Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186190 times)

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2009, 06:23:07 PM »
NCIS Season 1- 9/10

This show is by far one of my favorites. It's just interesting! I've watched random episodes for along time but never watched it all the way through. I am going through all the old seasons on Netflix. Season 1 was great and established everything.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
I haven't really watched the 1st couple of seasons(I have caught random episodes though), but the 1st 2 seasons with Corte De Pablo (Ziva) is what got me watching the show. Tony Denozo was the real hook, but something about Ziva kept me watching.
I think I've seen pretty much every episode from s4 and up.

spoiler almost spoiled it for me at least, NCIS is a JAG spinoff

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »
Yeah, Ziva comes on Season 3 I think. Because you have Kate Todd (Sasha Alexander) in the first 2 seasons of the show. Denozo is great especially how he acts with Gibbs! Gotta love it!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »
I'm really late to the game on this one, but I've really been enjoying Arrested Development...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2009, 08:46:43 PM »
what season are you in?
I just re-watched the entire series with my girl a few months back and now we both look forward to watching the movie that should eventually come out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2009, 08:59:37 PM »
Watched a few odd episodes from who knows when on IFC.  They recently started the series over and I've just gotten into season 1.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »
Stop watching after season 1.  You'll thank me later.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2009, 03:58:58 AM »
^Don't listen to him.

watch and enjoy every episode.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 01, 2010, 04:51:38 AM »
Zorro - Season 2 - 7.5/10 - Ye Gods, what happened here?  It's ironic, but the strength of season 1 was that despite it having 2-3 distinct 13 arc storylines (the last 2 arcs are really one big 26-episode arc with a big subplot), the show was very tightly scripted and flowed well.  Season 2 drops the whole idea of set story arcs and just plays everything by ear with 1-4 episode stories of random interest, often having Zorro appear in an episode for no logical reason.  It often felt like half the episodes this season were about Zorro playing match-maker or match-breaker, and I'm sorry but I don't want my romantic cavalier swashbuckler wasting his time playing Cupid (I know that's ironic, but I'd rather have him taking down thieves and corrupt politicians).  Don Diego is more than capable of doing that.  What's worse, though, is that...she...appears in a 3-episode arc.  I am, of course, referring to that shrill harpy of the Disney family known as Annette Funnicello.  Now, maybe this is a skill she acquired later in life but the poor girl is just an abysmal actress in these episodes.  She shows up in one of the rare Season 3 episodes as well to stink up another 48 minutes of quality Zorro action.  Still a good season, and even the "Mountain Man" episodes (by far the lowest point of the season) are at worst average.

Zorro - "Season 3" - 8.5/10 - Well that's more like it.  Even though this final "season" of the show only consists of 4 hour-long episodes (which are really 8 half-hour episodes spliced together), 3/4 are excellent and classic Zorro action with opponents and situations worthy of the vigilante.  Even that last 1/4 is only bad when...she...is on-screen.  The stories flow well, the action is excellent, and the series goes out on a high note.  It even features Ricardo Montebahn in a rather suitable role foreshadowing his most famous one not too many years later.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 04:56:42 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »
speaking of old shows..remember FX?..no i don't mean their modern incarnation, i mean their original incarnation, which was sort of like TV land, but they picked shows like fantasy island, and a couple of other good old shows.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2010, 07:28:07 AM »
I just finished the 1st disc of Book 3 of Avatar: TLAB and I almost thought this show had lost most of what made it enjoyable. All of a sudden everything was all serious and and I was starting to lose interest. Then the Cave/bandana & Saka & the Sword Master episodes happened and everything was right in the world of Avatar again.

I love the bandana episode! Aang is such a little pimp. And don't let the "seriousness" get you down. For one, the finale is definitely worth it and two, the season still has its usual goofy episodes. In fact, there's one episode in particular that had me in tears (did I already say that?).

Anyway, how did you like season two? My favorite episode is "The Desert." That's the episode where Aang is furious that someone stole his bison all the while Soka and Momo are tripping balls off of peyote. How that episode could be so light hearted, yet serious is why I like Avatar in the first place.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
The Peyote episode was great. Saka and Momo had me rolling. I really hope M. Night captures all of this in the live action movie because this show is a little like that show Chuck, in that it has a little bit of everything all rolled into one great little package.

I've moved the rest of Avatar to the top of my queue, and the only thing that will interrupt me finishing s3 are New Releases. Depending on whats coming out on Tuesday, I should finish the series this week.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Doctor Who: The End of Time. GOODBYE DAVID TENNANT.

His final line pretty much summed up how i felt at the end of it: I don't want to go!

