Author Topic: Nintendo Announces E3 Mario Maker Demo Locations  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Announces E3 Mario Maker Demo Locations
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:44:00 AM »

Play Mario Maker and score some swag (while supplies last)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40366/nintendo-announces-e3-mario-maker-demo-locations

Nintendo has so many locations for the Best Buy Mario Maker demos, they set up a tool to point you to them.

The Nintendo E3 site has updated with a special tool that lets you search by zip or postal code to see which Best Buys will be running the Mario Maker demo on June 17 and 20. Early arrivals at the demo station will also receive a special 30th anniversary Mario pin.

A full list of locations for our Canadian friends can be seen here.

Will you be trying out Mario Maker during E3 week? Let us know in the Talkback below!

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces E3 Mario Maker Demo Locations
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
Surprisingly, this year there actually is a Best Buy relatively near me that's hosting this demo. However, I'm not going to waste my time & my car's gas on a Mario Maker demo. If anything belonged up on the eShop as a special demo download for E3, it's that game.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
Ah, the Best Buy near me that's a 45-minute walk away is hosting! Hmm, I didn't go to the Smash Bros. one last year as it was Smash Bros. and I knew I was going to get the game. But I might spend the time to check out Mario Maker with my own eyes.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
Well the Best Buy that is like a two minute drive from my house is actually included.  I almost feel like I have to go now.  Mario Maker doesn't exactly blow my skirt up but if there isn't a big line or anything I might as well check it out.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
I've wanted Nintendo to make an official Mario level editor for decades, and I'm so happy they are finally making one. I love using level editor programs like Mario Builder on my PC, and the Mario vs DK games are surprisingly robust, so I have high hopes for Mario Maker.

Luckily there is a Best Buy near me that's participating in the demo, but this would be perfect as an eShop download.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
My local Best Buy is at it again!

I might go.  My friend who I usually go with moved away recently, and I'm not that excited about it.  I'm more excited to play custom levels than make them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 09:46:59 PM »
For what it's worth, I'm aiming to be the first person outside of the Pacific time zone to play Mario Maker on the 17th for NWR impressions. Luckily, they did put the closer of the two Best Buys in my area as the demo spot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 09:49:12 PM »
As in previous years, the Best Buy that's just a few miles from my house has the demos, and also as in those years I most likely won't be going.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 07:02:51 AM »
Of course. One location in my entire bloody state and it is over an hour's drive away from me. The one that I pass by every day (and is in an easy location for people from 3 states to attend) doesn't get the demo. Unless I have the day off, I won't be attending.