Author Topic: SouthPeak Interactive Corporation Acquires Gamecock  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Chessa

• is full of rage!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
SouthPeak Interactive Corporation Acquires Gamecock
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
Similar views of the future make for a mutually beneficial merger.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16993

Earlier this week, SouthPeak Interactive Corporation announced the acquisition of Gamecock Media Group.    

Gamecock, publishers of such titles as Dementium: The Ward and Mushroom Men, are "thrilled to be joining forces with SouthPeak." Bringing original titles to the market from independent developers is a common goal shared by both companies. SouthPeak, known for publishing independent titles, stated they "are excited to give the Gamecock titles a bigger platform to succeed". Gamecock titles currently in production include Velvet Assassin, Legendary, and individual Mushroom Men titles for both Wii and DS.    

Mike Wilson, CEO of Gamecock admitted that both companies had been keeping an eye on one another for the past two years and that the combination of their companies will result in a "very strong and well-rounded force" for the gaming market.    

SouthPeak Interactive Corporation Acquires Gamecock Media Group    

MIDLOTHIAN, VA – October 14, 2008 - SouthPeak Interactive Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: SOPK; SOPKU; SOPKW; SOPKZ), one of the fastest growing videogame publishers, today announced the acquisition of Austin-based Gamecock Media Group.    

Commenting on the acquisition, Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak, stated, “Gamecock brings us a solid slate of upcoming titles, including Legendary, Mushroom Men and Velvet Assassin and supports our strategy of working with independent developers. We are excited to give the Gamecock titles a bigger platform to succeed.”    

"We are thrilled to be joining forces with SouthPeak to continue to bring great original titles from independent developers to market with a stronger sales and distribution reach,” said Mike Wilson, CEO of Gamecock. “We have followed each other's progress closely over the last two years, and combining our team with theirs results in a very strong and well-rounded force in the market."    

SouthPeak expects to ship Legendary and Mushroom Men in the current quarter.

Offline planetidiot

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: SouthPeak Interactive Corporation Acquires Gamecock
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:56 AM »
Southpeak + Gamecock can only mean terrible euphemisms.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
Can I get a SouthPeak at your Gamecock?
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Are they going to change their to Cockpeak?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Are they going to change their to Cockpeak?

Either that or SouthCock.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:35:51 PM »
I knew Gamecock wouldn't make it.