Author Topic: Mafia XL: WWII. 1940.  (Read 24012 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XL: WWII. 1940.
« on: December 07, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »
WAR!

The world is stunned by the late developments of 1939. Years of a fragile peace are shattered when Germany launches an audacious attack against Eastern Europe. Under codename Barbarossa, the Germans begin a new kind of warfare, Blitzkreig. Marching on Sept. 1, they move at a speed greater than an army in history and in 2 months have encircled Moscow. The Soviet Union, under the opposing idealogy of communism is unprepared for the swiftness and force of the Germans. Its leader, Nickmitch is captured and forced to capitulate to German rule. The west reacts swiftly to these events. France and Great Britian have declared War on Germany and her allies. Frence troops race to the Maginot Line to defend their soil from any German threat while British troops come to France's aid arriving through Normandy. In the east, Japan launches an attack on British holdings in addition to its war on mainland China. Italy, working in harmony with Germany, marches along the Adriatic coast into Greece. The U.S.A., while sympathetic to the causes of France and Britian, has resolved to stay out of the conflict. With the dawn of 1940 now on us, no one is sure what this new year will bring.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XL: WWII. 1940.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
Ok. Let's get this show on the road.

Nickmitch - Russia (death by Mafia)

The Axis have struck first. Can the allies slow down this momentum?

Deadline for voting is Midnight EST. Night actions are due an hour after that.

I will now update the rules section to give everyone a clearer idea of what is happening in this game. However, you can now start voting.

Warbuck Items Available:

Extra Vote - $100 (sold out)
Block - $100 (2 available)
Extra Atomic Search - $200 (2 available)
Steal Atomic Secrets - $300 (2 available)
Bunker for Day Vote - $300 (1 available)
Bunker for Night Actions - $300 (1 available)
Investigate Role - $400 (2 available)
Military Strike - $500 (2 available)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:52:59 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:21:20 PM »
The mafia got a hit before the game even started?  That's... odd.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »
Hmm, Russia was a part of the Allies, but they went evil after the war and kill a bunch of people...

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
Well I'm investigating myself tonight!  This is like bizarro mafia.  Took me a bit to wrap my head around the rules, but I get it now. =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
Oh one question...

If one of the atomic secrets dies, does that make the bomb impossible to build?  If so, will you tell us when one of the secrets dies?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »
Wait, there's a bomb?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
If one of the atomic secrets dies, does that make the bomb impossible to build?  If so, will you tell us when one of the secrets dies?

I assume you can investigate dead people.

I also assume that since Khush didn't specifically state a limit on the number of times you can send him your guess list, I can send him a PM with every possible combination and get the bomb on the first day!

15 players
5 secrets (in order, no less)

**** ... this is gonna be a long PM.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »
So, uhh, I think that this war needs a hero, and I could be just the one!

Yes, there's no need to fear, Superman is here!

Using my powers of X-Ray vision, I can clearly see that Pale is a terrible liar and a terrible person.  However, I know this only from my X-Ray vision powers, and have no factual information or evidence to support my views for you.  Therefore, I most vote Pale in order to defeat the axis and end this war!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »
Oh one question...

Sorry. I should have stated that earlier. If someone with an Atomic Secret dies, that knowledge is revealed to the world. So, every player will know what it is. Unfortunately, I have to do this during work so it is slowing down how fast I can explain this.

I have now posted some information on Warbucks in the rules and role thread as that info is going to be used sooner than the bomb.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »

I assume you can investigate dead people.

I also assume that since Khush didn't specifically state a limit on the number of times you can send him your guess list, I can send him a PM with every possible combination and get the bomb on the first day!

15 players
5 secrets (in order, no less)

**** ... this is gonna be a long PM.

I thought of that. Each secret is a specific word. So, you need to know the actual words before you can start guessing every combo.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
People may think I'm not playing a WW2 character, but a clue to who I am is  hidden in my avatar...

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »
I've decided the most efficient way to deal with the matter at hand is to pool our warbucks together and spend them on a military strike against Pale.  Who is willing to rally behind me, Superman, to make this happen?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 02:07:55 PM »
I don't know what's going on. But I don't need to know.

Vote Stratos

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Seriously, can we pool our warbucks together to buy things, if we agree on how they're used, and who gets the benefits?  Essentially give our warbucks to other players?

If that's the case, I'd like to start an alliance, and the people who join me will have a chance to get my warbucks.  I won't take yours, though.  I don't need 'em.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
We still don't know how many Warbucks we get a day.  :(

What happens to someone's Warbucks when they die?  Can we leave them to another player?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
All info on Warbucks is now posted. You can not pool Warbucks. I knew to shut down that loophole a long time ago. Warbuck items are now up for sale if you wish to purchase them.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
All right, I've spent my warbucks on an extra vote for Pale.

Except I haven't, but still... I'm saying I did.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
Looking at the roles, this mafia is like Risk or Stratego. I'm a bit confused.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 03:35:27 PM »
The way I see it, it is a regular mafia game with a side game (the Atomic secret search) and a few options to speed up the strategy and action. (Warbucks).

As well, if you want to buy something with the Warbucks, just pm me. No one has to know who has bought what. I will just adjust availability accordingly.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Allow me to publicly state my intention to spend my current and future Warbucks as soon as I get them.  I will not stockpile them nor will I attempt to save for a larger ticket item.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »
I've decided I'm going to go along with thatguy and VOTE PALE.  I'm not convinced that Pale's actually mafia, but on the first day voting is pretty much a crap shoot.  At least this way if Pale turns out to be mafia I get some phat cash and I'll know what team thatguy plays for (heh, gay joke).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
This mafia is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn confusing. Russia is dead already?! Da ****?

VOTE DREWMAGOO!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:12:38 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Vudu and Thatguy are already displaying an alliance, and that sounds like Mafia behavior to me. KILL ZE KRAUTS

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
Or--and this is just a theory--it could just be an alliance formed on mutual respect for another after playing countless games together.  Or maybe thatguy's just playing me for a chump ....

If you have a better theory on day 1, I'm open to suggestions.