Author Topic: Square Enix's CEO Expects New Wii by 2011  (Read 29800 times)

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Square Enix's CEO Expects New Wii by 2011
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2009, 01:14:58 PM »
D_Average: Do away with the personal insults and namecalling, or the banhammer will be coming your way.  Thanks.

To be fair, I was only responding to Dug calling me an "idiot" unprovoked. I know he's a former staffer but I can't let that slide if no one else responds.   I have intentionally avoided him for weeks. He reopened this dialogue.

Where did I do that?   ...  You mean here?

If you think they've given the Wii equal resources, equal content, and equal time, then you are an idiot.

This is an argumentative device.  In this case, backed up by a fact which negates the insult, because nobody can possibly believe the phrase preceding the pejorative.  Furthermore it was a general statement not directed specifically at you, like most of the times this device is used.  I cannot possibly see how this was an insult directed at you.

And BTW, "Dug" cannot possibly be a typo.  "U" is four keys to the right of "E."  My screenname is to the left of every post I make, and you have spelled my name correctly before in this thread.  This is probably the most juvenile thing I've seen in a long time.  You don't look cool doing it.  You aren't "pwning" anybody.  Seriously, stop.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:36:43 PM by Deguello »
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »

"Mama Mia! The cruel meatball of war has rolled onto our laps and ruined our white pants of peace!"
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
Blessed are the peacemakers, Kashogi.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
ConsiderIng that the vast majority of the industry leans on my take and we have data to prove it, I'll start taking this fringe theory seriously once someones offers stats to back it up. Until then I'm moving on to less taxing topics.    Why I decided to discuss anything negative regarding the Wii on a Nintendo forum was pretty ignorant and futile on my part and for that I apologise. 
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »
ConsiderIng that the vast majority of the industry leans on my take and we have data to prove it, I'll start taking this fringe theory seriously once someones offers stats to back it up.

Wii + DS - 163 million systems
PS3 + PSP - 76 million systems
360 - 32 million systems

The vast majority of this "industry" is Nintendo at this point.  And their strategy is to make games for Nintendo systems.  The data you provide actually proves this point more than it does whatever point you were trying to make.  And it's not really a "fringe theory."  It's simply the only possible explanation left.

Until then I'm moving on to less taxing topics.    Why I decided to discuss anything negative regarding the Wii on a Nintendo forum was pretty ignorant and futile on my part and for that I apologise.

So it gets hard to argue with people who won't roll over to you insulting them, so you decide to call everyone fanboys, declare victory, and depart the field?  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
Interesting game Industry definition you've got there. 

And lol. Show me one thread on this forum where you or any other Ninty loyalist admitted they were wrong and adopted an a new perspective that putNintendo in a negative light. Are you never wrong or well, no reason to go there.

In society, people debate all the time and change their minds. On fansites, such human behavior has never been documented. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »
If you are not gonna take on the discussion but instead side step it, then just don't engage in it.

Your "facts" don't prove your "point".
When asked to provide actual facts that will prove your point, you decide to gloss over it and side step the entire conversation. So to help you out just do one thing.
Provide a list of the Top 10 3rd party games on all 3 consoles.

If what you are saying is true, that 3rd parties have been delivering the same quality games across all 3 platforms and they just don't sell on Wii, then I will gladly apologize and start a thread worshiping your infinite wisdom.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
Interesting game Industry definition you've got there. 

Did you actually define "game industry?"  Since "industry" is basically economic activity and production of goods, Nintendo's had the most economic activity and produced the most goods and sold the most goods, they are the largest part and the majority of the industry currently, even though they are but one company.  Much like Microsoft is the computer software industry, as well.

And lol. Show me one thread on this forum where you or any other Ninty loyalist admitted they were wrong and adopted an a new perspective that putNintendo in a negative light.

What's this got to do with anything?  And what would this prove?  And thanks for another shot at name-calling.

In society, people debate all the time and change their minds. On fansites, such human behavior has never been documented.

Actually debate doesn't work that way.  Debate is where two sides who do not change argue before an audience and a panel of judges who then discern who presented their case better, who made the stronger arguments.  Typically, when one side resorts to childish name-calling, that side loses almost automatically.  So throwing around "fanboy," "Ninty Loyalist," "Juggalo," "Juggy," or "Dug," actually hurts your debates more than any position.  But it's cute that you felt so confident typing that.

