Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1193127 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #775 on: October 04, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
I like those shows, other than The Simpsons, it's just that none of them were particularly funny last night.

Famiily Guy has had some episodes that were hilarious like PTV, American Dad has had lots of laughs and Cleveland show has been sorta funny at times too, but last night was just disappointing. For the most part theyh just need to be highly entertaining even if not funny and I was just not feeling most of the 1st 2 shows and enjoyed the 3rd.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 04, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Just finished the last episode of Family Guy, and I can safely say that I can place this episode right up there with Saw 6 under "entertainment" I find offensively bad.  Episodes like this remind me of the South Park episode "All About the Mormons", which spent a great deal of time making fun of the wacky history of my ancestry...and then actually ended with a very fair and balanced view of the matter.  I don't like South Park as a show (I just don't find its sense of humor altogether funny most of the time), but that show at least can sometimes leave off with a good message.  This episode just makes me...angry, as it was nothing but a platform for the show's creators to spout off on just how much they hate Conservatives.  And it wasn't even funny!  How do you do a show featuring Brian taking on Rush Limbaugh and not make it funny?!  ARGH!

Oh yeah, and Eureka Season 4 ended well, somehow managing to (thankfully) avoid performing the universal Reset it threatened so hard to do.  And somehow Star Wars: The Clone Wars managed to have an episode featuring Greedo and a George Lucas stand-in in a canteena and somehow not do a "Han shoots first" joke.  FAIL!
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »
Oh yeah, and Eureka Season 4 ended well

It's only a mid-season break.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #778 on: October 04, 2010, 11:50:54 PM »
How do you do a show featuring Brian taking on Rush Limbaugh and not make it funny?!  ARGH!

By doing what they did, basically spend the whole episode praising Limbaugh. I was hoping they would make fun of him and conservatives (especially since Seth is a proud liberal).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
They had to write an episode Limbaugh was willing to appear in.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #780 on: October 05, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »
Limbaugh also appeared in the hour-long episode "Blue Harvest" (which was the FG version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 05, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
Did anyone watch the season openeer to Dexter sunday b4 last?

such a missed opportunity for a Six Feet Under reference by using the other brother from that show as the funeral director.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #782 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!!!

It's gonna be a good season, though. However, it's going to be damn hard to top last season.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »
Limbaugh also appeared in the hour-long episode "Blue Harvest" (which was the FG version of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope).

I loved that cameo; it was a really funny little non sequitur joke.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT!!!

It's gonna be a good season, though. However, it's going to be damn hard to top last season.

"I'm sorry for your loss"

would have been so perfect and would've brought such a smile to my face, regardless of how sad that scene was supposed to be.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 05, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
How do you do a show featuring Brian taking on Rush Limbaugh and not make it funny?!  ARGH!

By doing what they did, basically spend the whole episode praising Limbaugh. I was hoping they would make fun of him and conservatives (especially since Seth is a proud liberal).

Were we watching the same episode?  :Q   There were loads of insults and insinuations aimed at Republicans and Rush in that episode.  They just weren't funny.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 06, 2010, 04:06:44 AM »
Supernatural Season 1 - Good Television

Not every episode was the best but almost all were really entertaining. This is a show I wanted to watch when it started (during s5 of Smallville, and I know this because the actor from Smallville stars on this show) but I had a full load of shows to watch back then and my VHS tape could only handle so many recordings at a time (1, it could handle one recording at a time, it was a freakin VHS tape. Gimme a break, I didn't get my DVR box until 2006). But this show has been great so far, ghost, spirits, demons, possessions, magic, good, evil, life, death, humor and violence. what's not to like about this show? & Holy **** at the ending of the season. My Jaw dropped because it caught me off guard. Can't wait to see how season 2 starts.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 06, 2010, 11:35:43 AM »
That has got to be one of the best season enders ever for TV history, or at least from what I've watched.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 06, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
That has got to be one of the best season enders ever for TV history, or at least from what I've watched.

Whats sucks is that after watching the season 2 opener I realize that it was all for nothing. It could have all been avoided and they could have ended up with the same result and had that demon dead. Sam will probably not know the truth for a while, but Dean knows since the dad whispered something in his ear(I assume that's the logical conclusion to make after finding out what the dad did to save him - and the secret about Dean being a chosen baby or something. I've only seen s2e1 so far.)

