Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Now Live For Preload, Confirms No Save Data Transfer  (Read 7036 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Choose your system wisely.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/52818/animal-crossing-new-horizons-now-live-for-preload-confirms-no-save-data-transfer

The preloads for Animal Crossing: New Horizons have launched worldwide, and confirmed the handling of saves for the game.

New Horizons save data will not be transferable to other Switch consoles, according to the North American and European eShop listings. Similar restrictions have been used in third party games, such as Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy of the Duelist and Trials Rising, but this is the first first-party title to be so restricted. The save also cannot be uploaded to the Nintendo Switch Online save data cloud, but post launch subscribers are planned to be able to restore data from the server in the event of a lost or damaged Switch.

These save restrictions are in addition to previously announced restrictions on the number of islands per system.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Well that makes sense. As we all know Animal Crossing has a fierce competitive metagame that makes games like Pokémon and Smash Bros look like child's play and if there's one thing that could completely ruin the careful balancing work that has gone into the game it's someone being able to *gasp* transfer their saves between consoles, be it to the Switch Lite or the inevitable Switch Pro, It's just unthinkable.

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
That's... a load of garbage. C'mon, Nintendo...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
The save also cannot be uploaded to the Nintendo Switch Online save data cloud, but post launch subscribers are planned to be able to restore data from the server in the event of a lost or damaged Switch.
why do I get the feeling that "post launch" means Nintendo won't have this **** ready at launch?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
I don't get why the island couldn't be saved to the cart like one's village on the 3DS. Is it because of the whole Cloud Save Backup and how that works?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.