Author Topic: Metroid Prime General Help  (Read 13103 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime General Help
« on: April 10, 2003, 10:19:09 AM »
Lots of threads still coming up for Metroid Prime.  Let's keep new questions here.        
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline bearski1891

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 08:27:39 AM »
ok im in need of help of really good metroid prime players. I beat the first mission easily but i am stuck on tallon overworld. i cant do anything because everythings is malfuntioned. how dob i get my stuff back? im missing missles, power suit, morph ball, charge beam, about everything. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you for listening to my rants.
Refurbished Gamecube: $80, 3 Awesome Games: $90, 1 controller: $20, selling ur sucky n64 to get a new console: PRICELESS!!!!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 10:13:14 AM »
Stop panicking.  I just had to delete a couple duplicate posts from you.  Being stuck doesn't give you the right to flood the forums.

Anyways, you've apparently never played a Metroid game before, because you ALWAYS start out with little more than a gun and have to find your items scattered throughout the planet.  Keep exploring and you'll find your items, but realize that this game doesn't have "stages".  You need to use the items you have to open new areas throughout the map, and you'll see a lot of spots along the way that you can't reach without the proper equipment.  Move on, and come back when you've got the goods.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline bearski1891

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 08:28:39 AM »
i already got the things i needed. i dont think i "flooded the forums." ive only made 3 posts and a private message. i figured it out myself and i wasnt panicking.
thank you for listening to my rants.
Refurbished Gamecube: $80, 3 Awesome Games: $90, 1 controller: $20, selling ur sucky n64 to get a new console: PRICELESS!!!!

Offline andy-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 11:57:43 AM »
i need help with the space pirate metroid facilitie  im stuck after you get the thermal visor

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 01:39:31 PM »
you need to go back to the room with the raisable water, and look for a door you haven't used yet...
and don't forget to use recently acquired items...

Offline andy-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 04:59:43 PM »
thanx

Offline alky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 06:53:47 PM »
ok

here's a problem for the most hardcore metroid prime players (well i'd assume so!)

I finished the game scanning like 71% of stuff.. missing heaps of "red-entry" scans (the things you only have one chance to scan)

so i thought i'd do it again whilst playing it in hard mode also

now i've got 93% scanned, using a guide to not miss any red entries, i have all chozo artifacts and i'm about to face meta ridley... he's the third last red entry, metroid prime being the last 2.

I have all pirate and chozo lore/data, and i've worked out that i only need a couple more creatures... i'm pretty sure i know what i'm doing.

"small missile ammo"
"medium missile ammo"
"????"
"power ball ammo"

all guides i've read that list research scans have everything that I have, and only have "missile ammo" listed, not the different sizes.

to me, the list implies that there'd be a large missile ammo, but i don't think i've ever, ever seen one. and this is my second completion of the game.

so what is this scan??

anyone that can help, thank you!

Offline Lumas Etima

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2003, 05:13:27 AM »
Are you in the UK?  I remember hearing that the Europe version of MP had some enhancements, and I'm wondering if missile ammo sizes is one of them.  Because my US version is just one missile ammo size.

Offline CtrlAltDestroy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 05:32:47 AM »
I have some clarifications to add to your 'red entry' guide. I came here from Gamefaqs.com.

1. Ice parasites: Your list says that these only appear in the temple, and vanish after you get the wave beam. However, I found more of them in the Frozen Pike on the way to the gravity chamber. You probably would want to mention this. Those vanish too after you get the gravity suit.

2. Aqua drones: Just to varify. There are only 2 of these in the entire game. They are found in the Biohazard Containment room in the crashed frigate. However, once they're dead, they're dead. If you go so far as the Hydro access tunnel, they are replaced by Aqua Reapers.

3. Grapple points: You should probably mention the fact that scanning the grapple points don't count until you get your grapple beam. Unless, of corse, you scan one of them in the demo level, in the Riddly room.

