Author Topic: Twilight Princess HD: Now with 100% more Amiibo!  (Read 33603 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Princess HD: Now with 100% more Amiibo!
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
I don't know what I expected this game to look like but even with the improvements the art style is just so off putting for me. I tried twice to go through TP again and I'd love to with the Gamepad and a slightly better coat of paint but man just thinking about that opening bores me.

Still I think I will do it. I really want to refresh my perception of this game.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »
I don't know what I expected this game to look like but even with the improvements the art style is just so off putting for me. I tried twice to go through TP again and I'd love to with the Gamepad and a slightly better coat of paint but man just thinking about that opening bores me.

They already said they'll be some new changes to the game and after what they did with improving the tedious parts of Wind Waker in it's HD port, the opening being fixed in TP HD is more then likely one of those changes for this game.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
I preordered this on Amazon last night because I'm weak, my bloodline is weak, and I will not survive the winter.

I hope they fix the magic armor. All that work and it drains rupees when you get hit. Jebus...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 07:09:41 PM »
I hope they fix the magic armor. All that work and it drains rupees when you get hit. Jebus...
I never actually collected this item, so how is this a problem? Isn't money really common in this game?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »
I never actually collected this item, so how is this a problem? Isn't money really common in this game?
It deducts rupees while walking then a lot of rupees per hit. When you run out of rupees, it's like walking around with iron boots so you can't even wear it to look fancy. I remember the side quests to unlock it being mediocre so it's all around just a waste.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »

Nintendo Fans are getting so much Milage out of Twilight Princess. GameCube, Wii, Wii Hack Homebrew, HD Remake with Amiibo support that translates to Zelda U. Also one of, if not the greatest E3 moments ever...and one of the best threads in the history of PGC/NWR.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=13099.0

Even ten years ago, Twilight Princess was raising hell. Cant wait for the NX2 8K remake of TP!

WOW!

I never found out what happened to easycure's deposit..

this thread just reminded me i never got back my $5 deposit for this game.

I went in asked if the reservation could be transfered to the wii version if it was officially announced, they said yes. The day it was officially announced they said i couldnt do that and i'd have to put another $5 down and they'd consider the GC reservation canceled. I told them to **** off and walked out. If i handled the situation better i'm sure i would of got the money back... oh well.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2015, 01:40:16 PM »
Bundle up for pre-order on best buy canada.
sold out already on amazon canada
can't find it anywhere else in the frozen north
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2015, 06:44:25 PM »

Nintendo Fans are getting so much Milage out of Twilight Princess. GameCube, Wii, Wii Hack Homebrew, HD Remake with Amiibo support that translates to Zelda U. Also one of, if not the greatest E3 moments ever...and one of the best threads in the history of PGC/NWR.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=13099.0

Even ten years ago, Twilight Princess was raising hell. Cant wait for the NX2 8K remake of TP!

WOW!

I never found out what happened to easycure's deposit..

this thread just reminded me i never got back my $5 deposit for this game.

I went in asked if the reservation could be transfered to the wii version if it was officially announced, they said yes. The day it was officially announced they said i couldnt do that and i'd have to put another $5 down and they'd consider the GC reservation canceled. I told them to **** off and walked out. If i handled the situation better i'm sure i would of got the money back... oh well.

Sounds like Gamestop...

Yeah I never got that money back. Nor have I purchased anything from them since. I ended up buying the game from the Nintendo World Store when my shift was over, bu wasn't even sure I would have the system since I never pre-ordered (thanks a LOT NWR staffers...) but luckily once I left work I had a voice mail from good ol' Mom saying that she was able to get one while she was out and about shopping, completely by chance.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 09:20:36 AM »
There is a good thread here detailing how my pre-ordered from Amazon wasn't going to be here within the first few days and how I scoured Nashville to secure a copy.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2015, 09:21:45 AM »

They already said they'll be some new changes to the game and after what they did with improving the tedious parts of Wind Waker in it's HD port, the opening being fixed in TP HD is more then likely one of those changes for this game.
I know I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the opening.  If I were to change anything overall all in the game I half the physical landscape.  Way to much pointless walking and was pretty dead for the most part.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »
Bundle up for pre-order on best buy canada.
sold out already on amazon canada
can't find it anywhere else in the frozen north
So I pre-ordered the bundle last Friday for $79.99 fromm Best Buy Canada. Today it's $99.99. What the heck?
Internet reports said it was up on Amazon Canada briefly, also for $99.99. That's just too expensive.
Thankfully, my pre-order is apparently safely secured at the more reasonable price but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it "accidentally" gets cancelled by Best Buy...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2015, 12:20:05 AM »
If Best Buy hasn't shot my $34.99 Persona 5 preorder in the face from a year and a half ago, they're not going to kill the Twilight Princess one. Worst comes to worst, my "price match" request on Amazon when BB had it for $80 goes through and you can snag it there with a preorder price guarantee.

