Author Topic: Metroid Prime General Help  (Read 13004 times)

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime General Help
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2003, 03:59:17 PM »
oooh!
what about pirate logs, chozo lore and research?
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline DRJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime General Help
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2003, 07:41:22 AM »
Just items. There are 99 items/upgrades one percent each, + one percent for completing all of them for 100% (I assume that you get 1% for having all 99 since I was at 98% and picked up my last item and went up to 100).

3 Weapons
charge beam
4 Missle combos
50 Missles (1 + 49 expansions)
14 Energy tanks
2 Visors
4 Power bombs (1 + 3 expansions)
morph ball
spider ball
boost ball
morph ball bombs
3 suits
grappling hook
space jump
12 artifacts

99 items = 100% (Phazon suit is an item but doesnt count towards percent completed until the end I suppose)

If you get all the items minus 1 you will be at 98% and the last item will bump you up to 100%
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2003, 12:54:47 AM »
ahhhhh

cooolies.

Offline Swordsplay

• Burninating the country side
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2003, 08:00:01 AM »
I think the best weapon to use against Omega Pirate in hard mode is the flame thrower, it burns his health away really fast but sucks up missiles, so make sure you have a ton of missiles when you do it.  I suggest having all 250 missiles when going against him, you need them desperately to power your flamethrower, as for the plasma armor, dont wast missiles, use a charged up plasma cannon attack, it distroyes his plama armor in 1 or 2 hits.  
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-quote by manunited4eva22-
Would you like to spam some more with some blankety blank blank blank?
-end quote-

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2003, 06:10:18 PM »
plasma armour?

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2003, 08:36:27 PM »
phazon armor actually
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2003, 01:07:35 AM »
that makes more sense

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2003, 05:44:46 AM »
*****IF YOUR NOT AT THE END OF THE GAME YET, THIS IS A SPOILER, OTHERWISE, IT ISN'T*****

With metroid prime on hard mode, dont use the flamethrower, prime will knock the crap out of you.  Just used charged up shots.  Wavebuster, icespreader, super missiles, and charged up plasma beam shots work best on her, and will kill her the fastest.  As for the second form, just double jump over her quake attacks and pound away.

*****END OF POSSIBLE SPOILER*****
Swordsplay, the great and cool almighty quote giver.  Ask and then you shall receive.  

-end quote-

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2003, 12:41:50 AM »
You know, I was thinking the same thing.
Why, and how would the flamethrower be of any benefit to you, since it has such a short range.
And that Hyper Mode is pretty cool on the final form of Metroid Prime.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2003, 04:22:41 AM »
If your having trouble with meta ridley on normal or hard mode, he (in my opinion) is the second hardest boss (the hardest being omega pirate).

While hes flying,just simply use and only use charged up plasma beam shots on his chest, don't waste your missiles, you are going to need every last one of them when his wings burn off.

When his wings burn off, equip the wavebuster and when he opens his mouth , use the wavebuster combo on him (located in chozo ruins, tower of light), which is a infinite stream of eletrical energy that drains your missiles, all you have to do is fire the wavebuster combo until you run out of missiles.  Depending on how many missiles you have, it will deplete his health dramatically or kill him without him moving a muscle or inflicting even 1 energy point of damage.  If he is still alive, and your out of missiles, everytime he opens his mouth fire charged up plasma shots in his mouth by dodging out of the was as much as possible, also keep your distance, otherwise he will turn around very quickly and hit you with his tail.  This is the easiest way I found on to  defeat him.

-end quote-

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2003, 07:55:55 PM »
I've heard that the plasma beam burns his wings away faster so he lands sooner.  My opinion is that he is much harder on the ground.  If use a different beam he will stay up in the air longer which gives you less health to remove when he is on the ground.  That's just what I've heard.

Offline Swordsplay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2003, 05:29:41 AM »
-quote-

If your having trouble with meta ridley on normal or hard mode, he (in my opinion) is the second hardest boss (the hardest being omega pirate).

While hes flying,just simply use and only use charged up plasma beam shots on his chest, don't waste your missiles, you are going to need every last one of them when his wings burn off.

When his wings burn off, equip the wavebuster and when he opens his mouth , use the wavebuster combo on him (located in chozo ruins, tower of light), which is a infinite stream of eletrical energy that drains your missiles, all you have to do is fire the wavebuster combo until you run out of missiles. Depending on how many missiles you have, it will deplete his health dramatically or kill him without him moving a muscle or inflicting even 1 energy point of damage. If he is still alive, and your out of missiles, everytime he opens his mouth fire charged up plasma shots in his mouth by dodging out of the was as much as possible, also keep your distance, otherwise he will turn around very quickly and hit you with his tail. This is the easiest way I found on to defeat him.

-end quote-

You could use the ice spreader while hes in the air, but my strategy (listed above) seems to be the quickest, safest, and not to mention easiet way ive found so far.

