
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 02:56:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
This may be a dumb assumption, but wouldn't Metroid Prime 2 be the sequel to. . . Metroid Prime?

No-no-no-no... Metroid "Double Prime" like what the 2nd derivative in calculus is (!!)

*_*  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 03:06:21 PM »
I doubt the game will be called Metroid Prime 2.  Hopefully Retro is more creative than that

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 03:22:23 PM »
QUASI-SPOILERS WITHIN:

Metroid 6: Phazon Suit Resurrection! or Metroid: The Return of Samus AND Her Now Evil Phazon Suit. Or how bout a nice cup o' shut the hell up?
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »
I doubt it will be called Metroid Prime 2, I mean how many Nintendo made games are names 1, 2, 3? They all have their own subtitle.

I would like if there was a multiplayer training option in the game. think about this. Samus has a holodeck type of room on her ship, so she can upload any enemy that she scanned and then a second player can play as those. Of course they would have to be more powerful so 1-2 shots wont kill em, but I think that would be pretty cool. It would also give you incentive to scan all the bosses so that you can play as them in the training mode.

Of course Metroid Prime was so good that I will automatically purchase the sequel no matter what.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 03:48:39 PM »
How about the ultimate multiplayer game:  Morph Ball Racing!!

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 05:15:11 PM »
And of course Extreme Morph Ball Half-Piping
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 03:18:06 AM »
how can you have a multiplayer with an autoaiming game?
I just hope MP2 is innovative enough and does actually make a leap in graphics unlike the screens weve seen so far
LZ 2005

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 03:22:25 AM »
I'd rather Metroid not become Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.  As Four Swords has proven, you can have multi-player in an inherently one-player game, but it can't betray the original game.

(Fusion spoilers)

In any case.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Fusion suit destroyed just before the end of Fusion?  I'm pretty sure I fought that giant X just before my ship in only the Varia suit.  I doubt Prime 2 will be about anything other than the Phazon suit, anyway.  I doubt the game will have anything to do with Space Pirates, as Samus is supposed to believe she eliminated them all until Super Metroid.  Fusion's ending, especially Samus' criminal actions, just doesn't lend itself to a sequel that easily.

(/Fusion Spoilers)

-- ShockingAlberto  
Press X to run.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 03:37:37 AM »
Hold on, if it IS going to be a sequel to Metroid Fusion, why would she have to be in the fusion suit?  If I remember correctly,

really small spoiler:

you had the varia suit when fighting mr. last boss in Metroid Fusin, correct?

You can correct me if I'm wrong, I don't rightly remember.  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2003, 03:56:09 AM »
They should call it Metroid Chewing Gum. You view the game through some chewing gum on the ground, you cant move because chewing gum cant move, and you just see whatever is in front of you, and just hope that maybe Samus or some metroids pass by to keep things intense. Maybe they could include a co-op multiplayer mode, where each player is a piece of chewing gum on different sides of a room, and you have staring contests, or play i-spy-with-my-little-eye. Genious, i hope your reading this Nintendo.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2003, 12:01:38 PM »
I know it won't be called Metroid Prime 2, but that being the tentative title suggests that it will come after Metroid Prime. . . the ending of Metroid Prime (on 100%) certainly suggests a sequel.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2003, 12:08:59 PM »
KnowsNothing: If Samus is going to fuse with any X viruses, she would need the Fusion suit. She can't fuse with any other suit.

Hostile: It probably will be called Metroid Prime 2, to signify that it's a sequal to Metroid Prime[ specifically rather than another full entry in the series.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline iTZKooPA

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2003, 12:56:10 PM »
theres some thinking that their might be multiplayer support (wierd eh) and some other actuall concreate facts i read somewhere else
-KooPA

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2003, 04:11:06 PM »
The Metroid games have never been about multiplayer.  It goes against the very nature of the game and I simply have no interest in it.  Hmmm, co-op may be interesting though.   Imagine a scenario (A purely hypothetical one based on no facts whatsoever)  in which Samus activates some sort of miniature flying robot droids.  Now imagine that the second, third and fourth players could control them to survey an area, search for secrets, provide cover fire or even activate otherwise unreachable switches.   It's far out there, I know but I think that could be pretty cool.
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
Zelda has always been a single player game, but The 4 Swords was an *extremely* fun game.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2003, 06:09:52 PM »
As long as the multiplayer is original and fun, and not standard FPS-type multiplayer, I think it would be fun. Co-op would be awesome too.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2003, 07:37:43 PM »
If memory serves, there were those who were skeptical that Metroid being done in first person would doom it. Whatever new twist they put in Metroid Prime 2, I'm confident that Retro will do it tastefully.

Interesting is the fact that while Nintendo's other franchises have 'families' to them (Mario and Luigi and Co., Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Various other Races, the Star Fox crew, Kirby and that mouse, etc..) Metroid simply had 2 factions: Samus and the enemy. I would welcome the chance for a 3rd faction, whether be it friendly, neutral or hostile to Samus.

Multiplayer? Its as simple as turning auto aim off, no biggie, just gotta learn to aim.
Perhaps an optional Co-op LAN? That would spice things up if you have the gear.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa