Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.  (Read 22633 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:21 AM »
Named so for all you loonies in this game.

Story Post.

(Khushrenada late with a story post? The mafia tradition continues!)

I guess I should have at least given you an update on Power Girl's status since she is the most crucial character to our story.

Ok. Now it might be getting a bit creepy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:45:54 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:36 AM »
Results Post:

Insanolord - Townie (Killed by malicious vote)
Maxi - Townie (Killed by Space Mafia!)
Dasmos - Parasite (Killed by The Joker)

Holy Hit Count Batman! The Earth Mafia is hanging on by a thread! Will the hero population be able to get their act together before the Space Mafia take over the world or will the joke be on all of us? Find out next time. Same Bat Channel, same Bat Thread.

Quick Announcement list:

Voting ends as usual at Midnight EST.

The Earth Mafia makes the hit tonight.

I am the day host so send all actions to me except for the item purchases and bids. That all goes to Thatguy.

Other than that, go wild!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:13:32 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:57 AM »
The thatguy shop is now open!

Yesterday, apdude won the reward for the best roleplay.  We both loved it.  There were a few other people who were right at the top with him, though.

A note from thatguy about yesterday's auction results:
The Orange Ring was bought for a bid of 6 points.
The Blue Ring was bought for a bid of 2 points.

Today's auctions:

Indigo Ring - Change the vote of a player you choose to a target of your choosing. Only one is available today.

Red Ring - One time item.  Can be used to kill by it's winner to kill one player of his or her choosing. No points will be rewarded for a death caused by the red ring. The red ring can not kill Superman unless Kryptonite is also applied.  The red ring can not kill Batman unless the perfect trap is applied.

Remember to speak to me to bid on auction items.  Purchase items from me, as well.  To use an item you have in your possession, you may message me, as well.

There are three public methods to earn points today. They are the same as yesterday. There is one new hidden method to earn points, making eight total secret methods.

At this point in the game, several players have several points.  Recall that all the items in the shop do restock with each new day, so if you have questions about an item or want to buy one, contact me.

If you do not have your updated points total at this time, please send me a PM.  With that, again, the store is open.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:00:45 AM by thatguy »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:22 AM »
I would hereby like to apologize for turning the vote on Insanolord.  However, I would also like to point out that Dasmos, who started the bandwagon against me, was mafia.

Vote me out, if you'd like - but I believe yesterday's actions speak for themselves.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:25 AM »
Shoot...I was on the knife's edge on voting Dasmos instead.  I wish I had gone in that direction.  Sorry, Insanolord.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:45 AM »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:12 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex. Not that I've been looking at them or anything.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
NO MORE INNOCENT LIVES

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:06 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex.

That would explain why his pants are so tight...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex.

That would explain why his pants are so tight...

The blue pill part was the punchline but take it however you want.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »
Beetle! What are you doing here?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
I was actually looking for change in that vending machine back there.  Moneys a little tight now a days with that crazy starfish on the loose and all....  Wait a sec... I've been looking for you all day.  Where have you been?  By the way your informant was full of s@&#

Anyway it's been a long day.  I'm heading to bed.  Tomorrow the search begins again!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:02:36 AM by apdude »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:09 AM »

EDIT: Nevermind, the window was still open.
RE-EDIT: Remind me never to do thes at 4:30am again.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:35:36 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:19:21 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
So quiet today...  Did all the active players get slaughtered yesterday?

I'm still concerned about Kasogi's attempt to blackmail me... on one hand, I think he's either the Joker or mafia, trying to collect points to use one of the weapons... on the other hand, he only wanted four whole points...  that's a lot of points (for me, at least), but doesn't go very far weapons-wise.  Although, I just now noticed that the Joker gets a discount on the Superman and Batman killing weapons - the mafia has to pay 20 points for each whereas the Joker can get them for 10 points each.  4 points could go a long ways towards one of the super-killing weapons...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »

(Just realized the spelling error... Oops...  The Blue Beetle is a little bit groggy)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:28:55 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
Rules question: Is it better for townies (prize-wise) if the Joker wins or of one of the Mafias wins?

On one hand, if the Mafia wins, there *could* be townies left standing at the end of the game (since most Mafia games end when there are more Mafia members than not).

On the other hand, if the Joker wins - everyone's dead... but that also means the townies (sorta) defeated the Mafias in some kind of crazy zero-sum game or something.

Does anyone care to share with me how many points they've got?  I'm trying to determine if the Joker is anywhere near being able to use his gas bomb.  Going by my points, he's no where near - but I'm assuming that my points aren't a very good indication of everyone else's points...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
For our sake, I hope the Joker didn't end up the the orange ring to double his/her points.

By the way, the Flash certianly has been living up to his name.  In long enough to cast a vote then gone.  He's quick!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:03:13 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
That's a possibility.  But would the Joker risk losing his points if he was trying to save them?  Granted, it looks like it only cost him six points... but that's a very good chunk of what I've got, so that seems like a lot to me to give away on the off chance he might get the ring...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
I don't think the Joker could be anywhere near the 50 points yet. I don't want to say how many points I have, but nowhere near that amount.

I have been wary to buy items yet because I have been slow in getting them, so 6 points is quite a lot.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
I don't think you lose your points if you lose the auction.  Maybe the Joker was willing to risk 6 to double up from here on.  Since the joker gets to kill every night the points can add up quick.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 01:11:10 PM »
I don't think you lose your points if you lose the auction.  Maybe the Joker was willing to risk 6 to double up from here on.  Since the joker gets to kill every night the points can add up quick.

Wait - what?  I thought if you put in the amount you wanted to spend, then whomever paid the most, got the item... I thought you only got refunds if you put in a bid for more than you have (or more than you have left)....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
Crap, you're right!

In this scenario, Khushrenada would win the indigo ring and I would win the blue ring. My first bid would lose, and I would retain my points from the bid.  My second bid would then be valid.  Khush's first vote would win, and without enough points, his second bid would be considered invalid.

I must have skimmed those rules wrong... I would have bid on some items by now!  Damnit.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
Okay - the Joker is a neutral force.  Even if he's already managed to ally himself with one side or the other, since he needs to kill everyone to win, he'll betray them eventually.  The trick is to kill him before he betrays your side.

Now, there's one member of one mafia and three members of the second mafia left.  The perfect amount of people for the Joker to kill with his gas bomb.  But would he do it, even if he knew who the mafia members were?

On the other hand, there are 8 townies/heros left.  Two of them, he can't even kill without spending an extra 10+10 coins on... which he might have enough to kill one (both if he managed to get the orange ring?)... but that's going to put him further behind in setting up his bomb.

Hmm...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »
I must have skimmed those rules wrong... I would have bid on some items by now!  Damnit.

That's some shoddy detective work chief.