Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 716517 times)

Offline N-World

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #3225 on: March 16, 2010, 02:16:40 AM »
Celticsvania:  Rajon Rondo is Out for Blood

(Only counts if you follow the NBA)
Third parties haven't really given the Wii a fair shake. - Dequello

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:12 AM »
RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD
I think Capcom said they were spreading them out by about a month each.  The last one came out mid-February, so I would expect the next one sometime in the next couple weeks.

RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD RONDO OF BLOOD
BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD BONDO FO RLOOD

It's kinda entrancing to look at...
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3227 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »
So did anybody get Rondo of Blood? I only have 600 points so I can't get it.:/
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »
I'm waiting to get another points card since the points I have on the system are reserved for the last Phoenix Wright game. I could use the card I'm saving for the Mafia game prize and replace it later though... >:D
My Game Collection

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: March 16, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
So did anybody get Rondo of Blood? I only have 600 points so I can't get it.:/
I got it.  It's rad.  I'm gonna start a thread for it.

And here it is.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:36:29 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3230 on: March 22, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »
Today's games

For Wiiware we have Cave Story for 1200 Wii points.

On DSiware we have Drift Street International for 800 DSi points.
Libra Wing for 800 DSi points.

Game and Watch:Mario's cement factory for 200 DSi points.

Game and Watch:Chef for 200 DSi points.

Game and Watch: Judge for 200 DSi points.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: March 23, 2010, 06:51:42 AM »
Haven't had a 1200 point game in a while to my recollection.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: March 23, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
The last one I know of is Tetris Party. Actually, that's the only one I know of.
I have yet to see a WiiWare game which looks to be worth more than 1,000 points.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: March 23, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
Cave Story is worth more than 1,000 points.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3234 on: March 23, 2010, 05:47:31 PM »
In North America, there are 3 WiiWare games that are 1200 points (Cave Story, Tetris Party, Harvest Moon: My Little Shop). In Japan, the Phoenix Wright games are 1200 points (everywhere else they are 1000) and the three Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 24, 2010, 04:26:29 AM »
Don't forget Plaatchen Paint N Twist was 1200 in PAL-Land. Or was it 1000? something exorbitant. I think it was 1500 come to think of it.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3236 on: March 24, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
1000 in North America, 1500 in PAL regions.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3237 on: March 29, 2010, 09:39:43 AM »
This weeks games:

Ogre Battle 64: Persons of Lordly Caliber from Square Enix for the N64 on VC (1000 points)
Grill-Off with Ultra Hand! from Nintendo for WiiWare (80 Club Nintendo coins)
WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase from Nintendo for WiiWare (800 points)
Diner Dash from Hudson Soft for WiiWare (1000 points)
Disney Fireworks from Disney Interactive for DSiWare (800 points)
Save the Turtles from Sabarasa for DSiWare (500 points)
Nintendo DSi Metronome from Nintendo for DSiWare (200 points)
Nintendo DSi Instrument Tuner from Nintendo for DSiWare (200 points)
Super Yum Yum Puzzle Adventures from Mastertronic for DSiWare (800 points)

March 29, 2010

Wario may be known as a troublemaker, but this week he deserves a friendly high-five for helping to deliver a mother lode of downloadable fun for Wii™ owners. The new WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase game for the WiiWare service lets users with broadband Internet access download all kinds of outrageous content, from music and microgames to four-panel digital comics – some created by users themselves. Meanwhile, a classic RPG has arrived on the Virtual Console service, while Nintendo DSiWare users will find new ways to tune musical instruments, rescue turtles, launch their own fireworks display and more.

This week also marks the kickoff of Nintendo's WarioWare: D.I.Y. "Big Name Games" series. Several of the industry's most talented game designers are using WarioWare: D.I.Y. software for the Nintendo DSâ„¢ family of systems to create their own one-of-a-kind microgames. New microgames will be added every Monday through July 26, all available for download to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for Nintendo DS or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. The series gets underway with inventive new microgames from Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai and Metroid designer Yoshio Sakamoto. To learn more about the games and view an exclusive behind-the-scenes video featuring Masahiro Sakurai, visit http://www.wariowarediy.com.

And just for Club Nintendo members, we've got a little something extra to offer this week. Starting March 31, members can redeem 80 Coins to download Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!, a wild game for the Wii console that challenges players to cook a variety of meats with an extendable arm. What better way to prepare for barbecue season than some fast-paced grilling drills on your Wii system? For a taste of the action, visit http://grilloff.nintendo.com.

WiiWare

WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: The frantic fun of WarioWare is available for the first time on the WiiWare service! WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase shows off all the different elements found on the WarioWare: D.I.Y. game for the Nintendo DS family of systems. The WiiWare software includes microgames, music and four-panel comics – all with simple controls using only the Wii Remote™ controller. Use the Game Blender and its many modes to play microgames featuring Wario, ninjas, animals and even classic Nintendo franchises. Check out the Music section to hear or play a selection of songs using a character from Balloon Fight. In addition to the bevy of preloaded products, you can also receive content from friends, play with products made using WarioWare: D.I.Y. or download games from the NinSoft Store. Let your creativity run wild – even Wario would be impressed with the possibilities for new content!

Diner Dash
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Use of Alcohol
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Diner Dash, a popular PC action-puzzle game, has landed on the WiiWare service. Guide Flo, an office worker-turned-restaurateur, as she builds up her empire over four unique diners. Go online to face players in head-to-head. If you feel up to the challenge, join up with a friend or another player online for a Team Dash game where your team will take on six other players to see whose diner is the best in town. (Broadband Internet access is required for online play.) Players take direct control of Flo as she runs around to seat patrons, take orders, deliver food, take payment and bus tables as efficiently as possible within the time allowed. Players who are fond of traditional control schemes may also use a point-and-click style with hotkeys to aid Flo in her quest for customer satisfaction, which is reflected in a heart meter that empties as customers lose patience. If the meter empties completely, then the customer will leave the restaurant.

Virtual Console

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Original platform: Nintendo 64
Publisher: Square Enix
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Mild Language, Mild Violence
Description: Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber is a tactical RPG originally released for the Nintendo 64™ system. Featuring a gripping storyline with many possible endings, plus a genre-defining character class system, this strategic epic has rightly retained its place in the hearts of tactical RPG fans for more than a decade. The game tells the story of Magnus Gallant, a recently graduated officer of the Palatinean Army who is assigned to the troubled southern region of his native land. There he witnesses the plight of the lower classes – the victims of a tyrannical ruling elite whose only thought is for the preservation of its own lofty status. With civil war brewing, Magnus is faced with a terrible choice: to betray his own noble origins in the name of liberty, or to turn a blind eye to the evils of his rotten society.

Nintendo DSiWare

Disney Fireworks
Publisher: Disney Interactive Studios
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Light up the night with Disney Fireworks! Touch and flick to trigger a dazzling nighttime extravaganza of color and fun. Aim rockets to their matching colors in the sky to set off an explosion and score points. Time them perfectly to improve your Wow Meter and unlock special surprises and rockets. Disney Fireworks comes with five themed environments, original music, 15 challenging levels for each world, high-score tracking and much more.

Save the Turtles
Publisher: Sabarasa
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Comic Mischief
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Save the Turtles takes players to more than 32 of the world's most exotic beaches in a quest to help tiny turtles find their new home. Players must use the stylus to rub and tap the touch screen of the Nintendo DSi system, digging eggs from the sand and lining up cute reptiles while avoiding crabs, seagulls and litter on their way to the safety of the sea. The game features four modes, including a never-ending survival mode called Turtles Forever, plus several unlockable trophies. Give Mother Nature a hand and help save the turtles.

Nintendo DSi Metronome
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: The Nintendo DSi Metronome software can be used to help keep tempo –when playing an instrument, for example. It creates a rhythm by playing sounds based on beat and tempo settings, both of which allow a wide range of adjustments. Choose from three metronome designs (including one based on Nintendo's Game & Watch: Ball title) and record your own sounds for the metronome to use. Or, if you want to take a break, enjoy a unique minigame: Donkey Kong Metronome, in which you make sounds into the microphone to match the beat and have Mario jump over Donkey Kong's barrels.

Nintendo DSi Instrument Tuner
Description: The Nintendo DSi Instrument Tuner software can be used to tune an instrument by aligning tonal pitches. The software offers two methods of handling this: feeding sounds into the microphone to measure the difference with a target pitch, or listening to a sample tone. In addition, the standard musical pitch and notation can be changed, as well as the design of the tuner (choose one of three designs). If you're feeling especially in tune, test your ear by taking on the Tuner Fight minigame's challenge: Pop balloons as they rise from pipes by making tones that match the displayed pitches.

Super Yum Yum Puzzle Adventures
Publisher: Mastertronic
Description: Super Yum Yum Puzzle Adventures is a multi-award-winning puzzle game starring a chameleon called Leon. Featuring 48 levels across four worlds and exclusive Nintendo DSi features, the game asks players to navigate many hours of mind-bending game play while trying to rescue Leon's babies from the belly of Ms. Tum Tum. Leon must eat his way through fruity, fiendish puzzles, licking fruit to change color and choosing the right combinations of fruit to finish each level.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 29, 2010, 10:12:36 AM »
HOLY ****, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!  Ogre Battle 64 GET!!!!! (again!)   ;D ;D ;D ;D
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: March 29, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »
Ogre Battle 64.  Crazy.  I don't think I've ever seen this many weeks in a quarter where I was so excited for all the VC and WiiWare offerings.  I've got a backlog of downloadable titles now.

Got a question.  I haven't downloaded the OB: March of the Black Queen either;  which game would be a better introduction to Ogre Battle?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:41:08 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
including a never-ending survival mode called Turtles Forever

Missed opportunity for calling it "turtles all the way down".

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: March 29, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »
Ogre Battle 64.  Crazy.  I don't think I've ever seen this many weeks in a quarter where I was so excited for all the VC and WiiWare offerings.  I've got a backlog of downloadable titles now.

Got a question.  I haven't downloaded the OB: March of the Black Queen either;  which game would be a better introduction to Ogre Battle?

Ogre Battle 64 by far.  You'll miss out on the significance of Destin Faroda and his fellow Zenobians (since their exploits were told in the original Ogre Battle), but otherwise the game is standalone and (unlike the original OB) is actually fun and comparatively accessible.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: March 29, 2010, 03:46:57 PM »
I wonder how Diner Dash compares to the retail release? It was a fantastic and overlooked game.

Anyways, Ogre Battle 64 sure came out of nowhere. Wow.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: March 29, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »
Anyways, Ogre Battle 64 sure came out of nowhere. Wow.

The game was released in Europe last week.  Who didn't see this coming?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:55 PM »
Well, I gave my new VC copy of the girl a whirl on my big TV, and man does being able to play the game at long last in Component video make a difference.  This game is gorgeous, and in this higher-res output you can really see the 2D sprites a lot better now and the artwork really shines.  This really was a game that needed to be on Virtual Console, and it makes me glad I sacrificed $8 on the blah original Ogre Battle if it meant we got this.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3245 on: April 05, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
This weeks games:

Ironclad from D4 Enterprise for Neo Geo on VC (1000 points)
Fishie Fishie from DK Games for WiiWare (500 points)
Learning with the PooYoos: Episode 2 from Lexis Numérique for WiiWare (500 points)
Game & Watch: Manhole (released in Japan as Manhole) from Nintendo for DSiWare (200 points)
Game & Watch: Helmet (released in Japan as Helmet) from Nintendo for DSiWare (200 points)
Game & Watch: Vermin (released in Japan as Vermin) from Nintendo for DSiWare (200 points)
Mr. Driller: Drill Till You Drop (released in Japan as Mr. Driller DSi) from Namco Bandai for DSiWare (500 points)