That is all!
Other cool forums:
vgmusic.com
techsupportguy.com

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime General Help
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 06:56:51 PM »
has anyone completed the game with 100%.  I finished it the first time and i got something like 85%.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 10:56:45 AM »
I was considering trying, but I beat it the first time around on vacation in Florida, where I had an actually good television.  Now I have a really dark one, so I couldn't see half the game with it.  Thus, no 100%.  I heard what happened; kind of corny, but also very cool.  I won't tell if you don't know (and I'm sure that there are some that don't), but I can show you where to find it, or I could tell you or whatever.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 05:45:40 PM »
I think i do know. Isn't it a different movie or something?  I only heard that this morning.

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 04:59:26 AM »
If you beat it with 100% you get an extra 30 seconds of footage or so. I just beat it yesterday on Hard with 100%. The hardest boss for me was the Omega Pirate.

Spoiler Warning:
The ending for 100% will do everything the same as the other endings. After Samus flies away you see a pool of phazon. Then a hand pops out that looks like the suit that MP ripped off of you at the end. Then there is an eye in the palm of the hand. The End.

Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 07:31:51 AM »
That's it.  The alternate ending.  Prime 2 could be very interesting.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline ReallyScrued

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2003, 08:28:57 AM »
i need help with metroid prime in hard mode, i got 100% everything, scanned everything...such a cheater, i used a guide, i beat it the first time around by myself, now im hard and i need to beat metroid prime for the last image gallery and the extra ending. i really need help with metroid prime 1st mode, i havent even gotten to the second mode on hard...i beat everyone else seamlessly. man i hate this...help plz?
ScrUed

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 07:38:24 AM »
Omega Pirate was the hardest one for me on hard mode. For Metroid Prime on hard mode, basically the idea is not to get hit. He has a pattern that you just have to get used to and you should be able to beat him without taking too much damage. Dont go for the fast kill, 'cause this is gonna take a while. Take your time and follow these steps.

Part I - Damaging MP

He's going to swich colors, and you can only damage him with the corrosponding weapon.

When he is yellow hit him with super missiles.

When he is purple hit him with charges shots. Dont use the wave beam missle combo since it uses too many missiles and doesnt do enough danage.

When he is red hit him with single shots. Charged shots tend to miss. Also make sure you are close enough to hit him since the range is limitted.

When he is white hit him with the ice bean missile combo. He will be frozen, follow up with a charged shot.

Repeat this until he goes down.

Part II - Avoiding Damage

MP has only a few attacks which are easily avoided, once you know how.

He will shoot a lazer beam out of his mouth (different for each color, but dodge the same). When he goes to shoot just double jump out of the way or dash. Then let him have it. The beam will not move so once you dodge it you are safe for a while.

He will shoot a barrage of missles at you. Just dash to one side, of get closer to him since they will just go over your head.

He will shoot two orbs at you. Destroy these no matter what. If they hit you they will cause a lot of damage and stum you for a while so you get hit even worse by MP. Use charged shots with all weapons except the plasma gun, just use single shots for it. Collect the power ups.

He will also do a charge attack. If you see it coming roll up and get in the trench, if not dont worry, this does little damage.

Repeat Repeat Repeat.

The most important this is patience. This fight will take a while, dont rush it and get hit. Also do not get hit by the plasma lazer beam he shoots out. It does tons of damage.

Good luck

The second form is much easier.

Ice beam to freeze the metroids and metroid hunters them kill them with a missile. When he starts releasing the ones that can only be effected by one weapon (I forget their name) just use a super bomb. MP only has one attack, a shock wave type thing, easy to jump over, even easier to double jump over.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 09:06:13 PM »
I need some help. I'm on hard mode in Metroid Prime and have been stuck at Omega Pirate for a very long time I have tried at least 15-20 times to beat him, but the pools of phazon and space pirates always screw me up. Oh and is beating it 100% worth it? (no spoilers please), and does it matter whether you do it on hard or easy mode? -Thanks

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 04:50:08 AM »
Getting 100% is worth it, you do get a longer ending that sets up the next game. Hard mode and Normal mode are the same.