-end quote-

Offline The Chosen One

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2003, 07:36:13 AM »
alright, i've been playing prime for quite a while now.  and i have 98% of the game finished. the thing is i can't find the last missle exspansion...i even bought the guide and i can't find it.and its making me crazy. so if anyone could just post the exspansion that most people forgot to get then that would really make my day. peace out
"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

mr. Garrison

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2003, 08:00:47 AM »
The one that stumped me was the one in the tree stump in the main hub of Chozo Ruins(the one where the plated beetle appears later in the game)...Did you get that one?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline The Chosen One

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2003, 09:40:32 AM »
yeah i got that one...i've been everywhere and i can't find the darn thing. thx for trying to help me though.

mr. Garrison

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2003, 02:49:14 AM »
These are the ones that had me kicking myself in the ass:

Magmoor Mines
In the huge room where the floor is a grated and underneath are those plated beetles that can only be killed with a power bomb (Choclytes or something). Use your X-Ray Scanner on those rock pillars and you will see it. Use the super missile to blow it up and get it!

Phendrana Drifts
Go to the room where you get the gravity suit. Up on the roof should be a grapple hook thingy. Use the grapple beam and swing to this small alcove in the roof. Blow it up first.

In the Phendrana Shorelines, there's a rock pillar near the save room with a ice block alcove behind it. Melt it and there's the missile expansion.

In Ice Ruins East or west, and look around for a spider ball track hidden in the dark behind a wall. Go up it and i theres a missle expansion there too.

In one of the upper parts of a research labs, there is a cordite pillar. You know what to do with it

Also in the reseach labs, there is a rail track that you have to jump up, use morphball and follow to the end to get an expansion.

Phazon Mines
In the room near the Omega Pirate boss, blow up the blue containment cell  to find an expansion.

Go out of this area and you'll be in the cavern corridor full of phazon mushrooms, etc. Right underneath the door, use a super power bomb to blow a hole in the floor.

Go to Metroid Quarantine A (the room with the floating platforms you can only see with X-ray scanners). If you go to the rock platform right next to the spiderball track that leads UP to the red door, you'll notice that its quite a dark corner. Use a power bomb to blow up the wall next to the spiderball track, blow up the next wall, and spiderball up to the expansion!

These ones i remember cause they are the ones that frustrated me the most. I now have 100% (finally!!), and I just beat Meta-ridley (i'm doing hard mode), so all i need to do now is beat Prime, and I'm done!
Hope that helped!

Offline The Chosen One

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2003, 12:43:04 PM »
yeah i finally got the stupid thing it was the one in the reseach lab hydra.  the one in the cordite shell, i thought in had it already...(i felt so stupid.).  anyway tis time i beat it with 250 missiles. the extra ending is tight man...thx to all u guys for trying to help.

mr. Garrison

Offline Gamebasher

• Flaming the competition...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2004, 10:27:39 AM »
DRJ, thanks for your most excellent guide to beating the Omega Pirate. I gave up playing the game alltogether, after trying to beat him 20 times, just like Molobert. I had him down to a fraction of his energy left, when the other pirates just sat on the walls and bombarded me with shots and I couldnĀ“t evade them because Samus runs too slow (she canĀ“t dash, aparently) and when trying to charge supercombos to shoot them down I was stopped in that too because of the merciless fire from the smaller pirates or the Omega Pirate. So I got so freaked out over having come this far, and being unable to progress or go back that I ditched the game! There is no way that we can know certain things or secrets about a gameĀ“s bosses so whatĀ“d we do when it becomes so frustrating that itĀ“s hopeless? Quit playing!

What should I do about the smaller pirates, that are so damn annoying?

Thanks if you reply to this one!
Nintendo is the originator of videogame innovation! The Great Mover of the Industry. Past, present and future. Rightfully, the King of Videogaming!

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2004, 07:54:32 PM »

Originally posted by: DRJ
Just items. There are 99 items/upgrades one percent each, + one percent for completing all of them for 100% (I assume that you get 1% for having all 99 since I was at 98% and picked up my last item and went up to 100).

3 Weapons
charge beam
4 Missle combos
50 Missles (1 + 49 expansions)
14 Energy tanks
2 Visors
4 Power bombs (1 + 3 expansions)
morph ball
spider ball
boost ball
morph ball bombs
3 suits
grappling hook
space jump
12 artifacts

99 items = 100% (Phazon suit is an item but doesnt count towards percent completed until the end I suppose)

If you get all the items minus 1 you will be at 98% and the last item will bump you up to 100%

I am nearing my wit's end here.  I've started playing this game over again on Hard mode and trying to get 100% items.  I'm stuck at 98% and don't know what I'm missing.

I have 250 missles, 14 energy tanks, 7 power bombs, and everything listed above.  I am still stuck at 98%.  What am I missing?
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2004, 09:32:34 AM »
Do you have the wavebuster (Chozo Ruins), flamethrower (Phazon Mines), and the ice spreader (Magmoor Caverns)?

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2004, 12:36:13 PM »
Yeah, I found out that there are actually 8 powerbombs -- 1 + 4 upgrades.

I finally got both 100% items and 100% Log!
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline FaceLeSs

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2004, 08:43:06 PM »
Yea i just started today trying to get 100% creature logs. Every time i tried to do it i would forget one of those creatures that you can only get once. So here i am at thardus with 100% so far i think. Any suggestions to make this easier getting all the scan logs?