The Mr. Driller game came out in Japan way back in February 2009, but is 300 points cheaper here. North America also gets the first two microgames in the Big Game Series for WarioWare: D.I.Y. (both of which are free to download):

Suck Goo! from Ron Carmel of 2D Boy (developer of WiiWare game World of Goo)
Ikachan! from Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya (creator of WiiWare game Cave Story)

April 5, 2010

With new games available for easy download to your Wii console or Nintendo DSi system each week, players of all ages, tastes and experience levels are enjoying an ever-growing library of top-quality entertainment options. This week's additions include an arcade-style game set in a fish-eat-fish world, an engaging game for young kids and the North American debut of a side-scrolling gem from the NEOGEO era. Also, the Nintendo DSiWare service offers another round of retro gaming in the form of three more Game & Watch titles from Nintendo's classic 1980s series of hand-held games, plus the latest version of the Mr. DRILLER franchise, which invites fans to drill through multiple game modes and a variety of stages.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's WarioWare: D.I.Y. "Big Name Games" series continues with two new downloadable microgames created by top game designers. Suck Goo! is an imaginative offering from 2D BOY's Ron Carmel, co-creator of the award-winning World of Goo for the WiiWare service. You'll also find Ikachan!, an original microgame designed by Daisuke Amaya (a.k.a. Pixel), whose popular Cave Story is also available for the WiiWare service. New "Big Name Games" will be added every Monday through July 26, all available to download for zero Nintendo DSi Points to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for Nintendo DS or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. Visit the Nintendo Channel on your Wii system today to learn more about the games and view an exclusive behind-the-scenes video featuring 2D BOY's Ron Carmel.

Also, a special reminder for Club Nintendoâ„¢ members: You can now redeem 80 Coins to download Grill-off with Ultra Hand!â„¢, a wild game for the Wii console that challenges players to cook a variety of meats with an extendable arm. For details on this delicious new offering, visit http://grilloff.nintendo.com.

WiiWare

FISHIE FISHIE
Publisher: DK GAMES
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Welcome to FISHIE FISHIE, a game that can be played with just one button. You're going to experience something extraordinary that will really test your reflexes. The game contains a series of tutorials that will teach you not only how to control your fishie, but also how to use the various game modes. In Fishie Fishie, you are a fish that must eat all the time. You also have to finish several different game modes as quickly as possible. Every second counts. To win, you'll have to get through more than 100 levels spread over seven game modes: Story, Soccer, Capture the Star, Survival, Skill and a large competition. Play solo or allow up to four people to play on the same screen.

Learning with the PooYoos: Episode 2
Publisher: Lexis Numérique
ESRB Rating: EC (Early Childhood)
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Welcome to the world of the PooYoos, the first fun, poetic trainer for children aged 3 to 6. With the PooYoos, a merry band of adorable baby animals, children will have fun while learning the basics: numbers, letters, lateralization, shapes, colors and more. Children get to dance with their new friends and earn lovely interactive rewards. With two levels of interactivity, children of any age and development level can enjoy activities based on plants and music. This game was designed for children who have not yet grasped reading. The instructions are spoken in French, English or Spanish, depending on the language setting of the Wii console.

Virtual Console

IRONCLAD
Original platform: NEOGEO
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Fantasy Violence, Mild Language
Description: IRONCLAD is a side-scrolling shoot-'em-up originally developed by SAURUS in 1996. You operate a warship and team with the mighty Iron Clad in order to fight the Iron Mask Republic and save the Kingdom of Chop. The biggest appeal of this game comes from discovering all the ways you can attack your enemies. Your weaponry includes three main blast weapons upgradable by collecting more items, a charged attack you can use when Iron Clad is attached to your ship, three types of melee weapons you can brandish to show off your strength in close-range combat, a bomber that clears all enemy bullets, and shooting patterns that change based on whether the Iron Clad is attached or disconnected from your ship. A vast array of weaponry lies waiting to become part of your arsenal. You can even select the stages you want to play, feeding your hunger for combat and allowing you to see different endings for each play-through.

Nintendo DSiWare

Game & Watch: Manhole
Description: Move quickly and use your manhole cover to prevent the pedestrians from falling through the holes. Pedestrians appear from the left on the upper path and from the right on the bottom path. Earn a point every time a pedestrian walks safely over a covered manhole, or receive a mistake icon for every pedestrian who falls down an uncovered manhole. Receive three mistake icons and it's game over!

Game & Watch: Helmet
Description: Tools are falling from the sky! Help the worker at the construction site move from the building on the left to the office on the right while avoiding the hammers, wrenches and pliers dropping from above. Earn five points for entering the office and one point for every three tools that hit the ground. Receive a mistake icon each time the worker gets hit with a falling tool. Receive three mistake icons and it's game over!

Game & Watch: Vermin
Description: It's time to clean up the neighborhood. Move the player to the left or right and hit the moles that pop out of holes in the ground. Moles appear from four holes in GAME A and from five holes in GAME B. The moles in GAME B move faster than those in GAME A, and they also appear more frequently. Earn one point for each mole hit, or receive a mistake icon for each miss. Receive three mistake icons and it's game over!

Mr. DRILLER: Drill Till You Drop
Publisher: NBGI
Description: Drill till you drop with the latest version of Mr. DRILLER, created exclusively for the Nintendo DSi system. Featuring the classic game play that the series is known for, Drill Till You Drop has three different game modes and more than 40 stages of nonstop drilling action. Go underground with Mission mode and dig into various locales with deeper and more challenging goals. Race against the clock to reach the goal in Time Attack mode. Drill through a labyrinth of stones to collect the rare and precious Dristones in the Dristone mode, exclusive to the Nintendo DSi system. Choose from six different drillers, drill through a seemingly endless onslaught of colored blocks, avoid falling obstacles and strategically manage your oxygen on the go.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3246 on: April 09, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
I don't know if anybody has noticed this but the Shop channel has been updated slightly. When you connect and reach the first page there is arrows on the left and right of the screen. Click these arrows or use the left and right on the Wiimote and you can cycle through different types of games. You click on the name up top and it will show the catalog.Once you are done looking click back and it will take you to the first page.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:42:18 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3247 on: April 12, 2010, 09:28:53 AM »
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: NEW DOWNLOADABLE GAMES PROVE ANYONE CAN BE CROWNED KING

April 12, 2010

Have you ever wanted to be a king? Maybe the king of Los Angeles? The new Nintendo DSiWare game Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A. gives you a shot at becoming Southern California royalty. Over on the Virtual Console service, old-school gamers will, like, totally love the chance to become king of the '80s with the gnarly original arcade version of Zaxxon available for download.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's WarioWare: D.I.Y. "Big Name Games" series continues with a new downloadable microgame created by top game designer Alex Neuse of Gaijin Games. Neuse is the designer behind the BIT.TRIP series, which is available exclusively on the WiiWare service. He believes meaningful experiences can be delivered through a minimalistic design approach. In his WarioWare: D.I.Y. game, Fire Bad!, you'll get a hint at CommanderVideo's next adventure. New "Big Name Games" will be added every Monday through July 26, all available to download for zero Nintendo DSi Points to anyone with broadband Internet access and a copy of either WarioWare: D.I.Y. for the Nintendo DS family of systems or WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase software for the WiiWare service. Visit the Nintendo Channel on your Wii system today to learn more about these games and to see a video of Neuse discussing Fire Bad!

Nintendo DSiWare

Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A.
Publisher: Gameloft
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Suggestive Themes, Tobacco Reference, Violence
Description: Move to the West Coast and immerse yourself in Los Angeles gang life with Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A. Complete 75 different missions that combine the best of action games and driving games.

* Explore Los Angeles and its famous neighborhoods, including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, downtown, the suburbs and the harbor.
* A unique feeling of freedom: Drive or walk anywhere in massive, open environments. Feel free to complete missions at your own pace, or just do absolutely anything you want.
* A thrilling storyline with flashbacks and unexpected developments: Go from rags to riches, connect with relatives and help out their gang until you're living the golden life.
* Improved driving experience: Drive cars, quads, motorcycles and use the environment to perform unbelievable stunts.
* Use the inner camera or outer camera to decrease your wanted status, take a new photo of your face and fake your ID card to remain incognito.

AlphaBounce
Publisher: Mad Monkey Studios
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Drug Reference, Violent References
Description: AlphaBounce combines the classical brick-breaking concept with strong RPG features, offering you the chance to explore an endless universe with millions of levels. Discover items hidden in the deepest corners of the galaxy. Use these items to modify your spaceship and improve your firepower. You have been taken prisoner by an evil intergalactic mining corporation and exiled to outer space. With the help of your spaceship, your mission is to blast your way through the bricks in order to find a way back to Earth.

7 Card Games
Publisher: cerasus.media
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) - Simulated Gambling
Description: Who has the best hand? Take a seat, have a drink and get started: Keep a straight face during poker while you wager the bluff of your life. Put it all on one hit in Black Jack - and take the jackpot. You choose the number of opponents. Prefer something quieter? Then try a Solitaire game like Freecell or Klondike. Whether you prefer a quick round here and there or fun for the entire evening, now you can always have your favorite card games right at your fingertips. The detailed graphics and authentic atmosphere will wow you.

AiRace
Publisher: QubicGames
Players: 1-6
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: AiRace is a high-octane, adrenaline-fueled air, speed and stunt game for the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL systems. AiRace is not your typical hand-held racing - it's high-sky racing at its best. There are no limits to your flight with 360° movement and unique steering with the Nintendo DSi stylus. AiRace offers you a chance to control one of nine planes and compete against AI or human opponents in six exotic locations. With great physics, plane upgrades, on-the-track power-ups and unique maps, AiRace offers a little bit more than your average racing. Now it's time to leave your cars and switch to airplanes.

WiiWare

Military Madness: Nectaris
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
ESRB Rating: E 10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Description: The Military is back for a new generation of recruits. The classic turn-based strategy series Military Madness, aka Nectaris, is exploding onto the WiiWare service. With a new graphical barrage, a new commander unit, online team and vs. multiplayer modes, and a platoon of other new features, this is the maddest game in the series yet.

* 4-Person Online Multiplayer: Coordinate strategies or taunt foes in team or vs. multiplayer modes for up to four people.
* A new unit - Commanders: Choose a commander to lead your forces in multiplayer and choose from 20 unique abilities.
* Multiple command views: Plan out strategy in the overhead map view and watch glorious battles unfold with cinematic camera action.
* Detailed stat-tracking leaderboards: Increase your rank as you march up the leaderboards on your mission to prove you're the top general around.

Virtual Console
Zaxxon
Original platform: Arcade
Publisher: SEGA
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: Travel back to a time when a lovable alien phoned home, gas cost a mere 90 cents a gallon and everyone was wearing high-tops, leg warmers and had big hair. This was the early '80s, and this was when video gamers nationwide were wowed by the cutting-edge graphics and sound effects of the first three-dimensional-like intergalactic arcade shooter: Zaxxon. Touted as the first game to put video display in perspective, Zaxxon featured "looks" and "sounds" like actual aircraft flight, allowing players to command their ship just like a real fighter pilot. Dive, bank, fly left and right, and up and down - Zaxxon had it all. Fly through heavily armored space fortresses while strafing fuel tanks, dodging walls and blowing up enemy missiles and gunnery. This game is littered with explosions. Then take the fight to the enemy fighter fleet and destroy the aggressor ships with extreme prejudice. Blasting pixels has never been so fun.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: April 12, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »
Fun Fact: It's mid-April, and Nintendo has yet to release a first party VC game this year. The last one was Pilotwings, released the last week of 2009.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: April 12, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
Fun Fact: It's mid-April, and Nintendo has yet to release a first party VC game this year. The last one was Pilotwings, released the last week of 2009.

Unless you count OB64, which they published in Japan.