Omega Pirate is the hardest guy in the game, at least he was for me. There are three things yuo have to do to defeat him:

1) Dont get hit by Omega Pirate
2) Dont get hit by Omega Pirate

This next one is the most important

3)Dont get hit by Omega Pirate

Sounds easy right, well its not so get ready to die a few more times.

He has three attacks.

If you are too close he will reach out and smack the living sh1t out of you. Dont get close, this does tons of damage. If you are mid range away from him he will do his wave quake, just double jump over it. If you are far away he will shoot missiles at you, just dash left or right to avoid them, dont get hit as these do tons of damage.

When he is not shooting he will absorb all your attacks, his hand will have glowing circular rings so you know what he is doing, dont shoot, just wait. You have to take out the four phazon parts of him (two shoulders and two knees). It will take two super missile shots each, so dont even bother. Just use the plazma gun and shoot single shots at him. stay in the mid range area so he just does his quake wave. And just keep plucking away. Take your time so you dont get hit. If you get to close roll up into a ball and boost away. Lay a power bomb if you have one to slow him down. It wont do much damage, but he will stop and hop on one leg like he is hurt.

When you take out the last phazon part of him he will turn invisible and two pirates will pop out. You have some time before Omega Pirate is visible again, so quickly take out the pirates. After they are defeated collect any power ups and put on the x-ray visor. Omega Pirate will be in one of the pools of phazon recharging himself. If you are fast you can hit him twice with a super missile, then he will go to another pool of phazon, hit him twice more. If you are slow you not get all four hits on him. It took me six super missiles, one charged shot and one single missle to defeat him. If you are fast you can defeat him in two rounds, if you are slow it will take 3, if you are really slow, you will probably be dead.

After he recharges you will have to start all over destroying the four phazon parts of him again. Do the same as before. This time there will be 3 pirates attacking you. Pick one and destroy it, then ignore the other two. Target the Omega Pirate as before, and jump around to avoid the other pirates. If you dont defeat the Omega Pirate this round just attack him as normal, ignoring the other pirates. The Omega Pirtates wave attack will kill them for you (just make sure there are no pirates hanging from the wall, shoot them down so they get hit by the wave.

After you destroy all the phazon parts again this time there will be four pirates attacking you. Ignore them all completely. Take out the Omega Pirate with super missiles and this time he sould be defeated. All the other pirates will dissapear when you go to the cut scene.

If you run out of missiles use charged shots or single plazma shots. You can also use a super bomb if you time it right, but on hard mode there isnt enough time. You have to get close lay a regular bomb and then lay a super bomb in mid air. This is very hard, so I wouldnt bother.

After you defeat him, go back and save.

Good luck, this was the hardest battle for me. I was very pleased when I finally defeated him.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 02:24:24 PM »
Thanks for the help DRJ. When/if I ever beat him I think I will actually jump for joy.  

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime General Help
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2003, 06:08:48 PM »
(I'm putting this in this thread because it's in Metroid Prime.)
In the original NES Metroid (which I'm having a lot of fun with) your health isn't refilled when you start. At least mine isn't. I always start with 30. Doesn't matter how many sub–tanks I have, it's always 30. Is there a password to have full health when you start? I don't want invincibility, just full health. Oh and I just got a new item from a Chozo statue and I don't know what it is or what it does. It was the first one I got after the super–jump boots.  
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2003, 09:15:41 PM »
I have a question about Metroid Prime - I will soon start my third game to try to get 100%, but is the ending/bonus for it different if you play in hard mode rather than easy mode? Thanks

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2003, 07:33:46 AM »
The ending doesnt matter what difficulty. Only percent. Also scans dont count towards your percent so you dont have to get them all unless you really want to.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2003, 08:56:11 PM »
really?
if the scans don't count to getting 100%, then what does?
I mean, is it just Pirate Logs, Reserch, Chozo Lore and Creatures then?
I hope you're not kidding.....or maybe you're talking about the US version and in the PAL version we DO have to scan everything...........
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2003, 07:34:39 AM »
The percent completion only counts items. You have to get all the misile upgrades, power bombs etc. but no scans.