I *would* like someone to man up and put the Fire Emblem LE up, though.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
I just wonder what Amiibo support is really going to add to this game. And what sort of data will be transferable. If it's aesthetic, I swear...
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:07 PM »
I just wonder what Amiibo support is really going to add to this game. And what sort of data will be transferable. If it's aesthetic, I swear...

Given the use of amiibo such far as mostly an extra to Nintendo games, I expect some sort of costume unlock.

At most, it would be a game-breaking wolf-pup or imp summoned pet that tags along.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 03:12:32 AM »
Imagine if there was a Zelda amiibo line, and each version of Link in amiibo form unlocked a different option for a partner/guide/annoying pest? Ocarina Link unlocked Navi, Spirit Tracks unlocked Ghost Zelda, Wolf Link got Midna. Could be a fun way to flavor the game with a bit more than a new outfit without being "essential" since Nintendo doesn't want to do that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »
It could just give you some special item that you can't normally get in the game but is blatantly unnecessary like the Biggoron's sword.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2015, 01:58:05 PM »
What if you use the Amiibo to transform into wolf form! How fun!

Playing through Zip Lash really reminded me that the scanning times on these things basically fucks a lot of the potential up. If you could actually just tap the Amiibo and trigger the effect they might not be so useless.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
You shouldn't have to buy toys to use something that's in the game, unless it's a stupid toy game like Skylander or Disney Infinity.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2015, 04:42:48 PM »
I would be shocked if the NX did not launch with a "Nintendo World" amiibo sandbox title. There is a lot of potential for a game like that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
I would be shocked if the NX did not launch with a "Nintendo World" amiibo sandbox title. There is a lot of potential for a game like that.

I wish Nintendo wasn't so bad at not doing what seems obvious because that sounds like the clear choice for a Nintendo Amiibo game. As for Twilight Princess, I am excited for it since I only played the awful Wii version and gave up when I got to the under water part.

If Nintendo really wants to make something out of Amiibo they will do a Pokemon Amiibo game that ties the toys and cards to the game, instant Fort Knox money will never be an issue again for Nintendo.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »

Putting the "Highly Disappointing" back in HD.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »
Not to hate on it too much, but it looks like a really lazy port. The main problem is that they're making an "HD Remaster" of a game from two generations ago, on their current console, and all they did was replace some textures. It makes the low-polygon characters and assets like trees really stick out. It doesn't look any better (or much better) than the game looks running at 1080p on Dolphin emulator. Basically - this is what the Wii version *should* have looked like, had Nintendo not gimped out resolution.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »
Jebus, seriously? It dips below 30 frames per second? Wind Waker HD ran at 30 frames per second, but the game came out in 2013.

From everything I've read, Twilight Princess HD is a straight port which makes me wonder why this is a $60 even with that awesome Amiibo. I appreciate that the textures were redone, but Nintendo and Tantalus Interactive could have gone above and beyond to really make this rerelease special by tightening the game in places and cutting some of the fat (namely in that brutal tutorial at the beginning). I'm still keeping my pre-order, but it's at least a little disappointing. Nintendo did a really good job of making Wind Waker HD the definitive version of that game so it's a shame this didn't get the same treatment.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »
Jebus, seriously? It dips below 30 frames per second? Wind Waker HD ran at 30 frames per second, but the game came out in 2013.

From everything I've read, Twilight Princess HD is a straight port which makes me wonder why this is a $60 even with that awesome Amiibo. I appreciate that the textures were redone, but Nintendo and Tantalus Interactive could have gone above and beyond to really make this rerelease special by tightening the game in places and cutting some of the fat (namely in that brutal tutorial at the beginning). I'm still keeping my pre-order, but it's at least a little disappointing. Nintendo did a really good job of making Wind Waker HD the definitive version of that game so it's a shame this didn't get the same treatment.
Windwaker HD did have frame rate issues, try shooting the cannon for instance.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2016, 02:11:11 PM »
Yeah, the poor performance, the fact that I've beaten this game numerous times, and Pokken coming out the same month have caused me to cancel my preorder.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.