I really hope s2 is as good or better than s1. I caught a few eps from last season and that's what prompted me to finally start watching this show, but I doubt that really spoiled anything since there are 3 seasons I missed inbetweenlots of story to catch up on before knowing about being the Devil's vessel.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #789 on: October 06, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »
I watched last night's episode of Glee, called "Grilled Cheesus" (it refers to a grilled cheese sandwich that Finn makes that has a image of Jesus burned into it). Not one of the best episodes IMO. It had some pretty good songs, like Finn singing "Losing My Religion" and the entire New Directions club performing "One of Us", but I was not a big fan of the religion themed episode. I did enjoy the storyline of Kurt and his father. Brittany had yet another memorable quote when she asked if God was a evil dwarf (it came after someone asked Kurt why he didn't believe in God and he basically responded that there is no proof it exists and said "You can't prove that there isn't a magic teapot floating around the dark side of the moon with a dwarf inside of it that reads romance novels and shoots lightning bolts out of its boobs, but it seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?").

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #790 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
My wife and I have been watching Glee since the beginning, and we've both agreed that the show has gone steadily downhill since...well, the first episode. First they started hitting us with these really emotionally-driven storylines like with Kurt and his dad. Then the lead singer woman started becoming THE MOST IRRITATING PERSON ON THE PLANET, then these themed episodes. Madonna was bad enough, but Lady Gaga? Brittney? Religious songs?

It's like they're running out of ideas in the second season.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 08, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »
Supernatural: s2 - Prankster ep

This is by far the funniest episode of the series so far. The dynamic between the 2 brothers is always humorous, and Dean is always making small jokes, but the way he describes whats going on in this episode was just LOL. When Sam described it, it seemed so normal, nothing out of the ordinary, but when Dean starts talking, the whole situation is out of control. His whole portrayal of Sam had me laughin my ass off and I seriously hope they do more episodes like that.

-Supernatural marathon continues.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 09, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
Supernatural Season 2 - more great television!

If you are into anything that the name suggest, this is such a good show. Once again, not every episode is the best, but it's all handled very well and the special effects are pretty damn good for being television. The last ep got a little emotional at end, but things are looking good moving forward.

On to Season 3 now as the Supernatural marathon continues.

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
I watched bad universe episode 2.  This one deals with extraterrestrial attacks.  It had some cool stuff and some disappointments.  It was necessarily much more speculative than the last episode, but I don't think he adequately explained the issues with his arguments and I anticipate a lot of objections to his characterization of interstellar travel. 

For one thing, I do not think he adequately explained the flaws in the Drake equation (we only have wild guesses for most of the numbers, making any conclusion totally meaningless).  I also don't think E. coli was a good choice at all as an example of a bacteria to smash into the ground.  On the other hand, I am glad he talked about the experiments with exposing bacteria and tardigrades to extended period of time in space (having a bacteria survive in space is okay, but having an animal able to survive is pretty amazing, plus they're my second favorite animal :) ). 

The last two segments are the best, but I think he explained the scenario von Neuman probes much better in his book.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 09, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
The thing with Supernatural is that I thought it just kept on getting better, and better, season after season. The last season (in regards to how the creator originally intended it to end, so basically the 5th season) pretty much does not have much filler episodes, and even any filler episodes in this series tend to be good to great.

By the way, season 3 is shorter because of the writers strike at the time.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: October 09, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
Personally I have always preferred the "Monster of the Week" episodes in Supernatural, and there are some real doozies coming up for you, BnM.

Some of my favorites:
The Bank Job
Dean's unlucky day
Dean is scared
Ghostfacers
Old time monster movie
Scarecrow

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 09, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
The Hoodoo Rabbits Foot episode was f***in HILARIOUS.
even better than the Trixter episode.

Dean is crackin me up with all the movie references and just generally being Mr. Macho Man's Man.

Also the british chick in the red the episode after than is soo fine. Makes me think of what Lindsey Lohan should have grown up to look like if she hadn't wrecked herself in the meantime.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:49:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 09, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 10, 2010, 12:04:11 AM »
If it's hotties, these 2 are may favs:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1775214/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3004295/

I'm not into blondes, but it seems like there is always a hottie of the week.
Like Dean's baby mama and the werewolf chick.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 12, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »
Supernatural Season 3 & 4

OMG no more filler eps that aren't trixter related please!!!!
Monster Movie and GhostChasers made me want to skip to the next episode so many times.
Everything pushing the story forward is gold, and the monster of the week fillers are ok, but the silly themed or filler eps that aren't Trixter related have got to go. GhostChasers are cringeworth and the Monster Movie B&W episode was horrible.

But I'm into s5 now and there are a few eps from this season I've already watched when they aired like the the TV show parody episode (L.O.L.), so I'm really looking forward to this season and the 3 episodes this new season that have aired so far.

back to my Supernatural marathon...