Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186168 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #525 on: July 10, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »
Eureka's back. Oh man, what a great episode.

What!! were were all the ads? all I've seen advertised was Warehouse 13 and that got me thinking about Eureka. I was starting to think that it got quietly canceled.

edit: Are there any other good shows coming back for a summer run?
I just got a new DVR box (free for a whole year again) and had to reprogram everything.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:07:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 10, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »

What!! were were all the ads? all I've seen advertised was Warehouse 13 and that got me thinking about Eureka. I was starting to think that it got quietly canceled.

edit: Are there any other good shows coming back for a summer run?
I just got a new DVR box (free for a whole year again) and had to reprogram everything.

Well, you already mentioned it, but Warehouse 13 is an enjoyable show returning for the Summer.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 10, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »

What!!

I was just as surprised as you when I saw it listed yesterday on EZTV.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 10, 2010, 04:00:50 PM »
I've never watched Warehouse 13, but maybe I'll play some catch up on s1 and start s2 too.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »
Heroes Season 1:  3 Stars

I enjoyed it, but it started to get bogged down at the end as more and more characters were introduced that I really didn't care about.

I've heard that the other seasons aren't worth watching because the show quickly becomes a mess.  Is this true?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »
Yes. Season 2 is virtually unwatchable, as is Season 3. I then completely tuned out, haven't looked back, and have't regretted it.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2010, 04:10:01 PM »
Heroes Season 1:  3 Stars

I enjoyed it, but it started to get bogged down at the end as more and more characters were introduced that I really didn't care about.

I've heard that the other seasons aren't worth watching because the show quickly becomes a mess.  Is this true?

It's not worth going any further if that's how you feel about s1. s2 is pointless and s3 isn't much better(until near the end, then it gets bad again at the end). s4 I finished only because I knew it had to end soon and wanted to see how they concluded it.

It was a show that had lots of potential in the beginning and then nosedived off a high cliff into a shallow pool.

In other words, don't bother, there are much better shows on TV to catch up on.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2010, 04:19:59 PM »
I have to echo everyone else's sentiments.  I watched the first 2.5 seasons of Heroes, and the first one is easily the best.   Then the show just plunges into the depths of Total Suck and never emerges again.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »
Just watched SGU Time. Holy hell that was brutal and is some of the best Sci-fi I have ever seen. I went back several times just to watch Chole die by bug. It's easily the strongest first season episode of any sci-fi. I would expect to see such a awesome episode at the end of a series.

The Rush/Eli combo continues to really carry the show through the rough spots like water/earth. I really like Greer.

It really is one of the best episodes Stargate, over the entire franchise, has produced.

The sad thing being that because its science fiction it's going to be ignored, and because its Stargate it's going to be avoided, so no emmies or awards.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #534 on: July 15, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »
The same thing happened with the different Star Trek series. There were several episodes (especially TNG) that were worthy of awards, but didn't get them (people were shocked when the final season of TNG had several Emmy nominees, mainly because it was a syndicated show). The Stargate franchise has existed for over 15 years, but barely gets any mainstream attention.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »
I am only through disc 2, but I am watching the first season of the current Doctor Who series. The episodes are not that bad, but I can't stand Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, David Tennant was so much better.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 18, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »
Heroes was originally designed to be a one season story.  That is why the first season is good and the show drops like a rock right after.

Once it became super popular the studio basically forced it to keep going.  I read that the writers wanted to come up with a new group of Heroes for season 2  but the studio basically said "No, people like these characters so find a way to use them again."

This really helps you understand why season 2 was so ****ty Peter was supposed to die.  Sylar was supposed to die.  Peter's brother was supposed to die.  Instead in season two they need to "explain" how everyone miraculously survived and they need to find ways  to depower both Sylar and Peter because they are invincible as well as write in the other characters in whatever way possible.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:52:14 PM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »
True Blood s3

The Cliffhanger endings with the scene skip continuations are really killing this show for me.
It's still very entertaining, but I HATE how they have a huge build up cliffhanger ending to each episode, and then the conflict is over and everyone is onto the next scene when the next episode starts.

It so fucking annoying. I wish they would quit it and stop cutting all the action.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
Yeah cliffhangers can be quite annoying. A lot of TV shows now are like that. It's pathetic.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
I don't mind cliffhangers too much (although I feel like killing network executives that cancel a show that ends on a cliffhanger and don't let them to a episode that concludes it). On a tangent, I hate the trend of shows to split up into two mini-seasons (i.e. South Park having one half in the spring and the other half in the fall, or Glee having the first half from September to November and having the second half from April to June).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »
It's not the cliffhanger ending that bother me, it's the scene skip continuations that do.

Sookie is in a Werebar and everyone is transforming including her friend that tells her to get out NOW!!! episode ends.
The following week, they are safely back at his house or driving to his house in the car.
WTF happened at the bar? How did they get out? Why isn't he transformed anymore? Where is that 2-5 minute scene that explains shows what happened between last week and now?

You can't cliff hang just before an action scene and then continue the next episode after the action scene you never shot. Thats Bullshit.
They've done it to every single episode this season so far and I HATE it. It needs to stop, it's ruining the flow of the show for me.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #541 on: July 26, 2010, 12:57:46 PM »
From what I have seen, most of the time that is done when the writers don't want to have to figure out a good way to resolve the situation.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #542 on: August 02, 2010, 09:53:28 PM »
Almost done with King of the Hill on Netflix. What a ridiculously good show.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2010, 10:17:48 PM »
Too bad you can only watch a small amount of the episodes on Netflix. The show was on for 13 seasons but Fox has only released the first six on DVD, the last release being back in May 2006 (season six included a flyer advertising season 7 on DVD, but Fox stopped due to low DVD sales). Cartoon Network airs two episodes every night on their Adult Swim programming block though.

I loved the show and was disappointed when Fox canceled it, I hoped another network would pick it up but I guess it was just too expensive since it was gonna be the 14th season.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:19:25 PM by TJ Spyke »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 02, 2010, 10:32:39 PM »
The whole series is available on Netflix Instant, even the seasons not out on DVD.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 03, 2010, 03:04:13 AM »
Sherlock 8/10.

If you've seen the recent Robert Downey Jr movie, this is NOTHING like that. Even though its a unbelievably short season at 3 episodes, each one is 90 mins each giving you enough time to get soaked into the story. Benedic Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman work great together to product such a subtle attraction between their chararcters.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #546 on: August 03, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
The whole series is available on Netflix Instant, even the seasons not out on DVD.

Really? I guess Fox figured it costs them $0 to put them up on Netflix and they apparently have no interest in releasing the last 7 seasons on DVD, so why not put them up for streaming.

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #547 on: August 04, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »
Yep, the entire series is up on Netflix. It's amazing.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 04, 2010, 01:17:03 AM »
That's one of the great things about Netflix Instant. They also have the show Coach, a personal favorite of mine, in its entirety, despite only the first three seasons being available on DVD.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 04, 2010, 02:06:55 PM »
And yet they only have the first two seasons of Dexter available for instant viewing.  :(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!