And why does it have to be anybody here who changes position?  Why not you?  Who the hell said you won?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
The only reason Geometry Wars got so popular with the 360 crowd was because of early adopters desperately trying to justify their purchase. When a vector graphics game gets more attention on a $400 console than anything else at the time, you know it's because the rest of the launch line-up wasn't very compelling.

I respectfully disagree.  The Geometry Wars games are some of the most addictive games I've played in the past 5 years.  The game is a year old, and I still find myself going in there and trying to get higher on my friends list leaderboard.  I've been gunning for Jonny Metts' score in Pacificsm for MONTHS (and someday I'm going to get that score, you just wait). 

So no, I don't think that the success of the Geometry Wars games on the 360 has anything to do with the rest of the console's library - it's just that the game happens to be very very fun (and very pretty as well).

I didn't buy the Wii version because to me it didn't seem like a game that needed expanding on.  At least not to the tune of $40.  Plus, it's a game that fits well with the idea of "pick up and play" that you get with a downloadable title.  Having to put in a disc for a 90 second craving doesn't quite work for me.  If there was a WiiWare version of GeoWars, and if it had good implementation of online leaderboards, I would download it in a heartbeat.

I did pick up the DS game, but found it hard to play and sold it shortly thereafter. 
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »
The only PS3 third party games I know that sell well is Street Fighter 4, GTA4, RE5 and MGS4 (lookee all the fours!). Batman: AA is selling well from what I hear, and isn't over-rated trash from what I've heard.

X360: Street Fighter 4, some FPS games, GTA4, Batman: AA, RE5.

That's all I know of right now. Sales figures would be great.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »
The only PS3 third party games I know that sell well is Street Fighter 4, GTA4, RE5 and MGS4 (lookee all the fours!). Batman: AA is selling well from what I hear, and isn't over-rated trash from what I've heard.

X360: Street Fighter 4, some FPS games, GTA4, Batman: AA, RE5.

That's all I know of right now. Sales figures would be great.

On the PS3 side, Infamous sold pretty well though not as well as Prototype.  Prototype sold well across both 360 and PS3.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2009, 08:20:10 PM »
Since he decided to leave the topic once he got embarrassed and threw a tantrum, I'll honor BnM's request.

Wii
1. Mario and Sonic @ Olympics - 7 million
2. Guitar Hero III - 4.5 million
3. Carnival Games- 3,5 million
4. Guitar Hero: World Tour 3.5 million
5. LEGO Star Wars - 3 million
6. Game Party - 2 million
7. Sonic and the Secret Rings. - 2 million
8. Deca Sports - 2 million
9. EA Active - 2 million
10. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 - 1.5 million

1. CoD 4 - 8 million
2. GTA IV - 7 million
3. CoD: Waw-  6 million
4. Assassin's Creed - 4.5 million
5. Guitar Hero III - 4.5 million
6. Lego Indiana Jones - 3.5 million
7. Kung Fu Panda (WTF) - 3 million
8. Elder Scrolls 4 - 3 million
9. Fallout 3 - 2.5 million
10. Guitar Hero II - 2.5 million   

PS3
1. GTA IV - 5.5 million
2. CoD 4 - 4.5 million
3. MGS4 - 4 million
4. CoD: WaW - 3.5 million
5. Assassin's Creed - 3.5 million
6. Resident Evil 5 - 2.5 million
7. FIFA Soccer 09 - 2.3 million
8. Pro Evolution Soccer 09 - 2 million
9. Guitar Hero III - 2 million
10. Pro Evolution Soccer 08 - 1.5 million

As you can clearly see, Wii gets the short end of the budget, effort, and marketing pool.  Most of the top third party Wii games are discounted mini game collections released in mid to late 2007.  When you combine this list with the Wii's top sellers, it's no wonder 3rd parties' crappy games can't sell on the Wii, and why people get upset that Wii owners are stereotyped as "casuals."  They totally read the Wii's audience wrong and thought they'd like repeated minigame collections or knockoffs of games that either come free with the Wii or Nintendo obviously does better like Wii Fit.  And even with all this awful budget crap, somehow these games sales are at least somewhat competitive with the other system's numbers and combined with Nintendo's games numbers, Wii owners have actually bought more games.  It's simply mindboggling that they keep abusing the Wii.

And notice, not one of the Wii's top games (Nintendo included) is anything third parties ostensibly aimed at "Wii's Demographic."  So no, third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake.  So what's the explanation for their continued reliance on completely disproven stereotypes and theories?  Does it make business sense to made an awful low-budget game for the Wii when they don't sell anymore and never really sold in the first place?  No.  Are Wii owners the most casual of casuals?  No, not according to their recorded buying habits, the only "casual" games that do well are ones that apparently come with hardware, and they haven't bought much of any of the third party knockoffs, at least none more than games like Smash Brothers, Mario, or Zelda.  What other theory is left?

The funny part is third party hatred of platform companies isn't anything new.  Electronic Arts was notorious for their complete hatred of Sega in the later Saturn and early DreamCast years.  Victor Ireland of the defunct Working Designs said the DS was like a "stillborn."  Since it does exist, why is the notion that third parties have largely taken a set against the Wii a "fringe theory?"  It doesn't have to be a rational behavior for it to be the truth.  And it's not an explanation I reached first, but there's no other apparent explanation other than total stupidity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:52:45 PM by Deguello »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
So no, third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake.
Nice pun. I'd quote it in my sig if I hadn't just changed it.

Offline N-World

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2009, 01:00:30 AM »
Don't worry, I'll add it.  8)
Third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake. - Dequello

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2009, 01:20:16 AM »
bwaahaha, I know I said I'd leave, but I can't help but chime in one more time, as I was far from embarrassed.  If anything, I felt pity for my opponents who have such a strange desire to defend such basic titles they know deep down they're really not in to.  I used to do the same thing, back in 4th grade.

How many people on this forum are dying to play those third party games on the Wii compared to the 360/PS3 list (aside from Guitar Hero)?  You just proved my point.  The third party games that sell are in the same bucket as Carnival Games while fabulous titles like Zack and Wiki, The Conduit, and Madworld rot 6 feet under.  This is truly sad.  It has nothing to do with the fact that gamers aren't interested in those titles, but everything to do with the fact they are vastly outnumbered by soccer moms and  business men picking up the game with the neatest box art.  So Deca Sports only sold 500k less than Fallout 3, does anyone really care?  And furthermore, third parties will continue to make teh casual titles similar to the ones noted above, I never said they wouldn't.  I said they have not given up on the Wii, they just given up on "hardcore" titles, which is really all that matters to the folks on this forum.  Don't believe me, just comapare the thread length of The Conduit to the thread for Deca Sports.   In terms of 3rd parties its the cheap casual games that rule the Wii, while the titles we really want sit on the bench.  This list only reinforces this.  You want to make a hardcore title, put it on the 360/PS3.  You want to make a casual title, put it on the Wii, even once the other lotion controls come out (the same people who bought Carnival Games are not about to drop another $300 for mini games in HD)  Thats pretty much all that will sell well on Wii for third parties, while creative "gamers games" are an absolute disaster on the Wii.  It sucks, and it frustrates me too, but its the truth.  There's no sense in pretending all the third parties are involved in some sort of underground conspiracy.  Well, maybe it is, makes things more interesting.

Thats it, I'm done.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:23:50 AM by D_Average »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2009, 02:38:05 AM »
The third party games that sell are in the same bucket as Carnival Games while fabulous titles like Zack and Wiki, The Conduit, and Madworld rot 6 feet under.  This is truly sad.  It has nothing to do with the fact that gamers aren't interested in those titles, but everything to do with the fact they are vastly outnumbered by soccer moms and  business men picking up the game with the neatest box art.

[Citation Needed]

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2009, 03:02:28 AM »
Zack and Wiki, The Conduit, and Madworld

None of those games would have done any better saleswise on the 360; Zack & Wiki and Madworld were very niche and The Conduit was solid but nothing special compared to other games in the genre. Your argument doesn't work without examples of high quality games on the Wii that didn't sell well and would have sold well on the 360.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2009, 04:42:01 AM »
Zack and Wiki, The Conduit, and Madworld

None of those games would have done any better saleswise on the 360; Zack & Wiki and Madworld were very niche and The Conduit was solid but nothing special compared to other games in the genre. Your argument doesn't work without examples of high quality games on the Wii that didn't sell well and would have sold well on the 360.

Der gott this never-ending argument was kind of funny early on, but now it's just annoying.  I think there's a very simple way (though research-intensive) to determine whether the hypothesis that "3rd party developers don't release quality 3rd party titles on Wii because they don't sell' is true or not.  I note this hypothesis because that seems to be the crux of the argument: why 3rd parties don't put their best efforts on Wii.  Those numbers posted above proved something, though at the moment I'm not quite sure if it actually proved an argument.  Let's assume for a moment the conceit that Metacritic is actually a reliable source for aggregate reviews (and that game reviewers rate all games fairly according to their merit), because honestly what other measurable source is there on that matter?  Ditto for VGChartz or whatever the hell you call that site.  I propose we take the top 10 highest-rated 3rd party software on Wii and then grab their sales figures and compare.  Remove ports or remakes if you please for more "pure" results.  If those 10 games show high sales, then 3rd party developers just don't care on Wii and there is a bias.  If those 10 games show low sales, then 3rd party developers don't see a reason to put high-quality games on Wii because they don't sell.  Is that a satisfactory way to settle this matter, everyone?  Hell, I'll even do the research myself if it'll settle this for the time being.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:57:11 AM by broodwars »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2009, 05:14:39 AM »
The argument will never be over because there's no way to satisfactorily prove either side's argument.

Regardless of what you come up with, the counter argument to it is to point out that only 5 third-party Wii games (not counting World of Goo, which I'm treating as something different) achieved a Metacritic score of 90 or better, and all of them are either rhythm games or last-gen ports. That means that no third parties have actually put forth enough effort on the Wii to be able to tell whether good Wii games sell or not. (By the way, of those 5 games, and throw in number 6, Tiger Woods 10 with an 88, only one hasn't sold well, Okami, which didn't do any better on the PS2)
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2009, 05:29:35 AM »
The argument will never be over because there's no way to satisfactorily prove either side's argument.

Regardless of what you come up with, the counter argument to it is to point out that only 5 third-party Wii games (not counting World of Goo, which I'm treating as something different) achieved a Metacritic score of 90 or better, and all of them are either rhythm games or last-gen ports. That means that no third parties have actually put forth enough effort on the Wii to be able to tell whether good Wii games sell or not. (By the way, of those 5 games, and throw in number 6, Tiger Woods 10 with an 88, only one hasn't sold well, Okami, which didn't do any better on the PS2)

As you wish.  Just watching the way D_Average debates irritates me.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »
bwaahaha, I know I said I'd leave, but I can't help but chime in one more time, as I was far from embarrassed.  If anything, I felt pity for my opponents who have such a strange desire to defend such basic titles they know deep down they're really not in to.  I used to do the same thing, back in 4th grade.

No, you got argued into a corner and started calling everybody names.  Now you're trying to save face, somehow to the people you say you have no interest in speaking with.  I have had disagreements with several people here, like broodwars and Ian Sane, but they've never resorted to rearranging my screenname into boorish attempts at insults like a 4th grader.  Actually I have to give the 4th grade children of today a lot more credit.  Most of the people I found during my Practicum for Psychology that still do this are emotionally stunted manchildren in their 20's, still reveling in the last days of their seemingly endless adolescence.

How many people on this forum are dying to play those third party games on the Wii compared to the 360/PS3 list (aside from Guitar Hero)?  You just proved my point.

I think you just proved my point, because if you actually RESEARCHED these games, you'd see most were released in mid to late 2007, and for budget prices.  If you look at Wii's top sellers as a whole, you'll see Nintendo's list of high quality titles (or at least in WiiPlay's case, high value titles.)  This includes a fighting game, a platformer, and a swordity adventure games, as well as an online competitive racer.  Nintendo applied themselves, made high quality games, and marketed them heavily and proudly.  Thus, they reap the rewards, something in the range of billions of dollars while most third parties struggle.

And how many people aren't dying to play Carnival Games, you say?  50 million, because that's how many Wii owners DIDN'T buy carnival games.  94%.  But apparently only 91% of 360 owners didn't buy Kung Fu Panda.

The third party games that sell are in the same bucket as Carnival Games while fabulous titles like Zack and Wiki, The Conduit, and Madworld rot 6 feet under.  This is truly sad.  It has nothing to do with the fact that gamers aren't interested in those titles, but everything to do with the fact they are vastly outnumbered by soccer moms and  business men picking up the game with the neatest box art.

