Author Topic: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!  (Read 45141 times)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXII: Dead Thread. Ain't that a kick in the head!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »

I should have talked to you about that. Going by the story, Blathers should look all stiched up like Frankenstein and with Jack shooting himself, he should have broken pumpkin head or a big hole through it. Not that it matters. Marvel_moviefan will most likely still not upload the avatar. But I should start posting them into the stories to keep your work honored on these forums for months to come. And that means Antonia should have had a shattered crystal ball in his skull or lying dead on the ground with the shards around him and a bloody mark on his head or indent in the skull. I'm a terrible taskmaster tyrant.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:51:36 PM by apdude »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
Whoa dude! That's incredible. Here. Have a fat-free yogurt.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
Antonio story image

My Fiancee is questioning my sanity right now....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:28:59 PM by apdude »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »
*Apdude at home*

"Must.... kill...... more Animal Crossing characters......."

Fiancee "You've changed Apdude. Ever since you starting going to NWR more, you've become very dark and twisted. I don't think that site's a good influence on you."

"But, but, but, I'm needed there...." *picks up a cat and starts stroking it while giving fiancee a maniacal look* "to kill Animal Crossing characters....."

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
Instead of going back and forth in different threads, I'll just dump all the dead or beat-up avatars here.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:48:22 AM by apdude »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
what is this about answering today's activity? The dead stealing from the living?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:27 PM »
Just that. If you can guess the correct work of art, you'll win the prize. Since you can't be protected, I'll let you cast a vote for today instead.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 08:53:48 PM »
Instead of going back and forth in different threads, I'll just dump all the dead or beat-up avatars here.

where's mine? :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
make sure that no information is given out that could spoil or cause players to deduce things that could affect the game. If I see a post I think could have an effect on the game, I will delete it immediately with a warning going to that poster.

What did I say?!

To be fair, I was just pretending I was going to be evil zombie Harriet.

Edit:

K.K., it's a trap! Katie is bait! They wanted you all along! Don't fall for it!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 02:30:01 AM »
make sure that no information is given out that could spoil or cause players to deduce things that could affect the game. If I see a post I think could have an effect on the game, I will delete it immediately with a warning going to that poster.

What did I say?!

And here I was trying to make change the rules to allow you back in. Unbelievable.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 02:32:50 AM »
Well damn. Tried to get stevey for the thatguy vote.  Guess it blew up in my face....

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 02:33:38 AM »
apdude:  You were close.  So close. 

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:15 AM »

What did I say?!

And here I was trying to make change the rules to allow you back in. Unbelievable.

So I don't get to come back to life as Zombie Evil Harriet? Who will sweep the floor at the salon!?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:36 AM »
Now ap if you'd gone after spak like I told you to we'd be all fine and dandy but noooo.. you had to go after stevey.... 'stevey must be the killer' you said, 'the killer is following a classic stevey playbook' he said

great going there buddy, clearly thatguy was very wise in picking you to call the kills.

And if anyones wondering that's exactly what happened 8)

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 02:48:35 AM »

Now ap if you'd gone after spak like I told you to we'd be all fine and dandy but noooo.. you had to go after stevey.... 'stevey must be the killer' you saidgreat going there buddy, clearly thatguy was very wise in picking you to call the kills.And if anyones wondering that's exactly what happened :cool;

I figured the doc would protect spak spang ... that's what I would do if I was the doc.  Stevey had the thatguy vote and thatguy ended up being mafia so he was immune to getting voted out.  Someone had to do it eventually.  Plus if you had the kill vote no hit would have happened since you went and got yourself voted out.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:55:57 AM by apdude »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:20 AM »
Which would arguably be better for the nook mafia's long term stability then you getting yourself killed over a minor voting thing that nobody even remembers.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »
Well I guess I'm just lucky hitting the 1/20 jackpot on my first shot!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 03:10:52 AM »
To be fair.  I made you all believe I was being protected.  I was so blasted confident that nobody COULD hurt me.  That means I could protect myself from 2 attacks...which meant protection for the doctor. 

Nobody could have guessed Stevey's role.  So apdude did nothing wrong.  He took a guess, and it paid off wrong.  Now, Fox mafia is going to have a field day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 03:28:27 AM »
Well I guess I'm just lucky hitting the 1/20 jackpot on my first shot!

To be fair.  I made you all believe I was being protected.  I was so blasted confident that nobody COULD hurt me.  That means I could protect myself from 2 attacks...which meant protection for the doctor.

no that had nothing to do with it. He's been fuming on this stevey train since day 2 and i'm constantly telling him that there are better ways to use our time and that there are more suspicous or threatening people to deal with (like you, a few possible fox mafia candidates,)
Nobody could have guessed Stevey's role.  So apdude did nothing wrong.  He took a guess, and it paid off wrong.  Now, Fox mafia is going to have a field day.
Except we still had Lyle to help us with that.

I knew I shoulda joined that Redd Guy, he seems to be better at picking his targets.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »
Hindsight is 20/20 blah blah blah...  Your the best mafia player around... there I said it can you stop fuming now.

I had my reasons.  I went for what seemed open and would help us remove a threat since we don't have infinite time. It's no big deal. It's just a silly game.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:30 AM »
True…and what is apdude was right.  What if Stevey was the killer?  See how things work.  This game is always about gamble and risk.  The bomber role is one of the few roles that threaten mafia as equally as townies and give you that random gamble feel to the game.

Anyway, the Coon mafia is not down and out.  They can still come back and win.  It is anyones game…and the game is afoot.

Go, Go, All Teams.

Somebody win…eventually.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »
This is why I dislike dead threads. A little too much after the fact talk going on here. You want to argue with your crew about things, do it in a pm instead of laying out what you woulda, could, shoulda done. I don't want to have to make another warning.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:40:15 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:57 PM »
This is why I dislike dead threads. A little too much after the fact talk going on here. You want to argue with your crew about things, do it in a pm instead of laying what you woulda, could, shoulda. I don't want to have to make another warning.
Also, for the record your horrible at taking on roleplay, Eugene prefers apples now how could you miss such an important detail.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »
This is why I dislike dead threads. A little too much after the fact talk going on here. You want to argue with your crew about things, do it in a pm instead of laying what you woulda, could, shoulda. I don't want to have to make another warning.
Also, for the record your horrible at taking on roleplay, Eugene prefers apples now how could you miss such an important detail.

Well, for the record, you're horrible at grammar. There should be another comma after record, your should be spelt as you're, that should be a period or semi-colon after roleplay and not a comma, there should be a period between apples and now and the word now should have a capital n, and finally there should be a question mark after detail and not a period since you are asking a question.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure about the word choice of "taking on roleplay". I think it would have been a better choice to say either "performing roleplay" or "enacting out roleplay".

If you're not angry at everyone after playing a mafia game, you're doing it wrong or you won and I don't see any winners in this thread. Ouch!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:09 PM »
What's frustrating is when you think you're playing well, not raising suspicions, and you're ousted early in the game by vote. 

2nd time now that's happened.  Especially frustrating for a few other reasons I'll hold-off from speaking to til the game's over.  Needless to say, I must be doing something to raise enough suspicion for people to target me.  I have a few thoughts on why that is, too, but again, will wait til the game ends.

It was fun while it lasted, though.  I'd love if this was a more regular occurrence.