Matt Smith has massive boots to fill.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
Finished Season 3 of Bones a long time ago (Zach did it? Com'on.), and have started Season 4. Love this show. Love it SO MUCH.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »
The Goode Family - If you think of animated sitcoms as mathematical equations, then you get the formula animation + Situation * Comedy = show.  From here, the best way to describe "The Goode Family" is the inverse King of the Hill in both the situation and the comedy.  The show is still animated.
3/10
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
Better Off Ted

You all need to watch this show. It is HILARIOUS, nerdy, and corporate-based.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter (two episodes aired back-to-back) - 9.5/10 - This show just continues to get better, especially in Season 2 where it's really begun to shine.  The stories are well-written and acted, the action's well-staged and exciting, and the visuals are very nice (as usual).  One of the elements I was happy to see return came up in the 2nd episode: the continuing evolution of the clones as characters with identity and morality beyond the biological automaton pawns depicted in the prequel movies.  It's a shame that this show continues to air under the cloud of both being a product of the Star Wars prequels and a TV CG series, because this show is a worthy successor to Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
Avatar: The Last Air Bender - Book 3

What an incredible show. Have you ever been watching something so hard that you find yourself trying to watch harder, eyes wide open and you leaning forward as if to enter the TV because you are so into what you are watching? that was me during the final episode of this series. 10/10

Avatar: The Last Air Bender (The Entire Series)10/10

I couldn't recommend this more. The entire series was just great. You develop a connection with each and every character and everything is handled so well with a mix of everything and something for everyone. I feel that it could have been a little deeper, but you have to remember that this was a cartoon produced for Nickelodeon and is by far the most mature thing that has ever aired on the network. I really wish there was more as I would like to know what is next for Team Avatar, so now I really look forward to the live action movie, but it has a lot to live up to.
There is no way that they can capture this series in a 2 hour movie and make you feel as invested in the story and characters like I feel I am right now.

One thing though: I really wish that Katara and Toph and taught Aang how to blood bend and metal bend, or atleast have Katara blood bend Azula during the final fight. I would also like to know what happened to Azula after everything was said and done.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:48:49 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
My big complaint about the ending of Book 3 is that they knew the series was ending, yet they brought up the issue of Zuko's mother in the final minutes of the show without resolution.  We're never going to find out what happened to her now.  With the exception of that and the little bit of Deus Ex Machina the show pulls with Aang during the fight with Ozai, the show pretty much ended perfectly.

As for the 3 Live Action movies, I have absolutely no expectations of quality for them.  In fact, I'm assuming already that they're going to be crap, because they're directed by (and I'm sure I'm going to butcher his name) that hack M. Night Schylalaman.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
I'm glad you liked it BnM! how did you like the Ember Island Players? That episode cracks my **** up; sokka and toph especially

And Katara couldn't have bloodbended because it wasn't a full moon. Also if Aang knew how to metal bend, then Toph wouldn't be as cool as she is.

Broodwars: I don't have high expectations for the movie, but it's not because of M. Night. He is actually a great director but his storytelling sucks! Big difference. Also there is enough sprinkled in the series to know what happened to Zuko's mother. She was exiled and now he is going to find her.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
There needs to be one more episode, or maybe a new 2 hour(including commercial breaks) made for TV movie episode.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:47 PM »
Broodwars: I don't have high expectations for the movie, but it's not because of M. Night. He is actually a great director but his storytelling sucks!

That's the problem, though: as director, it is through his eyes that we see the movie.  Really, how long do you think we'll have to wait before we find out he's cast himself as Avatar Roku, or even Fire Lord Ozai (granted, the idea of seeing whatever kid they've cast as Aang beating the snot out of M. Night does hold some appeal)?  I just don't think he has the ego to distance himself from meddling with the storytelling.

As for the 2 hour TV movie idea, the problem with that idea (besides the fact that all the actors have aged considerably since the TV series aired, and puberty's a ***** when it comes to voice acting [just ask the English VA for Alphonse Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist]) is that the show already hit its peak with the finale.  No matter what they could do in the Epilogue movie, the only place to go from there is down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:19:01 PM by broodwars »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »
I'm glad to see that Avatar is getting so much love.  It really is a great show.  Hell, even my wife got into it after making fun of me for watching it. ;)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »
Trailer Park Boys - 10/10.

I'm not sure if I've rated it before, but I'm rating it again.  I've been watching it ever since it went on the air up in Canada (one of my buddies up there hipped me to it).  One of the best mockumentary series ever.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
Trailer Park Boys - 10/10.

I'm not sure if I've rated it before, but I'm rating it again.  I've been watching it ever since it went on the air up in Canada (one of my buddies up there hipped me to it).  One of the best mockumentary series ever.

Bubbles is the best.