Yeah, like KDR says.  Citation needed.  Up to this point it's been research.  Now we have stereotypical conjecture.  And bringing up MadWorld, Conduit, and Zack and Wiki don't prove anything you want.  Madworld and Conduit were published by Sega, and maybe did about 300,000 each, according to VGC, whose accuracy is debatable but it's a good ballark figure for both.  Two other games Sega released in the same time frame, Daisy Fuentes and Let's Tap, an exercise game and a minigame collection, apparently what Wii owners all crave, flopped hard, selling less than 100,000 combined.  So among Sega's games, the more more regular and traditional of their games did better than their focus-tested, "Wii demographic," "surefire" titles.

Zack and Wiki even proves this point further, selling 370,000, less than 1.3 million than Resident Evil 4, and less than 1 million than the retarded Resident Evil rail shooter.  What was the point you are trying to prove again?  Wii owners like cartoony adventure games less than M-Rated Zombie games?  Qu'est-ce que c'est?

And furthermore, third parties will continue to make teh casual titles similar to the ones noted above, I never said they wouldn't.  I said they have not given up on the Wii, they just given up on "hardcore" titles, which is really all that matters to the folks on this forum.

But that's just it, they shouldn't still make "teh casual" games, because they don't sell on the Wii now, and they never really did THEN, either.  So there's no real financial incentive except to make easy money on duping an ever-shrinking base of Wii owners gullible enough to buy their shoestring budget garbage.  But even this easy money isn't attractive enough put next to Nintendo's profits.  Why are they not emulating Nintendo, at the very least in effort?

In terms of 3rd parties its the cheap casual games that rule the Wii, while the titles we really want sit on the bench.

Right, in terms of third parties.  In terms of Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Smash Brothers, and Mario Kart rule the roost of games, period and that includes titles on other platforms.  Third parties are believing a false stereotype they created.  But that doesn't mean it's the truth no matter how many times it is repeated.

You want to make a casual title, put it on the Wii, even once the other lotion controls come out (the same people who bought Carnival Games are not about to drop another $300 for mini games in HD)  Thats pretty much all that will sell well on Wii for third parties, while creative "gamers games" are an absolute disaster on the Wii.

Again, I see Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, and Zelda in the top ten Wii games with Carnival games nowhere in sight.  Apparently even Wii owners don't drop down $200 for minigames at all.  And the same was true for the DS when that stereotype was running around them too.

It sucks, and it frustrates me too, but its the truth.  There's no sense in pretending all the third parties are involved in some sort of underground conspiracy.

Nobody ever said it was a "conspiracy."  If I had to classify it, it would be a confederation of some third parties who dislike the Wii and some stupid third parties who will struggle financially by either consciously or unconsciously avoiding the market leader and believing false stereotypes.

Well, maybe it is, makes things more interesting.

Not really. It's actually quite irritating to hear that some third parties hate the Wii and that some would rather risk financial ruin than make games for the market leader.

Thats it, I'm done.

Nobody really cared the first 29387 times you pouted and left.  Who should start now?

As you wish.  Just watching the way D_Average debates irritates me.

You and me both, brother.  Just imagine reading his next post where he'll be like:

What now, Juggaman?  Your points don't matter so I'll sidestep the argument I started and call you a fanboy, call the rest of you on the forum fanboys, and pass Juggment on all you Juggamen, before I peace out.  Got anything to say to that, jabroni?  And what you got to say, ChoadWars?  You try to insult me FoodSores?  In society, people debate.  You got that KurtCobainWars?

While everybody scratches their heads in bewildering confusion.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
ChoadWars?? *claps* yay!

KurCobainWars? BOOoooos!

That aside, good post Deg.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

you counter argument is the point, isn't it?

Where is the Wiis equivalent to what is selling on the PS360?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »
Guitar Hero III on Wii sold 4.5 million. Guitar Hero III on the XBox 360 sold 4.5 million. Doesn't this support that third-party games on Wii of actual quality sell just as well (or better in the PS3's case) as they would on the XBox 360?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »
Guitar Hero III on Wii sold 4.5 million. Guitar Hero III on the XBox 360 sold 4.5 million. Doesn't this support that third-party games on Wii of actual quality sell just as well (or better in the PS3's case) as they would on the XBox 360?

Then why don't you take the list of Top 10 3rd party games on PS360 and show me it's equivalent on the Wii.
And by equivalent, I mean same quality game, same genre, same caliber Developer with similar marketing support.

Beyond Guitar Hero, Rock Band & Tiger Woods (which all sold better on the Wii I believe), you aren't gonna have much to compare.