Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1192364 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
Dexter (yesterday): Good episode, though the Angel/LaGuirta subplot is quickly getting old. The end was a shocker, though! Poor Debra!

Californication: The show becomes more juvenile the longer is going on, especially this season. I'm starting to not believe that Hank Moody could actually operate in the real world. This season is kind of all over the place: the only consistent storyline is Runkel's, which is fine, but Hank is being pulled in too many directions. However, I've been enjoying Eva Amurri's strip club scenes.

30 Rock: Great season opener.

Bones: Just watched the first disk of the first season. People have been telling me to watch it for a long time, and I finally gave in. I like it--the two leads have the same kind of ribbing banter that Scully and Mulder did back when the X-Files was good, and the cases are interesting. The supporting cast is okay, but the kid (named Zach--argh!) seems like an android who was just given an emotion chip last week.

Emily Deschannel > Zooey Deschannel
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »
Ya honestly, the whole relationship subtext for ALL the characters is boring; even Dexter. But now I have more hope for the season since what happened will fuel Dexter's drive to MURDER even more.

I love it!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »
Sanctuary. WTF! that is an amazing season opener. It did in 2 episodes (people with powers fighting each other) what Heroes in 4 years still hasn't.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
bones is pretty good, i always don't watch many episodes and then suddenly catch it for their Halloween episode. The last one with Rider Strong was pretty good.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2009, 06:07:11 AM »
Bones is excellent. While both of the Deschannel sisters have their differences, I will have to agree that Emily is the "Better" one.

On the flip side, I just caught and episode or two of CSI Miami and holy god, it's awful. It's so bad that they have this "surface computing" thingy ma bob that you can place evidence on and it will tell you everything about it and it has a user interface designed by Michale Bay/Ricers. Every episode I have seen of this trash has at least one team member being assaulted/threaten/shot at with more explosive use than Mythbusters.

1/10

It gets a one instead of zero because seeing sunglasses off/on/off/on is a little funny. Maybe it will make a good drinking game...
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »
V: The Original Series & V: The final battle 7/10
was a pretty good concept, but was clearly showing its age, some of it just seemed to drag on. I bet it was the bomb when it was new, some great action sequences especially at the beginning. Thank you Scifi channel, because I didn't have to netflix it.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »
Newest episodes of Dexter: Ooh. It's gettin' good now. The 3rd Rock dude is AWESOME.

Finished up season 1 of Bones: I'm totally hooked now. Agent Booth could totally be Nathan Drake in an Uncharted movie. I liked how you get little touches of emotion from Brennan throughout the season. My wife likes Angela the most. I really like their boss--he needs more screen time.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »
V: The Original Series & V: The final battle 7/10
was a pretty good concept, but was clearly showing its age, some of it just seemed to drag on. I bet it was the bomb when it was new, some great action sequences especially at the beginning. Thank you Scifi channel, because I didn't have to netflix it.

I just finished watching the first episode of the new series on ABC just now. It is an interesting show.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2009, 12:07:18 AM »
V (on ABC Tues. @ 8pm)

This show has got my attention. I have no idea if it's based off the same source material as teh miniseries V on the SyFy channel, but so far I like what I see. Basically Alien motherships show up above every major metrolpolis in the world and make contact. The aliens refered to as Visitors or V's for short appear to be there to make friends, heal and share technology with the humans. Some are skeptical of their intentions.  At first it reminded me a little bit of the 4400 and that is a good thing, but it quickly shed most of that comparison as the story started to progress and the plot line of the series started to take shape.  This could be my favorite new show of the season, I suggest you check it out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
newer V looked pretty good, definately taking the good plotline of the original series and using better storytelling and directing tools

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »
This show (original) was on SyFy all day for the past few days. I watched like 5 minutes, then the horrible acting made me kill myself.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2009, 10:06:10 AM »
Yeah, I figured it might have been, but i didn't watch it for more than 2 minutes.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
lol, its hard to take the Beast Master Marc Singer in V(os) seriously...he's the main character but he sounds like one of the Ambiguously Gay Duo

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
I was about to tell you you had the wrong guy, but then realized that you meant the old mini series V and not the new primetime V which has the guy from The 4400 (who through a vaseline lens might look like beast master).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »
yeah, the new priest dude sort of looks like the old main character dude. For a second I thought a Ken Foree was move being played. Then I heard him talk, and definately not Marc Singer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »
The Supernatural (The CW Thursdays @ 9pm)

I watched this show 2 weeks in a row and I think I have to watch it till the end now. Both episodes were so good, but tonites episode was 1 LOL after another. Tonites episode they had to deal with a "trickster" and he stuffed them into TV Land where they end up in parodies of very familiar shows on TV.

Here is an example of one segment of the show I didn't catch the first time around. Funny enough that I unknowingly got up and went into the kitchen when this segment started.... just watch it and you'll know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmypAnX4fEY

This show has made a viewer out of me. I have to go and netflix this from the beginning now.

Here is another winning moment from last nights episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K4yioL2ngI
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 01:55:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2009, 02:55:05 PM »
lol, its hard to take the Beast Master Marc Singer in V(os) seriously...he's the main character but he sounds like one of the Ambiguously Gay Duo
Little known fact (probably widely known) - Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert voiced the Ambiguously Gay Duo.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »
The best TV series of the ’00s

Does everyone agree with this list? It's a Top 30 TV series since late 1999 (the 2000's)
I haven't seen all the shows listed, but I would like to think that some of the ones I have seen would be a little bit higher up (The Shield, Dexter).
Are there any shows you all think should be on there and aren't?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
ROFL Wondershowzen!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
Battlestar abandoned the Ship of Quality after the second season. After that, it just stopped making sense. It shouldn't be on that list. I think it's there as the token sci-fi show.

Arrested Development FTW!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
I'm wondering why House M.D. isn't on the list.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »
this season of survivor is GREAt! :P

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:45 AM »
Battlestar abandoned the Ship of Quality after the second season. After that, it just stopped making sense. It shouldn't be on that list. I think it's there as the token sci-fi show.

Arrested Development FTW!

What didn't make sense apart from space robots writing All Along the Watchtower thousands of years ago? And since Firefly's on the list BSG can't be the token sci-fi show.

I was about to go off on the fact that The West Wing wasn't on there, but then it showed up at number 30 so the list is fine by me unless they're in order, and then I'm fighting for higher positions for a few things.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:06:15 AM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2009, 12:15:56 AM »
You watch Tim & Eric Awesome show? is it actually funny?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
No, I probably haven't seen half the shows on the list, but all the shows in the last decade I liked (except the one everyone but me hates) are on the list.

WAIT A MINUTE! I just realized Jericho's not on the list, which changes things slightly. Now instead of more or less agreeing with the list, I would vigorously argue for those who compiled it to be savagely beaten.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:48:50 AM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent